Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I don't expect much of Kasdorf, but this statement is ridiculous. He's been a pro for 30 seconds. Give him his full season in the A before you say anything about his career.

I'd agree if Murray's goaltending selection history did not include Lehner. Miller was good in college and stunk for a while before excelling in the NHL. Kasdorf isn't that level of prospect but could improve.

Even if Kane exits, we still gave up garbage players plus douche bag kid of douche bag dad Lemieux. Big deal.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't expect much of Kasdorf, but this statement is ridiculous. He's been a pro for 30 seconds. Give him his full season in the A before you say anything about his career.

Actually he got a start and got lit up for four goals. He didn't look like he even had the reaction time needed to play in the NHL. But it was just one game. He might get better.

You keep saying that as if it were true? The Sabres gave up a bunch for him.

A bunch of nothing. Myers is the only one who had any chance of being a cog when the team began contending but he had obviously regressed so a change of scenery was most likely in the cards. The team was filled with passengers so Murray dumped a few of them for a chance at 2 very highly drafted players while increasing the odds of getting McEichel.

Actually he got a start and got lit up for four goals. He didn't look like he even had the reaction time needed to play in the NHL. But it was just one game. He might get better.

That's pretty much exactly my point. How on earth can any conclusion be drawn from that? The kid was making a very late season transition from ECAC hockey to the NHL and was also coming off an injury. We may as well judge this forum as a whole after reading a single post from 4mer.

That's pretty much exactly my point. How on earth can any conclusion be drawn from that? The kid was making a very late season transition from ECAC hockey to the NHL and was also coming off an injury. We may as well judge this forum as a whole after reading a single post from 4mer.

It was his apparent lack of reaction time that stood out to me. Maybe your theory is accurate but it looked like what I would look like trying to make those stops.

The team was filled with passengers so Murray dumped a few of them for a chance at 2 very highly drafted players while increasing the odds of getting McEichel.

I 100000% agree with this as a MAJOR motivation for the trade. Myers and Stafford were just average enough to ruin our tanking.

If you are glad we have eichel, be glad we have Kane.

This trade made the difference between strome/hannifen or mceichel.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

I'm an avid Sabres fan. Even for someone who is a staunch partisan it is obvious to me that Kane is an unsavory character. Regardless what the circumstances were at the bar his getting physical with a woman is very disturbing. I'm surprised an assault charge wasn't included in the charges he is facing.

I'm not at all defending violence against a woman but I like to remind people that one of the victims in this case was all over Twitter the day after bragging to her friends about pressing charges and calling Kane a n***er. She's white. So lord only knows what a character like that would find it appropriate to say to someone when the alcohol was flowing. I have a strange feeling that's guilt by all parties involved.

I'm not at all defending violence against a woman but I like to remind people that one of the victims in this case was all over Twitter the day after bragging to her friends about pressing charges and calling Kane a n***er. She's white. So lord only knows what a character like that would find it appropriate to say to someone when the alcohol was flowing. I have a strange feeling that's guilt by all parties involved.

i have not heard any of that...you got any links or anything else to substantiate it?

He's still a serial d-bag.

I have no doubt that there were any angels involved in the fracas. Things spiraled out of control to the point that the bouncers threw him out, which indicates that he was a contributor to raucous. Was the female acting crudely and out of control? Probably so. It doesn't freaking matter!Kane has no right to put his hands on her. Period! Walk away or let one of his buddies or staff intervene on his behalf.

Whenever there is a 3 A.M. bar incident involving a high profiled pro athlete and combative slugs it is not surprising that the media coverage is going to spotlight the pro athlete. Instead of doing the mature thing by walking away from the conflict he engaged in it. Now he is embroiled in a legal situation. The critical issue pertaining to him has little to do with the specifics of the case so much as it has to do with his maturity level in general. He needs to grow up.

I'm certainly not categorizing him as a irredeemable criminal. That would be grossly unfair. What is obvious to me is because of his repeated acts of immaturity the organization and bosses he works for are getting tired of him and his irresponsible behavior.

Edited by JohnC