Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really can't make that sarcasm much more evident. I even used a head-slap emoji.

Two Vancouver goals were scored literally fractions of second after their PPs had expired, essentially giving them 3 PP goals tonight. How many points has our atrocious PK unit cost us this year? I'd say at least 8 -- they certainly cost us 2 tonight.

That was Eichel's worst game as a pro, he was awful.

I really can't make that sarcasm much more evident. I even used a head-slap emoji.

Two Vancouver goals were scored literally fractions of second after their PPs had expired, essentially giving them 3 PP goals tonight. How many points has our atrocious PK unit cost us this year? I'd say at least 8 -- they certainly cost us 2 tonight.

That was Eichel's worst game as a pro, he was awful.

Neck tattoo was in the wrong zip code to stop the 4th goal. He blows.

Neck tattoo was in the wrong zip code to stop the 4th goal. He blows.

I am travelling and did not see either game this weekend. That being said, by all accounts Lehner was terrific on Saturday.

And wholly moly, just reading some of his(Lehner's) quotes from last night.

Sure sounds like disco has lost the room no? Sounded to me like Lehner was saying Jack has tuned out Dan...can Dan really stay in that scenario?

I am travelling and did not see either game this weekend. That being said, by all accounts Lehner was terrific on Saturday.

Sure sounds like disco has lost the room no? Sounded to me like Lehner was saying Jack has tuned out Dan...can Dan really stay in that scenario?

He should probably stop sucking before he starts throwing crap at others....whether he is right about them or not. On Vancouver's 4th goal he was way out of position and didn't even bother to move to his left. I think I saw him hit the snooze button to buy more time. I understand he was very good Saturday and he certainly has had more than one stellar game this year, but he has too many bad goals/games to call him a top goalie. He certainly has too many to start calling out teammates.

It's nice that he gives a crap about winning....that's a start.

Lehner was outstanding on Saturday in Toronto and I wouldn't fault him for any of the goals the Canucks scored on Sunday. To your point on Lehner's postgame comments last night, there's definitely something amiss between Bylsma and the players.

@BuffaloSabres

Lehner was outstanding on Saturday in Toronto and I wouldn't fault him for any of the goals the Canucks scored on Sunday. To your point on Lehner's postgame comments last night, there's definitely something amiss between Bylsma and the players.

@BuffaloSabres

Come on. That 4th goal was a pathetic "attempt" by Lehner.

I watched both games.

Lehner's comment were stinging but they were true. Jack played horribly. And Kane's play was way outside of the team concept. What Lehner was apparently referring to was that there was too much free lancing and wheeling around outside of the structured system. Big Robin was most irritated at the fact that the staff went over the game plan and the adjustments required in detail, and still players such as Jack and Evander went outside the bounds and did their own thing,

There were two two many men on the ice penalties in this game and one in the Toronto game. That is a demonstration of self-centered play and an undisciplined mental engagement (or lack of engagement) with the team concept.

What really upset Lehner more than anything else is that the coaches discussed some issues regarding the importance of staying within the system and shortly thereafter some players went on doing their own thing. That's what irritated him more than anything. The dismissive attitude of some players for what the coaches instructed.

@BuffaloSabres

Postgame reactions Lehner http://bufsabres.co/lehner0212

Bylsma http://bufsabres.co/bylsma0212

If something is amiss with coach, they better realize it before he taints young players.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. S8xOaArs_200x200.jpg

SABRES (23-23-10) at SENATORS (29-18-6)

TUE FEB 14, 2017 @ 7:30 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 274)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 56 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 20 games
William Carrier (knee, Feb.4; injured reserve) – 6 games
Zach Bogosian (ribs, Feb. 4; injured reserve) – 6 games
Zemgus Girgensons (middle body, Feb. 9) – 3 games
Cody Franson (foot, Feb. 11) – 2 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
2/9: Recalled F Derek Grant and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL); Placed F William Carrier and D Zach Bogosian on IR
2/10: Assigned F Evan Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
2/11: Recalled F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Thursday, Feb. 16: Colorado at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 18: St. Louis at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 19: Chicago at Buffalo, 6 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 25: Buffalo at Colorado, 10 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 26: Buffalo at Arizona, 8:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at SENATORS
This is the fifth and final meeting between the Sabres and Senators this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Ottawa 4-0 in Buffalo on Feb. 4
The Sabres are 5-3-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 3-6-1 on the road
This is the 133rd game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 64-49-19 series record.
The Sabres are 29-27-11 on the road against the Senators all-time.

Morning Skate: February 14, 2017 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Canadian Tire Centre

@BuffaloSabres

Injury updates + other tidbits from Coach Bylsma following today's practice: http://bufsabres.co/raHe6O

C4kbK6FWMAQPtuG.jpg

Gionta & Gorges share their reactions to last night; Lehner clarifies comments: http://bufsabres.co/lUdyTn

C4k-fJZWMAAIKfe.jpg

@Senators

Talkin' Practice: Post-skate talk about memes, the #PlayoffRace and more with Smith, Stone, Methot and Ryan. READ: http://ottsens.com/2lIY0fA

C4kp2DvXUAAPMbu.jpg