Sanjay Lal on the WR Corps

James Hardy - 2nd round

Charles Rodgers - 2nd overall pick

Peter Warrick - 4th overall pick

Troy Williamson - 7th overall pick

David Terrell- 8th overall pick

Reggie Williams - 9th overall pick

All those guys were terrible NFL wideouts. Plenty more to list.

While true, while a guy's draft position is no indicator of his success (shall we post all the high picks who did turn out, though?), that's not really a rebuttal to his point which was to upend BillsVet's (predictably) bogus claim that they were all UDFAs or street agents.

But I guess we're just referring to all FA's as "street agents" now so we can prove how dysfunctional our personnel department is...

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While true, while a guy's draft position is no indicator of his success (shall we post all the high picks who did turn out, though?), that's not really a rebuttal to his point which was to upend BillsVet's (predictably) bogus claim that they were all UDFAs or street agents.

But I guess we're just referring to all FA's as "street agents" now so we can prove how dysfunctional our personnel department is...

No you guys can continue your back and forth, draft position/UDFA does not mean much once your recycling players. We don't have a sure fire 3 WR but the strategy looks pretty clear...they are going to cycle through a bunch of guys in hopes one steps forward. If no one does I'd expect them to bring in a veteran on a short term deal to fill the void.

No you guys can continue your back and forth, draft position/UDFA does not mean much once your recycling players. We don't have a sure fire 3 WR but the strategy looks pretty clear...they are going to cycle through a bunch of guys in hopes one steps forward. If no one does I'd expect them to bring in a veteran on a short term deal to fill the void.

Agreed.

The 11 receivers beyond Watkins and Woods are a who's who of undrafted and street free agents. Little, Hankerson, Boykin, and Salas have all played or been a roster member for at least 4 teams, so expecting them to magically transform into a competent third option is wishful thinking. The remaining 7 receivers have done almost nothing in the NFL.

Buffalo needs to work Clay into the passing game because after Woods there's very little.

Only 1 of the 11 receivers behind Watkins and Woods needs to emerge as a competent third option. I actually think, with this group, that the odds are pretty good.

But only time will tell.

Only 1 of the 11 receivers behind Watkins and Woods needs to emerge as a competent third option. I actually think, with this group, that the odds are pretty good.

But only time will tell.

Exactly. They won't have much in the way of pressure on them, with Watkins, Clay, McCoy and Tyrod all being threats to the defense. I don't expect any of the 11 will be in the probowl, but I'm sure at least 1 or 2 will be able to make some plays happen from time to time, and catch the ball when they're open.

Edited by Dorkington

No, guys who are signed as free agents who were released by their previous team (rather than whose contract expired) have been referred to as street free agents for a while. It is 100% correct to categorize Hankerson, Little, and Salas as street FAs.

Wait wasn't Hogan a street free agent?

He was when we got him, then he wasn't. He was also a UDFA. a man of many FA hats

I always thought 'street FAs' were players without a team for a long period of time, hah

I'd say the cut-off for when an unsigned FA becomes a street FA is the start of camp, provided there are no franchise tags, etc. If you are cut mid year you are automatically a street FA. not that it matters to anything but semantics, but that's what we do here.

James Hardy - 2nd round

Charles Rodgers - 2nd overall pick

Peter Warrick - 4th overall pick

Troy Williamson - 7th overall pick

David Terrell- 8th overall pick

Reggie Williams - 9th overall pick

All those guys were terrible NFL wideouts. Plenty more to list.

I am responding to vets comment that they were not drafted

There are not good enough NFL players at every position.....

You need alot of bodies catching passes for 4 qbs during training camp. Wouldnt surprise me if they picked up a couple more. My hope is that the drafted players will start to pick it up after spending time in the system.

Goodwin has shown flashes but is injured alot, Lewis should be ahead of the curve this year and Listenbee is a project besides the deep ball but the kid can track and catch the ball.

The rest are talented guys who may or may not stick but all of them have shown something at some point or they wouldn't be on an NFL roster. If one or three work out, great.

FWIW I don't think Marcus Easley will be able to play, that injury looked pretty bad. So that opens up a spot but it could go to a DB or LB for special teams.

Lal: Easley ahead of schedule

There’s no specific timetable for Marcus Easley to return from offseason surgery that he had back in January, but the signs at this point are encouraging.

That according to Bills receivers coach Sanjay Lal, who appeared on the John Murphy Show. Lal knew it was going to be a long rehabilitation for Easley, but is confident he’ll come through the extensive rehab successfully.

i'm a little out of it right now, fairly sick - flu i think.

why were we so happy with lal? what was the big plus with him? i know he's good for us and i can't remmeber what is the selling potni?

There's plenty of players in the league that have been average/good on one team, and largely forgettable on another. It won't be unprecedented if one of these nobodies play above expectations for us, and fills in for the spot Hogan/Harvin left, as far as production is concerned.

Agreed. And, with the way the roster and offended sets up, we can take chances on that position.