Today I learned.....

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember how jet airplanes used to have wings that were flat all the way to the end?? Then they changed the design so the wings are curved with a 90 degree end??

Would one of you airplane nerds explain why they made the design change? After you explain this to me, then I can tell you what I learned today.

Remember how jet airplanes used to have wings that were flat all the way to the end?? Then they changed the design so the wings are curved with a 90 degree end??

Would one of you airplane nerds explain why they made the design change? After you explain this to me, then I can tell you what I learned today.

They work better.

Conserves fuel.

Today I learned that Beerball has a knack for explaining advanced theories of aerodynamics in a succinct manner.

Actually saw just a couple days ago that Dick Rutan(sp?) adopted the design for his round the globe flight. It "took off" from there.