Police Shamelessly cite Terrorism in Patrolling Private Lots

Fingon

he seems to be deliberately misquoting me , in a very negative way, I don't appreciate it. My posts are here to see, no need to embellish to make your point.

lets shed some light on the things you said. Here's a few of the doozies you've had in this thread

"cops have killed for much less than that. Usually black people"

"I would love to be there when you tell the cops to f-off. I hope for your sake you aren't black"

dwight in philly, on 24 Jun 2016 - 1:28 PM, said:

so being caucasian , and i tell the cops to F-OFF, i should be ok then?

"odds are, yes. maybe not ok, but probably not dead"

"try hard to avoid cops at all costs. I don't feel they are all bad, but I'm not willing to risk it"

"my view is that cops, regardless of color, have killed black citizens unlawfully and gotten away with it"

"Cops seems to get away with a lot"

dwight in philly, on 24 Jun 2016 - 2:13 PM, said:

so it doesnt matter if it is a black cop .. you just feel ALL cops target black people?

"Let's be clear, it's almost always white cops"

"not as often as white cops"

"I can see why some people run from cops, if i were in some others shoes, i'm not sure I would trust them"

To me it sounds like you feel minorities are targeted by (usually white) cops. And minorities should be much more worried because cops have an agenda.

Got it.

Enjoy your F#%Kin weekend.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me crazy, but I don't have a problem with an officer walking through a private lot (until someone explains how this impacts my ability to have fun and enjoy the game day experience).

When they are watching you guzzle 12 wine coolers and targeting you for a DUI, you'll change your tune....

just stating the fact that our biggest terrorism concern currently is Radical Islamic individuals swearing their allegiance.

I work in a place that is more than 70% gang members so I know gang violence very well. That's not to say it isn't a bigger problem in this country. Because IMO it is. But the government (local and federal) has pretty much set that aside as they try or at least pretend to deal with actual terrorists.

Are you a competing drug dealer? Lol.... Sorry...

My view is a tad different.

My last cigarette was smoked 0n 10/15/15. Before that, I was addicted to tobacco for decades. I remember smoking was relegated to obscure areas of RWS. You couldn't even see the game on TV. Then, they banned it entirely. Some posters here loved it, and still do. I warned people back then that soon, something YOU like will be banned.

Some people want to, before a game, drink alcohol in a parking lot and maybe even smoke a joint. I don't smoke weed and it's been quite a while since I had a beer, but I can see how some people feel that there privacy is being invaded. Or, at least many feel hindered from doing that they choose to do.

When you think about it, it's hard to make a case for weed and booze in a parking lot, right? I suppose it was also hard to justify second hand smoke exposure, even in remote areas of an outdoor stadium. But, the government needs scapegoats and they want more revenue from taxes and fines.

If anyone hasn't noticed, your rights are slipping away, unless you belong to one of several protected interest groups.

Oh and btw, other than drivers, I don't care who smokes weed and drinks in parking lots at Bills games. I will still like you even if you dare smoke a cigarette. :) :) :)

PS: With Rex as the coach, I expect weed, alcohol and tobacco usage to rise.

I appreciated this post Bill.

Even if have a differing opinion, I may or may not , you have given a clear account of yourself and perspective. An Honest Man deserves a n thank you for being just that.

in regard to rights. i have some opinion. some strong.

But i have been influenced by those of Privilege, Rank or Position whom use those things to their over advantage others to varying degrees. Abuse even.

Folks need to keep those hard earned Rights intact. Americans have died for centuries protecting our democracy.

On a lighter note, I love me some peace keepers. As long as they keep it peaceful keeping.

We pay to have a raised level of protection from harm. These people should be our friends and us them.

Terrorism.

First thing i thought of was Dick Cheney and his claims to fame!

So answer this?

Some guy under thirty and over twenty five is very drunken.

Not abusive , but very tipsy.

What should men on Patrol do ?

Some kid 21 table crashing and yelling and screaming having a riot and his Buds are all cheering him.

Some folks grilling and seen smoking pot by some one and called in?

I think their are two basic answers here. One for the ideal reaction- action- non action. and the second for a realistic event-non event.

Edited by 3rdand12

seriously... What does the 5th amendment have to do with any of this?

It's not about your freedoms to do anything here as a fan going to games. It's security throughout the area during a mass congregation of people. One that terrorists and other criminals thrive on.

You want to have fun at the games and tailgates? What does a police officer standing 100ft away have anything to do with effecting that? Are you breaking laws? Well... Maybe you shouldn't be.

Honestly, I bet if Hammer had first hand knowledge of someone doing drugs or breaking other laws in his lot he would have no problem throwing them out. Maybe Hammmer can chime in here too. some people live in their perfect little world where no bad things happen ever. Unless you live in Queens, Brooklyn, Chicago, Watts, or Long Beach.

They all know too well, they watched Boyz N The Hood and Juice you know.

With regard to Hammer's, can you tell me how you're defining "breaking the law?"

What Beerball did to those burgers last year was !@#$ing criminal. You want to talk about Black?!?!?

At the last Bills game when Kenny was doing his K & M ceremony, the sheriff helicopter hovered over us until the crowd dispersed. In the past, fly overs never just hovering. At the town of Orchard Park town board meeting when the discussion was about the change in Commerical parking rules, concerning the police access, one councilman said access was needed to make sure there was enough restrooms on site! The chief of police said it was for security purposes. The Bills provide info to the town (what info ?) which was not made public. I also heard that the Bills are involved in the rule changes. To what degree, I don't know.

Out of curiosity, how much does the permit cost?

Ladt year flat fee $50.00 This year based on space 1-3 acres $100 3-6 $200 6 & more $300

The terrorism I see is the authorities wanting to have homeowners waive their rights...........big Government at its worst. I am sure the authorities are well intentioned, but, when the cops come marching through, they will do crazy things and throw their weight around.......headstrong cops.

That is a concern of mine.

Call me crazy, but I don't have a problem with an officer walking through a private lot (until someone explains how this impacts my ability to have fun and enjoy the game day experience).

Yep, unless you are doing something very wrong the cops are there to protect you on game day. I personally saw a bystander get punched, kicked & robbed in one of those private lots. It was a Thursday night game against Minn. Yes it was years ago.

I am going to send Kim and Terry a invite to stop over for some Stromboli this year. Come out and have a taste of the tailgate.

I wonder how many police officers will be with them when they come over to Hammers lot?

I am going to send Kim and Terry a invite to stop over for some Stromboli this year. Come out and have a taste of the tailgate.

I wonder how many police officers will be with them when they come over to Hammers lot?

They may offer you a vendor license and stall in The Ralph after that meeting!

And they don't strike me as the security type, maybe just one sniper on the bathroom tower, trained on the Lot just in case :)

They may offer you a vendor license and stall in The Ralph after that meeting!

And they don't strike me as the security type, maybe just one sniper on the bathroom tower, trained on the Lot just in case :)

Take out the alpha leader with a volley of ketchup and mustard perhaps ?

Those Concealed Condiment permits can save a life. If you're the McGyver type. Otherwise, they are quite helpful with burgers and dogs.

No one wants a cop around. Until you need one. Then you REALLY want a cop around. Hard to have it both ways. I get that some are jerks and bullies. That's because they're people, just like us. That sucks, but when you need one....

Edited by Augie

I earlier posted I don't see why using terrorism to deal with a PR problem is appropriate for people getting hammered. I personally don't care if people get drunk, etc. as long they don't hurt themselves or anyone else. As far as weed, which it seems like this thread has turned into it, that's your business. I am Ina career where there is no way I could ever nor do I want to partake.

All of this stuff about the police is surprising. Several of my family members are either in the police or corrections, and are decent people as are their friends. I only fly up for one game a year, but looks like just fun to me.

Down here in Tampa, people are drinking beer everywhere before the games walking right past the police. They don't do anything about it as it's almost an unwritten thing for the police just to make sure people don't get out of hand. The only losers are the teenagers either could get picked up, but usually the police just tell them to pour it out or they will go to jail and call their parents.

I certainly appreciate what police put up with and do not want that job. You deal with the worst of society or when people are at their worst with domestic issues, etc.