Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant tooten may bee two 5 or two ten maybe too five. Possibly tooenmay beetwofive.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's so obvious when you break it down scientifically.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm serious--at the time, they had nothing in the cupboard. They took the QB with the most upside.

Just because he turned out to be a bust doesn't mean it was an ill-advised pick.

That entire draft class was well below average; I have no problem with the EJ pick.

The Kouandjio pick, on the other hand...

You need to go back and look at that draft and in particular what they were saying about Manuel. The consensus was that we reached for a QB that was a 2nd to 4th rounder. Some even had him 5th or 6th.

He turned out to be a bust because he was drafted way too high. If we had drafted him in round 3 or 4, or hell, even 2, it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal.

You have leap frogged my point tho, altho not untypical for you, that Manuel was a poor pick. You can add all the reasons and excuses, but he was a poor pick and thus far Whaley's taken hardly any practical heat for it. And yes, it was his pick, he himself has made this perfectly clear and you can go listen to him anytime.

In fact, he boldly proclaims that EJ had "the IT factor."

Do you agree, did EJ have "the IT factor?"

Most people atune to the draft thought that was laughable.

I don't know what's in your memory banks, but it's not reality.

Edited by TaskersGhost

You need to go back and look at that draft and in particular what they were saying about Manuel. The consensus was that we reached for a QB that was a 2nd to 4th rounder. Some even had him 5th or 6th.

He turned out to be a bust because he was drafted way too high. If we had drafted him in round 3 or 4, or hell, even 2, it wouldn't have been nearly as big a deal.

You have leap frogged my point tho, altho not untypical for you, that Manuel was a poor pick. You can add all the reasons and excuses, but he was a poor pick and thus far Whaley's taken hardly any practical heat for it. And yes, it was his pick, he himself has made this perfectly clear and you can go listen to him anytime.

In fact, he boldly proclaims that EJ had "the IT factor."

Do you agree, did EJ have "the IT factor?"

Most people atune to the draft thought that was laughable.

I don't know what's in your memory banks, but it's not reality.

No, YOU are missing the point.

If you don't have a QB, then you take your shot whenever you can.

That's what they did.

That it didn't work out doesn't mean it was wrong.

As to the "it factor", did you want him to say "he's not ideal, but we HAD to do SOMETHING "?

Seriously?

You wanted a deal signed because you, without any evidence, thought TT hated the Bills and would refuse to sign after this season if we didn't pay him $20M per year. Even after today, it remains a stupid take.

Nice try lying. I said the Bills risked ill will if they made TT play the season at $2MM, which as I said earlier, is an insult to any 2nd year starter. Edited by PromoTheRobot

You wanted a deal signed because you, without any evidence, thought TT hated the Bills and would refuse to sign after this season if we didn't pay him $20M per year. Even after today, it remains a stupid take.

But, hey, I understand this is all you have left to go to.

Need to see more details on the gtd money and outs. No real reason to make this deal at this time.

The guaranteed money, structure and outs were the reason to make the deal at this time. If he duplicated last year's performance (not a stretch) you would be looking at an AAV of $20M w/ much more fully guaranteed. The reason to do it now was because you were able to control him for as long as you want at a more than fair salary (23rd highest QB AAV).

I LOVE this.Tyrod has taken the bull by the horns worked his butt off,acted like a pro and blown the other qbs out of the water in camp.He has done nothing but shown signs of improvement since he stepped through the doors.He had a nice year last year and seems to be building on that.He is not Trent Edwards guys he just isn't anyone without slow eyes can see that.As far as comparing it to the Fitz contract as stated by other that wasn't as bad of a deal as some people think.To be honest Fitz is doing OK in NY anyway he wasn't really a bust he was hurt and we should have never dumped him anyways.All in all I LOVE the BLACK UNICORN.Viva LA unicornio negro..ariba!!

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184763-is-it-wise-to-grossly-underpay-your-starting-qb/

Links don't lie. If you think you were unfairly mocked for this topic, I don't know what to say.

Yes. I said the Bills risked bad feelings. You lied. You're flailing. Edited by PromoTheRobot