The Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

Rather than debate what is technically true: do you think the Jets are a better team than the Bills?

I don't know. They are similar teams. If the Jets sign Fitz and he plays relatively well again, they could easily be the second best team in the division, or if Tyrod continues to improve and the defense steps it up, the Bills might be. Either way, it's hardly a stretch to say that the Jets are the second best team in the division. That was my point.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am comfortable in saying that their team played up to their talent level better than our team did. If you disagree with that assessment that is fine. My suggestion is to trust your eyes more than your heart.

A generation of excuses is no longer acceptable.

While I don't think we played up to our talent level all season, neither did they. This is evidenced by their loss to us with their playoff hopes on the line, and nothing on the line for us. Agree to disagree though I guess.

I don't know. They are similar teams. If the Jets sign Fitz and he plays relatively well again, they could easily be the second best team in the division, or if Tyrod continues to improve and the defense steps it up, the Bills might be. Either way, it's hardly a stretch to say that the Jets are the second best team in the division. That was my point.

Then it's equally "hardly a stretch" to say that the Bills are the second best team in the division. Right?

Honest yes or no question.

Do you believe the Rex will ever get this team to a SB?

He absolutely can -- with the right support system around him. I'm not sure Rex knows how to create that structure, however, so part of it will have to come from others and, truthfully, part of it will have to be luck. I think right now he has a great staff on the offensive side of the ball and I'm really not concerned about him getting the defense "right" this year. I'd prefer a gameday management assistant but unless they announce it we'll never know if that is going to happen -- I will say that after the KC debacle last year the challenge process seemed to get drastically better.

While I don't think we played up to our talent level all season, neither did they. This is evidenced by their loss to us with their playoff hopes on the line, and nothing on the line for us. Agree to disagree though I guess.

Fitz played like the Fitz Buffalo fans are well acquainted with.

Agreed. I watched that game again recently.

Pretty bad game all around for the Jets and Bowles. Still he had his team prepared and ready to play every week and he took advantage of the talent available. More then you can say for Rex.

For the most part, yes, Bowles appeared to use his talent on defense more efficiently than Rex.

I love how you start a thread about the nattering nabob of negativity by being a nattering nabob of negativity.

Deep, man. Very deep.

:thumbsup:

Why should I be negative after the dynasty we have established over the last 15 years! I'm sure we are playoff bound again!

Then it's equally "hardly a stretch" to say that the Bills are the second best team in the division. Right?

Agreed. In my original post I was responding to someone who appeared to be mocking a poster who thought the Jets were the second best team in the division.

I don't think for even a minute that Rex will ever get the Bills to the playoffs. We might not see .500 again until Rex is fired, which I hope happens during the season.

Except for the fact the Bills saw .500 last year, when Rex supposedly trashed the defense. You're really saying you think it gets worse from here?

It really is simple...

If you are negative and trash the team and all of its decisions one of two things happen. You are right and can proclaim how smart you are when the team does poorly or you are wrong and your team does well and you can celebrate the success. It is a win win for them.

I don't think for even a minute that Rex will ever get the Bills to the playoffs. We might not see .500 again until Rex is fired, which I hope happens during the season.

For Rex to get fired during the season, we would have to be having a train wreck of a season. Is that what you really want? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

For Rex to get fired during the season, we would have to be having a train wreck of a season. Is that what you really want? Really?

GO BILLS!!!

Maybe he's a Bill fan and not a Bills' fan. Because what real Bills' fan would actually root for his team to fail?

Maybe he's a Bill fan and not a Bills' fan. Because what real Bills' fan would actually root for his team to fail?

That's why I ask the question. I think Gotham Bill is a genuine, rabid Bills fan; he certainly doesn't have to qualify his bona fides to me in that regard. But that is one helluva scenario to be negatively invested in.

GO BILLS!!!