Players above/below expectations for this season

What players do you think will surprise people (in a good way) or disappoint in this upcoming season?

Above expectations: Jordan Mills, Jim Dray, Sterling Moore, Zach Brown, Kevon Seymour

Below expectations: Dez Lewis, John Miller, Shaq Lawson, Kyle Williams, Jonathan Williams

Edited by RobRyanFan

What players do you think will surprise people (in a good way) or disappoint in this upcoming season?

Above expectations: Jordan Mills, Jim Dray, Sterling Moore, Zach Brown, Kevon Seymour

Below expectations: Dez Lewis, John Miller, Shaq Lawson, Kyle Williams, Jonathan Williams

If Mills plays even and steady i will be pleased. If Dray can block AND catch a couple i will again be pleased. Sterling Moore , i have no idea. Z Brown i have high expectations because of his wheels and he knowing folks think he cannot hit. SeeMore? maybe not this year but have high hopes.

Dez, i think he will continue his ramp upwards. John Miller is going to solidify himself this year at RG. Shaq i have lost interest in for now as i am already disappointed. Kyle is my Boy, he can do no wrong in my eye.

J Williams is a good kid. his stock is low right now so i only see it rising. How far depends on how much playing time he gets. and he may not get much excepting injury

Edited by 3rdand12

Above expectations, Jerel Worthy, Greg Salas, Preston Brown, John Miller

Below expectations, Karlos Williams, Corey Graham, NIckel Robey, Dan Carpenter

Robey is having a rough start. Not good after a rough season.

love the Kid but

Greg Little is taking that 3rd WR job and going to do well with it.

OLB's will have a down year as a unit. Hughes will suffer from the amount of attention he is going to get. I know Rex will disguise things yada yada but we are still short a rusher.

No way is little taking the #3. :devil:

Salas or Lewis

Robey is having a rough start. Not good after a rough season.

love the Kid but

No way is little taking the #3. :devil:

Salas or Lewis

He is very fluid for his frame, all he has to do is catch the ball. Lewis wasn't smooth last year, haven't laid my eyes on him yet since the hype but I have my doubts. Salas is the definition of JAG, not big or fast enough to ever be more than that. I linked up some scouting reports before on Little, he is beastly. We will keep a close eye on this one and the loser has to buy the other a beer whenever we cross paths! Edited by Commonsense

He is very fluid for his frame, all he has to do is catch the ball. Lewis wasn't smooth last year, haven't laid my eyes on him yet since the hype but I have my doubts. Salas is the definition of JAG, not big or fast enough to ever be more than that. I linked up some scouting reports before on Little, he is beastly. We will keep a close eye on this one and the loser has to buy the other a beer whenever we cross paths!

Well i hope we both win some how.

Salas has been described as very fast out of his breaks and Lewis was described as hardly breaking a sweat on some catches.

Waay to early to call. Little getting nice reports too!

May the best men win. That's what we both want in the end anyways Common. I know we are agreed on that !!

and heck yes to those beers. No matter who buys, we both drink 'em.

We certainly will keep a close eye on the WR competition.

here is a virtual one to get us started :thumbsup:

:beer:

above: Johnny Williams, Jim Dray, Robert Blanton, Kolby Listenbee, Sterling Moore, Dan Carpenter

below: Leonard Hankerson, Greg Little, Shady McCoy, Reggie Bush

If a guy isn't a natural hands catcher its a difficult change to make at this stage for Hankerson/Little. On the flip side, Listenbee is, and I think he contributes.

Shady I'm thinking about the same as last year and not anticipating much from Bush (there's a joke there somewhere).

Carpenter I think has become underrated.

Edited by Aaron

fun game. With a way too early in TC prediction

above: Blanton, Ragland, Gilmore

below: Darby, P Brown, Clay

Some of these are tough because some people have crazy expectations for some of the more polarizing players on the team. That and the homer in me expects/wants 1300 rushing yards from Shady, 4000 passing yards from TT, 1400 receiving yards from Watkins, 10 sacks from Hughes (besides the overall great play of Dareus, Cog, and Cordy)

Edited by YattaOkasan

As far as impressing or disappointing this board specifically:

Above: Gilmore (will erase all doubt he's worth the bank), Woods (contract year, healthy, and continuity = Woods earning a big payday... probably somewhere else), Zach Brown (Not sure he'll be consistent, but I think he'll make a few splash plays which will turn some heads)

Below: Darby (I feel like people are so high on him he can only disappoint -- even though I don't expect him to have a bad year), Listenbee (I don't expect him to make much of an impact in regular season games), Butler (might not even make it out of Pittsford)

I think Hughes gets 15 sacks or more this season. I think Dez Lewis makes Bob Woods expendable.

I hate to talk about disappointment and my team, but I think Aaron Williams will only be half the man he was out there before the injury and lose the starting gig. Or he may just hang up the cleats.

Above: Miller

Below: Tyrod

Tyrod played well last year and so the expectations are pretty high. Defenses have more tape on him and he'll be forced to use the middle of the field more. I think he could play decently but still underperform expectations.

Below: Tyrod as soon as he signs that big contract. Also, expect Darby to have a big sophomore slump making the Gilmore contract a top priority. Shaq Lawson will contribute next to nothing.

Above: Shady will be a pro bowler and Robert Woods will have a big year since Sammy will be doubled.

Push: Gilmore will have a big year but that's to be expected. Hughes and Dareus will lead the defensive resurgence. Clay will have a quiet but solid year.

Players I expect to surpass general expectations: Woods, McCoy, P. Brown, Carpenter

Players I expect to fall short: Fat Karlos (for being dumb), A. Williams (injury), Shaq Lawson (late start), Dez Lewis (dealing w/ physical play)