Peter King article on Bledsoe

Coach Tuesday

Very interesting.......

Lindell missed the 28yd FG kicking the ball East.... toward the Scoreboard.  The wind had died down that day tho.

247020[/snapback]

Unless the wind is coming from a storm with a first name, there is no justification for missing a 28 yarder at the pro level. :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That was an awesome read.  Glad to see they had the cajones to do the right thing and let Bledsoe go.  So often the bills just stand pat.

247052[/snapback]

Don't you mean stand pat... pat... pat... pat... sack?

:D

This story smacks of someone being highly disgruntled, maybe the person Drew called out was a member of the Coaching Staff. I think that if this story has truth to it, it may hurt Drew in his search for a starting gig. The NFL is a pretty tight knit fraternity and again, IF this has wings, we could see the "tip of his cap" and his retreat to the Great Northwest as he fades away into retirement! Another take here is that three years ago, only the Bengals and Bills had any interest in acquiring his services, so what has his body of work in Buffalo done to convince anyone (Dallas Braintrust included!) That his "ACT" will be good enough to turn the reigns over to him? After watching him as a Bills fan, would you?

Let the revisionist history begin.  How in the world does King get a story like that??  TD's fingerprints are all over this. 

Peter King is just a big nob who get's played by his sources to paint whatever picture they want the public to see. 

247024[/snapback]

Your accusations of Donahoe don't make sense to me because there's basically no room for obfuscation of truth in this story... bottomline, did Drew disobey the coaches on the coin flip, yes or no? Did Pitt get the ball AND the wind, yes or no? Pretty cut and dry issues, don't you think?

If Drew's insubordination on the coinflip were a Donahoe lie, as you suggest, it would have to be a lie that's endorsed by the coaching staff as well since they are obviously major players in the incident described. Somehow I just don't believe our entire team's management is out to slander Drew.

I'm taking things at face value in this case. Drew is a cocky POS who has committed insubordination and worn out his welcome with two coaching staffs and two cities. And he's a sh------- player, to boot.

As far as I'm concerned, he is an ex-Patriot, not an ex-Bill.

Never again do I want to see any game footage that shows him in a Bills uniform.

246940[/snapback]

Funny, that is how I always saw him. Someone else's franchise player. Or mistake. He just never seemed to represent the Bills to me. It would have been like having Marino come in after the fins cut him. Losman is already more a Bill to me, and he has never even started a game.

No offense ment to Marino in my comparison, BTW.

Your accusations of Donahoe don't make sense to me because there's basically no room for obfuscation of truth in this story... bottomline, did Drew disobey the coaches on the coin flip, yes or no?  Did Pitt get the ball AND the wind, yes or no?  Pretty cut and dry issues, don't you think?

If Drew's insubordination on the coinflip were a Donahoe lie, as you suggest, it would have to be a lie that's endorsed by the coaching staff as well since they are obviously major players in the incident described.  Somehow I just don't believe our entire team's management is out to slander Drew.

I'm taking things at face value in this case.  Drew is a cocky POS who has committed insubordination and worn out his welcome with two coaching staffs and two cities.  And he's a sh------- player, to boot.

247089[/snapback]

I don't think he implied it to be a lie. When I read Sound_n_Fury's reply, I thought he was bringing into question the source of the information floated out there?

??Maybe I am wrong??

Your take has served the exact purpose. In any case, there is no need to lie, just dish the truth. But why?

??

JP Losman

Quarterback - Position Rank: #4

Tulane

6'2" - 217 lbs

4.68 - Pro Day 40

Other than big Ben R-Berger, the quarterback with the most overall athletic ability just might be Tulane's JP Losman. Big and agile, with good speed, Losman can make all the throws and has good accuracy to go along with the all-important ability to maintain that accuracy while on the move. Unfortunately, he doesn't always play like his breakdowns and profiles say he should. He's simply not as productive as he should be. Perhaps that's merely a by-product of playing on a subpar team, but there seems to be something bigger afoot. Something more wrong. Losman might end up a coach-killer, a guy who can have big games, and tease a coach to the ultimate ruin of both careers. See Rob Johnson.

by Bradley Warshauer

I'm tired of stories with nameless sources. It took 7 weeks for this story to come out. Everyone on the sidelines was pissed and it took 7 weeks to come out?

Who said these things? I saw no quotation marks around any of the comments. I saw no attribution to the speaker.

Where are the local Buffalo scribes on this? They have hammered Bledsoe on the way out of town, yet they missed this story?

Anybody remember the announcers acting aghast about this? Anybody see cutaways to the sidelines with the coaching staff jumping on Bledsoe? Anybody jump on Mularkey for making such a bonehead call and lose the game? Nope. That doesn't happen until someone suggests Bledsoe made the bonehead call......then it's damn stupid!

Peter King writes an article that literally could end Bledsoe's career and he can't get a quote?

Did he call Bledsoe and say, " Drew is it true you messed up the coin toss call?"

He would have gotten a yes, no, or no comment..two answers that would have confirmed the story.

How about a call to someone, anyone, in the Bills organization to verify? None.

This POS is known for unsubstantiated stories. The guy is known for never having been in a locker room.

This story is rumor, innuendo and fantasy until someone who was there confirms it.

If is confirmed with real quotes from real people I'll start a thread that says "Shameless Homer finally realizes Bledsoe is a jerk."

Oh and PS, no matter which goal you pick both teams play 2 quarters in each direction.

Let the revisionist history begin.  How in the world does King get a story like that??  TD's fingerprints are all over this.  He let's King do the dirty work of tearing down DB while Teflon Tommy takes the high road, saying all the nice things about wanting to keep Drew as a backup.  Pure BS.

Peter King is just a big nob who get's played by his sources to paint whatever picture they want the public to see.  Didn't the whole NHL/NHLPA media circus give us enough of this crap over the past week?

I'm glad DB's gone and excited to see what JP can do.  But it's stories like this (or anything written by Jerry Sullivan for that matter) really are starting to sour me on sports "journalism."

247024[/snapback]

Sound n fury signifying nothing. Common man, yes someone with the Bills passed this story to King, but my money is with Clements or Wyche. If it was TD Lenny or Mort would have broken the story.

This isn't dirt, this is a story of how an individual made a choice which cost his team in the most critical game of the year. You gotta print that.

3. Brady has been a better player since the trade. Brady, with less or equal talent around him, has been better in all ways.

Brady's a lot better QB than Bledsoe is, but to suggest that the Bills offense is equal to the Pats at the other 10 positions is incredibly silly. The Pats are one of, if not the best, pass blocking teams in the NFL, and that's what drives their offense.

King is good at reporting things, like the coin toss story, but his football analysis is lacking.

That's my thinking too.  It's one thing if Bledsoe had proven himself on the field in a Bills uniform, but he never really did.

247022[/snapback]

Yeah idiots

I wonder if ANY of you actually watched the game?

Most of the scores where against the WIND

re-watch the game

Your accusations of Donahoe don't make sense to me because there's basically no room for obfuscation of truth in this story... bottomline, did Drew disobey the coaches on the coin flip, yes or no?  Did Pitt get the ball AND the wind, yes or no?  Pretty cut and dry issues, don't you think?

If Drew's insubordination on the coinflip were a Donahoe lie, as you suggest, it would have to be a lie that's endorsed by the coaching staff as well since they are obviously major players in the incident described.  Somehow I just don't believe our entire team's management is out to slander Drew.

I'm taking things at face value in this case.  Drew is a cocky POS who has committed insubordination and worn out his welcome with two coaching staffs and two cities.  And he's a sh------- player, to boot.

247089[/snapback]

excellent use of obfuscation, ozy...and nice win by the devils last night. i shudder to say this, but i was actually rooting for them. clears our path to the regular season title if we can take care of business the next two weeks.

JP Losman

Quarterback - Position Rank: #4

Tulane

6'2" - 217 lbs

4.68 - Pro Day 40

Other than big Ben R-Berger, the quarterback with the most overall athletic ability just might be Tulane's JP Losman. Big and agile, with good speed, Losman can make all the throws and has good accuracy to go along with the all-important ability to maintain that accuracy while on the move. Unfortunately, he doesn't always play like his breakdowns and profiles say he should. He's simply not as productive as he should be. Perhaps that's merely a by-product of playing on a subpar team, but there seems to be something bigger afoot. Something more wrong. Losman might end up a coach-killer, a guy who can have big games, and tease a coach to the ultimate ruin of both careers. See Rob Johnson.

by Bradley Warshauer

247125[/snapback]

Bradley Warshauer =RJ

I'm tired of stories with nameless sources.  It took 7 weeks for this story to come out.  Everyone on the sidelines was pissed and it took 7 weeks to come out?

247140[/snapback]

After Tuesday, I predict we will start hearing a lot more stories from the employees of 1BD that will further show just how big of a loser Drew Bledsoe really is. :D

I'm tired of stories with nameless sources.  It took 7 weeks for this story to come out.  Everyone on the sidelines was pissed and it took 7 weeks to come out?

Who said these things?  I saw no quotation marks around any of the comments.  I saw no attribution to the speaker.

247140[/snapback]

Are you "shameless homer" or "shameless DB defender"? The guy is past history and in less than 24 hours, will no longer be a Buffalo Bill. Let it go! :D