Peter King article on Bledsoe

Coach Tuesday

After Tuesday, I predict we will start hearing a lot more stories from the employees of 1BD that will further show just how big of a loser Drew Bledsoe is. :D

247175[/snapback]

Another empty comment with character assassination built in.

Nothing works better on this board than throwing unsubstantiated red meat

to the lynch mob.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope the Bills' '04 highlight video conveniently expurgates all references to #11.  All I want to see on it is McGahee rushes, balls coming down in WR's hands, D and ST's stuff.

I don't think you'll have to worry. I don't recall Bledsoe having any highlights in 2004. :D

Great read....makes me even more glad that he is gone.

Drew takes it on himself to defy what the coaches tell him, b/c he certainly knows better. Good guy who did things his way and had the occasional smelly, chair-creaking brain fart.

And then there's JP in a relief appearance vs the Pats who went in with about 10 seconds notice. No whining, no bitching. How high, sir? I'll take a QB that knows his place.

If the premise of this article is true, then Bledsoe should have been benched on the spot.

I'm not a coach but I am responsible for people working under my direction. If I gave someone explict instructions and they diliberately went against me, they'd be looking for a new job the next day.

BUT, with that said, thebiggest reason to dump Drew was his combined performances against Baltimore, New England and Pittsburg. You count on your QB to step up for you in big games. Unfortunately when Bledsoe tries to step up he just throws interceptions.

I for one will not miss him...

If the premise of this article is true, then Bledsoe should have been benched on the spot.

I'm not a coach but I am responsible for people working under my direction.  If I gave someone explict instructions and they diliberately went against me, they'd be looking for a new job the next day.

247239[/snapback]

Agreed, especially on the next day part. But MM would've had to have huge cajones to sit Drew before the 1st snap of the biggest game of the year, at home. Very tough call.

It wasn't DonnaHo. It was Mularkey. Definitely Mularkey.

"Sometimes, coaches don't want players to think. They want players to do what they're told. Bledsoe defied the Buffalo staff that day, a sort of subtle defiance that began to irritate the Bills coaches the same way it had irritated Bill Belichick's staff four years earlier. That simple act didn't get Bledsoe unemployed. Three very big Bills losses this year (at New England, at Baltimore, and that Pittsburgh game), in which he threw zero touchdowns and eight interceptions, helped Mike Mularkey decide he'd be as well off playing J.P. Losman, a kid he knew had some mobility and, more important, would follow instructions.

Courageous move by Mularkey? I guess so. But Bledsoe has been average for a long time now. He wasn't worth a first-round pick when the Bills traded for him three years ago. He last led a team to the playoffs seven years ago. In his last five full seasons played, his teams have finished last, last, last, third and third in the AFC East. And now, in the wake of the Bills' whacking of the quarterback they were sure would lead them to the promised land, it is official: The single smartest personnel decision in the five-year Belichick/Pioli Era of New England Patriots history was trading Drew Bledsoe on draft day three years ago."

Then again. It couldda been Donnaho.

"Don't want to be a backup here eh? Well here ya go fugga! Enjoy Ory-gun"

Phone is the office rings. Whitey picks it up and says,

"Pete! Hey, I was just thinking about you!

Say, did I ever tell you the story about what happened just before the Pittsburgh game..."

If Drew's insubordination on the coinflip were a Donahoe lie...

247089[/snapback]

Who said anything about lying? Who knows what the truth is? My point is that a story like this could only be planted to make DB look bad and take heat off of the Bills "brain trust."

I suspect it probably has some truth to it, as DB could easily deny it and make Peter King look like the fool he is. Still, is this a story the world needed to know ("what's said in the room stays in the room").

I don't like the media manipulation-angle, that's all.

Three cheers to Peter King for finally "outing" Bledsoe as basically a phoney. After the 2002 season and certainly the beginning of '03 I was totally against Drew being our QB anymore. It's kinda like you knew the Bills could not begin the Superbowl progression until they jettisoned Drew and the longer they kept him around.... the longer it would be before the Bills could be a playoff contender. Even if JP means taking one step back before taking 2 steps forward I'm happy to do it. I'm especially happy we made the move to get JP after looking at this years QB draft prospects. Pretty weak if you ask me. JP would be at the head of this years class for sure.

Drew takes it on himself to defy what the coaches tell him, b/c he certainly knows better. Good guy who did things his way and had the occasional smelly, chair-creaking brain fart.

247185[/snapback]

The biggest Bledsoe Brain Fart I ever witnessed was when he threw the ball out of bounds on a fourth down play during the Bills last possession in a potential comeback drive against Philadelphia last season. Drew Bledsoe is certainly no genius; few quarterbacks are or need to be. The problem is that he thinks he is a genius! Maybe this overestimation of his own abilities is the result of being reared in the Parenting with Dignity™ method. [Moose's conscience is saying that this is a low blow. Moose ignores conscience.]

I am happier than ever that Bledsoe's 10¢ head will no longer be protect by a Buffalo Bills helmet!

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Bob Dylan

Yeah idiots

I wonder if ANY of you actually watched the game?

Most of the scores where against the WIND

re-watch the game

247157[/snapback]

Thank you.

I wanted Bledsoe gone as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to make up history to justify it. Whatever the truth of King's claim, he's guilty of shoddy reasearch. Bills defended the west goal at the start, and Pitt scored most of their points going east - west (against the wind). There may be an excuse for King, as NFL Gamebook is also wrong in its account of which goal Pitt defended in the 2nd half.

Questions about which goal to defend in Buffalo is always a big decision for coaches, and I always had a beef with Gregg W in not recognizing the wind patterns and having Bills heading westward in 4Qs.

Maybe King had a nugget of truth in there somewhere, but his case would have been aided if he got the basic facts of the story straight.

Thank you. 

I wanted Bledsoe gone as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to make up history to justify it.  Whatever the truth of King's claim, he's guilty of shoddy reasearch.  Bills defended the west goal at the start, and Pitt scored most of their points going east - west (against the wind).  There may be an excuse for King, as NFL Gamebook is also wrong in its account of which goal Pitt defended in the 2nd half.

Questions about which goal to defend in Buffalo is always a big decision for coaches, and I always had a beef with Gregg W in not recognizing the wind patterns and having Bills heading westward in 4Qs. 

Maybe King had a nugget of truth in there somewhere, but his case would have been aided if he got the basic facts of the story straight.

247333[/snapback]

how do you remember this stuff? :D

The biggest Bledsoe Brain Fart I ever witnessed was when he threw the ball out of bounds on a fourth down play during the Bills last possession in a potential comeback drive against Philadelphia last season. Drew Bledsoe is certainly no genius; few quarterbacks are or need to be. The problem is that he thinks he is a genius! Maybe this overestimation of his own abilities is the result of being reared in the Parenting with Dignity™ method. [Moose's conscience is saying that this is a low blow. Moose ignores conscience.]

I am happier than ever that Bledsoe's 10¢ head will no longer be protect by a Buffalo Bills helmet!

"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Bob Dylan

247314[/snapback]

Absolutely. Any more questions?

Thank you. 

I wanted Bledsoe gone as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to make up history to justify it.  Whatever the truth of King's claim, he's guilty of shoddy reasearch.  Bills defended the west goal at the start, and Pitt scored most of their points going east - west (against the wind).  There may be an excuse for King, as NFL Gamebook is also wrong in its account of which goal Pitt defended in the 2nd half.

247333[/snapback]

fascinating, gerry. you should e-mail king.

Thank you. 

247333[/snapback]

You are right.. The Pitts ground game took over that game. Why? Because Maddox couldn't let em fly against the wind. Regardless of whether King was wrong or right. The point here is Drew was told one thing and did another. My question is this. Why the hell didn't he defy Gilbride and Williams, when we were running the ball on 3 and 15 or passing the ball when it was 3 and 1? I don't like Drew as much as the next person but something sounds fishy here.

Hi, Greg - long time no "see"! How's your little corner of Pennsyltucky these days?

247341[/snapback]

Hi Gina...things fine here in south-central Patucky. Looking forward to a new era of Bills football with a different QB under center. The former QB wasn't known as BDDB (Brain-Dead Drew Bledsoe) for nothing.