The NFL Selects Sites for Super Bowls in 2019, 2020, & 2021

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excited about Minnesota, Atlanta, and LA. Miami and Houston suck though. Anyone wish they could just keep the Super Bowl in the same city every year: New Orleans. Funny that Dallas hasn't gotten a Super Bowl since their ice storm a few years back

Well, I was hoping for 2019 back in New Orleans but I knew that it was a longshot. New Orleans didn't exactly kiss the NFL ring last time and I guess that it rubbed them the wrong way. They have all of these outrageous demands on hotel rates, cab rates, etc.. and supposedly not everyone was on board with adhering to them. That's how they lost 2018 to Minnesota. I don't know the story too well (at all) but that definitely plays a role.

I'm hoping for another one soon. It was a blast last time. Without sounding like a homer there isn't a city in the country better equipped to handle a major sporting event than New Orleans. Everything is within walking distance.

@NFLMedia

Super Bowl LIII -- Atlanta Super Bowl LIV -- South Florida Super Bowl LV -- Los Angeles Complete coverage/reaction/analysis on @nflnetwork

@AdamSchefter

Super Bowl LI (2017) - Hou Super Bowl LII (2018) - Minn Super Bowl LIII (2019) - Atl Super Bowl LIV (2020) - SoFla Super Bowl LV (2021) - LA

Tampa is in South Florida - I wonder why it was worded like this but guessing it means Miami will get there act together otherwise it might go to Tampa.

Excited about Minnesota, Atlanta, and LA. Miami and Houston suck though. Anyone wish they could just keep the Super Bowl in the same city every year: New Orleans. Funny that Dallas hasn't gotten a Super Bowl since their ice storm a few years back

Dallas also had that issue of selling seats which did not exist which gave NFL a black eye.

Well, I was hoping for 2019 back in New Orleans but I knew that it was a longshot. New Orleans didn't exactly kiss the NFL ring last time and I guess that it rubbed them the wrong way. They have all of these outrageous demands on hotel rates, cab rates, etc.. and supposedly not everyone was on board with adhering to them. That's how they lost 2018 to Minnesota. I don't know the story too well (at all) but that definitely plays a role.

I'm hoping for another one soon. It was a blast last time. Without sounding like a homer there isn't a city in the country better equipped to handle a major sporting event than New Orleans. Everything is within walking distance.

yeah, and the lights went out during the game.

Tampa is in South Florida - I wonder why it was worded like this but guessing it means Miami will get there act together otherwise it might go to Tampa.

Dallas also had that issue of selling seats which did not exist which gave NFL a black eye.

For the same reason that Super Bowl 50 was listed as being in the Bay Area.

Atlanta also had an Ice Storm for the Super Bowl and has gone without since. The Ga Dome does stink though,I am hoping the Benz is as cool as it looks.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Atlanta also had an Ice Storm for the Super Bowl and has gone without since. The Ga Dome does stink though,I am hoping the Benz is as cool as it looks.

It really does seem like one extreme to the other with those two domes.

yeah, and the lights went out during the game.

Even still they were a heavy favorite for the game that's going to Minnesota. They refused the demands because none of the businesses make money and they didn't all oblige last time. They all made a lot more money and weren't about to agree to the ridiculous NFL requirements.

Excited for Minnesota and Atlanta over Miami?? Yuck.

For the same reason that Super Bowl 50 was listed as being in the Bay Area.

But SB 50 L really was in the Bay Area. Just not the fun, exciting part of the Bay Area!

Edited by KD in CT

It really does seem like one extreme to the other with those two domes.

Really?

I've never been to Atlanta, so what is it about these domes that make them so much different?

If they do this I might prefer Anchorage Alaska. If the Bills ever make it back they will most likely have a distinct advantage in the cold weather.

Excited for Minnesota and Atlanta over Miami?? Yuck.

But SB 50 L really was in the Bay Area. Just not the fun, exciting part of the Bay Area!

What? The home of Apple, Yahoo!, Google, Intel, Facebook, and Hewlett-Packard is not exciting?

I suppose the fun and exciting part you are referring to, is the area where all the homeless camps are?

To me, South Florida is West Palm down to the Keys. I have no idea why the U of South Florida is in Tampa. Do people really consider that South Florida?

KooL-Aid, Tampa is not South Florida. I've lived in Tampa for 25 years. If you live in FL, South Fl means Miami to Ft Lauderdale. Tampa and Orlando are in the center of the state hence why it is referenced as Central FL.

They meant Miami. Not picking on you, just it's the vernacular used down here.

If USF is confusing, USF's main campus is in Tampa, but also has campuses in Lakeland, St. Petersburg, and so on. The only guess I can make on my alma mater ( my Masters is from USF ), is UCF is in Orlando, and they already have a UNF, UWF, and so on.