Restaurant Guide To Buffalo For Visitors

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This list is well done i think, and one we can point to when someone asks "in town for my first Bills game, Where should I go"

Good for natives to as we come back for games.

http://grossmisconducthockey.com/?p=1030

Nice work...very glad they found a way to sneak Paula's in there, because their donuts are a must for any area visitor.

This list is well done i think, and one we can point to when someone asks "in town for my first Bills game, Where should I go"

Good for natives to as we come back for games.

http://grossmisconducthockey.com/?p=1030

Ate at Amy's Place in North Buffalo when I went to college; I like falafels. Nice to know she (or her family, it has been over 35 years) is still in business.

While it mentions Blue Monk closed, it's re-opened under a new name (its address # which escapes me at the moment), and the beer list looks very similar. The food looked good too.

The Thin Man just opened, and it's getting rave reviews. It's where Faherty's (and Toro) used to be.

I'm glad they didn't mention (or know about?) my favorite taco spot, because it's getting too crowded....

While it mentions Blue Monk closed, it's re-opened under a new name (its address # which escapes me at the moment), and the beer list looks very similar. The food looked good too.

The Thin Man just opened, and it's getting rave reviews. It's where Faherty's (and Toro) used to be.

I'm glad they didn't mention (or know about?) my favorite taco spot, because it's getting too crowded....

this is just one local dude/hockey blogger putting together a list for folks visiting for the draft this weekend. Thought it a handy primer for all the requests we get on here on "where to go"...dont think it was meant to be to definitive.

Nice job with the wings and beer, but a little disappointing thereafter. Can't really have a good guide without an equally in-depth discussion of pizza joints, sub shops, and last but definitely not least, fish fry.

In all a nice list. My only argument might be about the Bar Bill wings being the sauciest. Not that they are under-sauced, but they not saucy compared to most other places. IIRC they brush the sauce on and don't shake them like other establishments.

In all a nice list. My only argument might be about the Bar Bill wings being the sauciest. Not that they are under-sauced, but they not saucy compared to most other places. IIRC they brush the sauce on and don't shake them like other establishments.

Exactly. Only real complaint I have is Chef's is awful. The boys in Attica eat better.

Exactly. Only real complaint I have is Chef's is awful. The boys in Attica eat better.

I love Paula's donuts and there's some very good stuff on the list, but Chef's is not. It was the biggest disappointment I had as far as recommendations I got after moving here. The sauce was so sweet I couldn't eat my meal.

I love Paula's donuts and there's some very good stuff on the list, but Chef's is not. It was the biggest disappointment I had as far as recommendations I got after moving here. The sauce was so sweet I couldn't eat my meal.

I like Chef's, but it's definitely overrated as far as Italian food goes. If you're looking for homestyle Italian, Romeo & Juliet's, Mulberry's, and Carmine's (which I'm told will re-open next year) are all pretty solid. For upscale Italian, you can't beat Lombardo or Trattoria Aroma, unless you're wanting pasta--Sinatra's has the best pasta in the area.

Then there are the places that deftly combine solid Italian food and incredible drinks--Cecilia's and Vera Pizzaeria. Cecilia's is the go-to for Martini lovers, whereas Vera is a must if your'e a craft cocktail guy.

• No Mighty. That's a taco. You guys from Buffalo think it's fast food, but when you've been gone for 25 years, I love the fact I can order on-line.
  • What about Beef on Weck? I don't know if Eckels is still open in Orchard Park, but they were awesome growing up. Personally I grew up working at the K of C in Lackawanna and they had the best BOW,
  • Pizza - Our favorite was Blasdell or Abbott Pizza as it tasted the same as both owners were best friends.
  • Lastly, how do you not include Hoaks as the Best Fish Fry on the planet.

Can you tell I grew up in the Southtowns as a kid. Other than the best people, and I mean that, I miss the food. I loved the Wegmans comment on the article. Best grocery store on the planet. My sis is a VP for them. She's worked there for 30 years since college.

this is just one local dude/hockey blogger putting together a list for folks visiting for the draft this weekend. Thought it a handy primer for all the requests we get on here on "where to go"...dont think it was meant to be to definitive.

right. My main point was to mention the new incarnation of the Monk since it didn't have that update.

Talk about burgers but not Sub shops? WTF?

Good thing everyone knows the good ones.

Request from BPA and the rest of you.

Do any of you know of any sub places around here that have:

1. Shredded Lettuce, and

2. Oil that tastes like something a little more than oil...like if they add malt vinegar to it?

Been years since I've had the "perfect" sub, assorted, stake or otherwise.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I like Chef's, but it's definitely overrated as far as Italian food goes. If you're looking for homestyle Italian, Romeo & Juliet's, Mulberry's, and Carmine's (which I'm told will re-open next year) are all pretty solid. For upscale Italian, you can't beat Lombardo or Trattoria Aroma, unless you're wanting pasta--Sinatra's has the best pasta in the area.

Then there are the places that deftly combine solid Italian food and incredible drinks--Cecilia's and Vera Pizzaeria. Cecilia's is the go-to for Martini lovers, whereas Vera is a must if your'e a craft cocktail guy.

Thanks for the recomendations. I do like Trattoria Aroma (fresh pasta!) a lot and R&J's is always good. Buffalo seems to like their red sauce very sweet and Chef's is the sweetest in town. Natives seem to love it, but transplants don't nearly as much. Just a regional thing I guess. You're not the first person to recommend Sinatra's. That's next on my list.

Nice guide for my trip up this season. So many things change. I always went for Bocce's pizza in the past, but after Casa di Pizza opened near Sarasota, FL I got hooked on that too. Next time I'll have to do both. I still haven't found anything that good in Atlanta.

I drive up every year from Delaware and usually stay on Transit Road in Williamsville. Me and my family always go to the Buffalo Brew Pub the night before the game. Really good food and great beer selection. Just overall good atmosphere. Love that place. :thumbsup: