Marquise Goodwin Listed on SI's 50 Fittest List

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A pulled hammy is definitely preventable. This comes down to flexibility, hydration, oxygen levels, muscle condition, proper diet, proper stretching, etc....

Your more fit people will avoid most major muscle pulls

Doesn't he have Sickle cell ?

sez the only man with a TJ Graham tattoo on his backside.

Still defending Graham... I worry sometimes.

wait, never mind

I am still defending Goodwin.

Edited by 3rdand12

Not many players could withstand a 320lb DT falling on you full speed knee 1st to the ribs.

One of the dumbest plays you'll ever see a receiver make.

Never run back toward the DL when crossing the field shallow like that.

Get upfield or get down. He'd already given ground once on the play.

You mentioned Eric Wood........Wood learned how to reduce the chances of hurting his legs.........primarily by not trying to outmuscle bigger and stronger DT's.

He no longer anchors and plays with very little knee bend after the snap.

That makes him a liability in straight ahead blocking.

He was downright awful in the two years under Marrone......he just isn't that kind of player physically any longer.

But Roman rarely runs plays thru the center/guard gaps and usually allows Wood to get angles on defenders rather than play square up where he is weak.

Goodwin has a lot of catching up to do as a WR........he has great talent but he was a gimmick player at Texas and hasn't seen the field enough in the NFL to hone his craft.

That is how they got the ball to Glass at Texas.

It amazes me how down you folks are on this guy. It borders on ridicule/hatred and it also seems to be coming from some of the most avowed "optimists". Granted, Goodwin has not been healthy very often, but when he has gotten on the field, he has looked very good, IMO. As BADOL says, he needs to hone his craft, but he's extremely difficult to cover and if we can get him on the field with Sammy, it will poses serious problems for opposing defenses. I would much rather have a guy like Goidwin, even with his health issues, than someone who is durable, but lacks his speed and ability to get open.

It amazes me how down you folks are on this guy. It borders on ridicule/hatred and it also seems to be coming from some of the most avowed "optimists". Granted, Goodwin has not been healthy very often, but when he has gotten on the field, he has looked very good, IMO. As BADOL says, he needs to hone his craft, but he's extremely difficult to cover and if we can get him on the field with Sammy, it will poses serious problems for opposing defenses. I would much rather have a guy like Goidwin, even with his health issues, than someone who is durable, but lacks his speed and ability to get open.

Would you rather play with 1 WR than 2?

Edited by FireChan

it amazes most of us logical people here that others can actually still expect anything hint out of this lame excuse for a football player.

He deserves the scorn for using the team to finance his olympic career and not committing entirely to the game of football......he f*cked the Bills.....no question....but holding on to him during his walk year was the right call.

Once his hop dreams are over this summer he will have to decide whether to be a millionaire football player or an assistant track coach for about half of minimum wage at some HS.

By having no control of his earnings he has actually had all the leverage up until now.......if the Bills cut him he would have continued to get other chances somewhere else because he was young, CHEAP and talented.

For the first time he has the chance to dictate his value to the market by playing well in 2015.......so if he wants to keep playing football there will be renewed incentive and urgency.

I heard a former Bill last year talking about how Goodwin wasn't willing to play thru any minor injuries because if he didn't let them heal he wouldn't be olympic capable.........whereas NFL player regularly play thru and accumulate injuries because it's part of the job.

Good example of the damage that those injuries actually do was the NFL veteran combine they had last year........the workout numbers on those guys were hilariously bad.

That's what happens after a few years of getting banged around at the NFL level........but the best overcome the decline of certain traits thru wisdom and determination.

As a few have said Goodwin is a threat when healthy, he can get off the line and go which most speedsters struggle with. Goodwin can win at the line. I wonder if they can be creative enough to keep him outside the numbers and preserve his health. Even if you limit his routes he is by far the best option to draw safety help away from 14.(Unless Listenbee makes a huge leap). Use Woods and a Boykin, Salas, Little to utilize the middle of the field. They are all interchangeable and an injury to one of them has less overall impact. W/O Harvin on the roster Goodwin is the game breaker, outside of that we have a late round draft pick who is going to need time.

As a few have said Goodwin is a threat when healthy, he can get off the line and go which most speedsters struggle with. Goodwin can win at the line. I wonder if they can be creative enough to keep him outside the numbers and preserve his health. Even if you limit his routes he is by far the best option to draw safety help away from 14.(Unless Listenbee makes a huge leap). Use Woods and a Boykin, Salas, Little to utilize the middle of the field. They are all interchangeable and an injury to one of them has less overall impact. W/O Harvin on the roster Goodwin is the game breaker, outside of that we have a late round draft pick who is going to need time.

Marrone and his little Buddy Nate liked to run him across the hashes. To toughen him up probably.

and then they also made him a healthy scratch.

doubt it, he will be more focused than ever on the Olympics as this will probably be his last shot and he has done nothing so far as a football player.

done. Nothing as an Olympic long jumper, too

The idea that Marquise Goodwin has never done anything in the long jump is just wrong. He had one of only two automatic qualifying jumps in 2012, at 8.11. If he could have pulled that off in the finals, it would have been 4th, one centimeter behind the bronze at 8.12. If he could have hit his 8.33 from the US Trials, he'd have won gold. Marquise Goodwin is one of the best long jumpers in the world. Track and field is all about training and peaking at the exact correct time. The smallest thing can make a difference. I hope he can get everything right and bring home a medal.

Edited by Freddie's Dead