Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Kane is a superstar. The thought of trading him away from a team that needs superstars is mind boggling.

There is no denying his talent....it's about keeping his nose clean....which he had done but there is always a question of whether something will happen again...that's the gamble

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kane is a superstar. The thought of trading him away from a team that needs superstars is mind boggling.

Selling high!!!!

Like i said , i really Kane and and this is not a "i hate this guy, trade him" ..it is a how does my team look for the next 3 years...

I do think there is a lot that goes into this

Can thy re-sign him to a number that fits with all the other big conracts they have...in an era where appears cap not going up much?

He plays a position where the Sabres have depth

Could be said the other forwards don't score as much because the D cannot clear and feed as needed

A big part of lack of scoring comes from the putrid point total off the D...need more scoring from the back end

His style of play leads to injuries

Again, I only trade Kane for equal value coming back...a surefire top 4 D that is under Sabre control for at least 4 years

Edited by plenzmd1

Let's work together to kidnap Plenzmd1, the leading voice of the chorus to trade him. I'll make the arrangements to dispose of the body. I have relatives who are in the garbage disposal business. I'm confident you know what I mean! :bag:

One of the key and irreplaceable players on this team is Risto. Paul Hamilton said after the game that the Leafs made a concerted effort to get him off the ice by instigating behavior to get him to respond and take him off the ice. It was very evident in this game that he was being targeted. Actually good strategy.

Wouldn't it be great if and when both teams get real good that a true bitter rivalry materialized?

Selling high!!!!

Like i said , i really Kane and and this is not a "i hate this guy, trade him" ..it is a how does my team look for the next 3 years...

Can thy re-sign him to a number that fits with all the other big conracts they have...in an era where appears cap not going up much?

Could be said the other forwards don't score as much because the D cannot clear and feed as needed

A big part of lack of scoring comes from the putrid point total off the D...need more scoring from the back end

Again, I only trade Kane for equal value coming back...a surefire top 4 D that is under Sabre control for at least 4 years

Why create a hole on the wing when the only other legit NHL scoring threat is Okposo? Makes no sense to me and I do not believe Murray makes this move since Kane is giving the team exactly what he envisioned.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Selling high!!!!

A sure fire top 4 D is not going to be a cheap player. If a team has that caliber of player under contract for four years why would they pick up a high scoring talent who is under contract for only another year? Then the team will have to deal with a player who is going to be a high cost player for them or have to dispatch him because of the expected cost.

My position is you already have a player who is one to the top five on five goal scorers in the league. Even if we get a top four defenseman that is not going to come close to replacing a commodity that is considered more precious, an accomplished goal scorer.

There are goal scorers who are basically just snipers. Vanek comes to mind who fits that description. Kane is a well rounded player who does everything. He scores goals, he plays on the power play, he kills penalties, he checks, he is a gritty player. He is a multi-faceted player whose value goes beyond his stats.

This offseason the team will be shedding some contracts and be in a favorable position to add another one or two solid to good defensemen to the roster. Guhle will also be added to the unit. My position is our defense situation is not as dire as many are making it out to be.

The Pyatt for Kulikov trade was a bad deal. An efficient and dependable player was traded for a more physical but erratic player who has a tendency to neatly put the puck on the opponent's stick in their end. I'm not sure if Kulikov is going to be back next season or if I even want him.

Selling high!!!!

s

3 more years before we're any good? Again? This rebuild is taking longer than the Parthenon. Eichel will be watching the next Sabres playoff game from a nursing home unless Murray gets fired.

2-9: GMTM ON WGR (22:46)

#Sabres GM Tim Murray is coming up next! Always a must listen when he joins the show.

GMTM- "To me it's never over until it's over."

GMTM- "I'm always looking for the perfect game, and I'll probably be looking for the perfect game until the day I die. It's how I'm wired."

GMTM on Kane- "I think he's had a hell of a season. He had the horrific car crash into the boards and bounced back very quickly."

GMTM- "When Evander steps on the ice I'm very happy with him. He plays the game hard, he's gonna compete every night, every shift."

GMTM- "The off ice stuff, we've worked through that. We continue to work with him and it'll never be forgotten. You learn from mistakes."

GMTM- "I'm not pursuing a trade with Kane. I haven't made a call with regards to him to other teams."

GMTM- "He's an emotional young guy that has a great desire to win. We like when our fans are emotional. We respect the right of fans to boo"

GMTM- "The fans were pissed. I think Jack was pissed and let's face it in life we like proving people wrong."

GMTM- "He's got a voice. I hope someday he's got a huge voice here and if 1 time out of 10 he pisses people off. I can live with it."

GMTM- "Media not liking it doesn't bother me one bit. If we see that we lost fans down the road b/c of video review we'll take a look at it"

Also from GMTM on Kane: "He's the type of guy we need to be competitive every night and to be a playoff team."

3 more years before we're any good? Again? This rebuild is taking longer than the Parthenon. Eichel will be watching the next Sabres playoff game from a nursing home unless Murray gets fired.

The Sabres were a fringe playoff team entering the season. The expectation was that they would be competing for a wildcard spot. That is exactly where they are at. If you expected the team to be beyond that range this year then it is you who are expecting too much.

No one is disputing that this is not a complete roster. Murray knows that. The problem I have with your jaundiced viewpoint is that it lacks perspective. Go back two years and compare it to where the team is now. Maybe not for you but this is not just incremental progress, it is a major leap forward with still more to do.

It is a tired cliche to say "trust the process". My recommendation to you is to be a tad more patient and "trust the process".

The Pyatt for Kulikov trade was a bad deal. An efficient and dependable player was traded for a more physical but erratic player who has a tendency to neatly put the puck on the opponent's stick in their end. I'm not sure if Kulikov is going to be back next season or if I even want him.

I dunno. Pyatt for Kulikov would have been awesome trade

The Sabres were a fringe playoff team entering the season. The expectation was that they would be competing for a wildcard spot. That is exactly where they are at. If you expected the team to be beyond that range this year then it is you who are expecting too much.

No one is disputing that this is not a complete roster. Murray knows that. The problem I have with your jaundiced viewpoint is that it lacks perspective. Go back two years and compare it to where the team is now. Maybe not for you but this is not just incremental progress, it is a major leap forward with still more to do.

It is a tired cliche to say "trust the process". My recommendation to you is to be a tad more patient and "trust the process".

This year is this year...disappointing but not totally surprising I suppose. When someone like Plez says we might as well ditch Kane because we need at least 3 more years......that is what i find disturbing. Murray must go.

A sure fire top 4 D is not going to be a cheap player. If a team has that caliber of player under contract for four years why would they pick up a high scoring talent who is under contract for only another year? Then the team will have to deal with a player who is going to be a high cost player for them or have to dispatch him because of the expected cost.

My position is you already have a player who is one to the top five on five goal scorers in the league. Even if we get a top four defenseman that is not going to come close to replacing a commodity that is considered more precious, an accomplished goal scorer.

There are goal scorers who are basically just snipers. Vanek comes to mind who fits that description. Kane is a well rounded player who does everything. He scores goals, he plays on the power play, he kills penalties, he checks, he is a gritty player. He is a multi-faceted player whose value goes beyond his stats.

This offseason the team will be shedding some contracts and be in a favorable position to add another one or two solid to good defensemen to the roster. Guhle will also be added to the unit. My position is our defense situation is not as dire as many are making it out to be.

Mark Pysyk how soon we've forgotten you. LOL.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

@BuffaloSabres

Sabres' power play elevates to #1 in the @NHL -- and team sees an opportunity going into tonight: http://bufsabres.co/utQX0i

C4fVLdWUoAA262z.jpg

Projected Lineup

56 Justin Bailey - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
9 Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
82 Marcus Foligno - 71 Evan Rodrigues - 12 Brian Gionta
26 Matt Moulson - 27 Derek Grant - 63 Tyler Ennis

29 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
4 Josh Gorges - 77 Dmitry Kulikov
41 Justin Falk - 38 Taylor Fedun

40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsson

This year is this year...disappointing but not totally surprising I suppose. When someone like Plez says we might as well ditch Kane because we need at least 3 more years......that is what i find disturbing. Murray must go.

Don't let Plez disturb you. At times he can be a provocateur. Other than that he is a swell fellow. I don't always agree with him but without much doubt he knows his hockey----much better than I do.

Murray is a dealer. Any aggressive GM is not going to have all his deals work out. When assessing a high volume actor like he is you have to look at the totality of his work. In general, he has done a good job. The Bills are stuck in the mud. On the other hand the Sabres are on an upward trajectory. Although not completely satisfied I am in general satisfied. Trust the process.

Don't let Plez disturb you. At times he can be a provocateur. Other than that he is a swell fellow. I don't always agree with him but without much doubt he knows his hockey----much better than I do.

Murray is a dealer. Any aggressive GM is not going to have all his deals work out. When assessing a high volume actor like he is you have to look at the totality of his work. In general, he has done a good job. The Bills are stuck in the mud. On the other hand the Sabres are on an upward trajectory. Although not completely satisfied I am in general satisfied. Trust the process.

To each his own i guess. To me, aside from drafting Eichel, and on-ice Kane playing well but leaving everyone on eggshells off the ice, nothing has worked out for Murray. Neck tattoo can play very well in an individual game, there is no question, but then he can also blow up and allow in a lot of bunnies. An upward trajectory is a curious term for a team well in the running to be top seed in the lottery again.

Canucks Projected Lineup

Daniel Sedin -- Henrik Sedin -- Markus Granlund

Alexandre Burrows -- Bo Horvat -- Jannik Hansen

Jayson Megna -- Brandon Sutter -- Loui Eriksson

Jack Skille -- Michael Chaput -- Reid Boucher

Alexander Edler -- Troy Stecher

Luca Sbisa -- Christopher Tanev

Alex Biega -- Nikita Tryamkin

Jacob Markstrom

Ryan Miller

Scratched: Philip Larsen, Ben Hutton

Injured: Derek Dorsett (neck), Erik Gudbranson (wrist), Anton Rodin (knee), Sven Baertschi (concussion)

Sabres Projected Lineup

Justin Bailey -- Ryan O'Reilly -- Kyle Okposo

Evander Kane -- Jack Eichel -- Sam Reinhart

Marcus Foligno -- Evan Rodrigues -- Brian Gionta

Matt Moulson -- Derek Grant -- Tyler Ennis

Jake McCabe -- Rasmus Ristolainen

Josh Gorges -- Dmitry Kulikov

Justin Falk -- Taylor Fedun

Robin Lehner

Anders Nilsson

Scratched: Nicolas Deslauriers

Injured: Cody Franson (foot), Zemgus Girgensons (mid body), Zach Bogosian (ribs), William Carrier (knee), Johan Larsson (wrist)