Chargers finally sign Bosa: Who blinked?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would have to pay all of his guaranteed bonus money if they traded him, which means they'd have to pay upwards of $14M against the cap.

Not going to happen.

When you know something won't happen, it's easy to clamor for it so that later you can claim that if only they'd listened to you, they'd be better.

The Chargers, the only team in the NFL that has completely :censored: up the easiest system ever to be in place for rookie signings since the age of collective bargaining agreements. You drafted the guy 3rd overall, BY YOUR OWN CHOICE. WAAAAAAYYYYYY too late in the game for you to be trying to doubt that selection now. Pay the man according to his slot, stop trying to give yourself an out like no other team has finagled since this system has been in place, and get YOUR #3 pick into the fold.

Yep! Only option for SD!

The NFL is the only career I'm aware of where an employee can demand a value they have yet to prove

How quickly you forget how much these teams were willing to pay rookies before the slotting system. What Bosa is asking for is chump change compared to what Sam Bradford got. These players can demand what the market will pay. They produced in college and that earned them their draft position.

How quickly you forget how much these teams were willing to pay rookies before the slotting system. What Bosa is asking for is chump change compared to what Sam Bradford got. These players can demand what the market will pay. They produced in college and that earned them their draft position.

I haven't forgotten - I simply disagree that it should have ever happened in the first place. Now, with new CBA, stfu take your money and go earn your next contract. Play with some passion, humility, and gratitude. As for precious CBA, players took as much as they could, fine - that was the system, but no one will convince me they "earned" it...just take a long look at the litany of 1st round busts.

Joey Bosa is an overrated punk. He did NOT dominate at Ohio State. He will be solid, but no where near a dominant force that people like to think he will be. He is not a fast twitch type of player. He will be getting paid a ton of money being the 3rd pick regardless of the language in his contract. He looks like a spoiled child holding out like this, when everyone else has been grinding in camp for the past month.

I spoke with my son last nite about this while eating Pizza and wings at a Buffalo type restaurant in good old Atlanta. He is a DE on one of the top high school teams in the country. Starting his senior season. (Had a bad left lower leg injury early in his junior season and now is completely healed. He is behind in the recruiting process a bit, because he missed most of last season. But he had a huge first game last weekend. So if he keeps it up he will be playing big time Power 5 college ball next year. Sorry for my digression.) But we discussed the Bosa situation. And I told him. If you are blessed to be a high draft pick in 4 or 5 years from now, you will never hold out. You played ball since you were 6 years old. Now you get the opportunity to get paid to play the game you love. And get paid quite well. You don't screw with that in the slightest.

Bosa and his family look greedy. Good for the Chargers. They do business how they do business. It has worked for Phillip Rivers, Antonio Gates and Ladanian Tomlinson. It should work for Joey Bosa. Enuf said.