Andre Johnson wants a shot

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pass. The Bills are building for the future (finally) and not trying to patch together a group of journeyman and has-beens. For once, let's see the youth on this team develop. If they're hit with the injury bug early in the season, I say give him a veteran minimum contract with no guarantees and see what happens. Otherwise no.

Last year he had his issues. Would love to see what's left in his tank. Could come cheap.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/06/andre-johnson-still-hoping-some-team-will-give-him-a-shot/

Who would have thought that a guy who had 109 catches and 1400+ yards receiving would be out of the league in 2 years due to declining productivity........right?

Actually happens all the time.

If you are lucky......just before they fall off that cliff your star player has a breakthrough moment where wisdom combines with the ability to still physically perform and you get a GREAT season like Brett Favre had when he took Minnesota to the NFC championship game.

There are tons of examples of this.

Will some fans of other teams will be kicking around the merits of bringing in LeSean McCoy next summer or will he have that last gasp of greatness this season and extend his career?

I know this much for sure.......if a guy like Johnson who has had no major personality/off field issues can't get a roster spot before TC when McCoy's turn comes up there isn't likely to be much interest.

Who would have thought that a guy who had 109 catches and 1400+ yards receiving would be out of the league in 2 years due to declining productivity........right?

Actually happens all the time.

If you are lucky......just before they fall off that cliff your star player has a breakthrough moment where wisdom combines with the ability to still physically perform and you get a GREAT season like Brett Favre had when he took Minnesota to the NFC championship game.

There are tons of examples of this.

Will some fans of other teams will be kicking around the merits of bringing in LeSean McCoy next summer or will he have that last gasp of greatness this season and extend his career?

I know this much for sure.......if a guy like Johnson who has had no major personality/off field issues can't get a roster spot before TC when McCoy's turn comes up there isn't likely to be much interest.

Why are you turning this into a McCoy thread?

When Shady was younger with less mileage he would have outrun this Andre Johnson thread.

Johnson looked toast last year, we have a handful of younger guys to compete for a roster spot I don't see the fit.

wait for the injuries

He had very hoganesque stats last season.

So did Hogan. and look how that turned out.

The Patsies have their electric eye on Andre too, i might suppose ?

Some one will pick him up for cheap in time

Why are you turning this into a McCoy thread?

That's funny. Badol, I'm sure your a good guy, but you are like Wolowitz from the Big Bang Theory I think in season 6. Leonard and Sheldon were performing experiments on Wolowitz because he would turn every conversation into how he went into space. It was hilarious as no matter what was said, he turned into an astronaut comment.

Just kidding Badol. I think every person on TBD is aware how much you cannot stand him on this team, and all the reasons we were fools for taking him. We definitely know.

Anyway, Andre Johnson needs to hang it up. He's past his prime, and should find another endeavor.