How much do YOU love the Bills?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until this past year I would always say that I love the Bills like an immediate family member and the Sabres like a first cousin. Something weird happened in me recently though and I now care about the Sabres a little bit more than the Bills. It's not as if I won't watch every second of every game but I am so put off by Rex Ryan that he actually made me care less about the Bills. I guess I love the history of the Bills and my memories of growing up on the Bills more than I love the 2016 Bills. A lot more.

No tats. Not a tat guy. But here in Seahawk country, I have a Bills case for both my iPhones, Bills stickers on both my cars, a Bills entry mat at my front door, and a nice Bills wallet. Oh, and Bills blankets in my living room.

I'm probably going to add that hilarious 'Buffalo Bills - Stanley Cup Champions' flag to my garage.

My wife and step-kids are from the Philippines. My biological daughter was born - and grew up - in California. But I've decked them all out in Bills paraphernalia to take them to games or Bills-Backer sports bars.

Up until this past year I would always say that I love the Bills like an immediate family member and the Sabres like a first cousin. Something weird happened in me recently though and I now care about the Sabres a little bit more than the Bills. It's not as if I won't watch every second of every game but I am so put off by Rex Ryan that he actually made me care less about the Bills. I guess I love the history of the Bills and my memories of growing up on the Bills more than I love the 2016 Bills. A lot more.

The whole team has gotten much more unlikable. You have WR's taking shots at the fan base. The loss or diminished role of vocal good guys like Kyle and Fred. The addition of Lesean McCoy, an idiot.

My son is Thomas Thurman, my second is Henry Jones...

My sons live in different cities, but I get a Bills text almost daily. One has a Bills tattoo, the other a huge Bills banner/flag thing hanging over his bed. When they turned 16 I took them to games at the Ralph as a rite of passage. It worked. But neither are named after Bills players. Compared to that I'm weak. I hope the momma was fully informed, not just "I really like these names..."

The whole team has gotten much more unlikable. You have WR's taking shots at the fan base. The loss or diminished role of vocal good guys like Kyle and Fred. The addition of Lesean McCoy, an idiot.

Maybe it means we will win more. Like able is good if it means they produce also. Fred was not and Kyle only saw his role diminish due to injury.

I still love the Bills and always will. To the one poster who said they don't like the Bills as much now, I ask how old are you? I think when we hit a certain age many of us have other priorities come up which takes more of our focus. Careers, spouses, children, etc...

The Bills are a tradition for me, they make my Sunday's entertaining. When they lose I am bummed for a little while after the game. But then I see look at all the good things in life. When they win it makes Sunday and the entire week a little better. When something bad happens I can say' at least the Bills won'. The Bills were a huge part of growing up for me. Some of my fondest memories as a kid involve the Bills.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Maybe it means we will win more. Like able is good if it means they produce also. Fred was not and Kyle only saw his role diminish due to injury.

I still love the Bills and always will. To the one poster who said they don't like the Bills as much now, I ask how old are you? I think when we hit a certain age many of us have other priorities come up which takes more of our focus. Careers, spouses, children, etc...

The Bills are a tradition for me, they make my Sunday's entertaining. When they lose I am bummed for a little while after the game. But then I see look at all the good things in life. When they win it makes Sunday and the entire week a little better. When something bad happens I can say' at least the Bills won'. The Bills were a huge part of growing up for me. Some of my fondest memories as a kid involve the Bills.

It hasn't yet.

No tats. Not a tat guy. But here in Seahawk country, I have a Bills case for both my iPhones, Bills stickers on both my cars, a Bills entry mat at my front door, and a nice Bills wallet. Oh, and Bills blankets in my living room.

I'm probably going to add that hilarious 'Buffalo Bills - Stanley Cup Champions' flag to my garage.

My wife and step-kids are from the Philippines. My biological daughter was born - and grew up - in California. But I've decked them all out in Bills paraphernalia to take them to games or Bills-Backer sports bars.

Did you grow up here?