Is Lawson hurt??

JTO

Yeah but they have knee problems and he has a shoulder problem. Also he didn't miss time in college for his injury whereas jack and smith both were out. Youre being disingenuous.

he doesnt have any where near the perceived upside of those guys. No one, absolutely no one, takes him top of Rd 2 with a knee injury like smith. lawson is a guy you look to have productive on day 1. red shirting him for a year (which is effectively whats happening), drops him a lot more than 15 spots

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he doesnt have any where near the perceived upside of those guys. No one, absolutely no one, takes him top of Rd 2 with a knee injury like smith. lawson is a guy you look to have productive on day 1. red shirting him for a year (which is effectively whats happening), drops him a lot more than 15 spots

You are really doing a lot of estimating here

Knee injuries are a whole different animal then a upper body injury

Edge players are hard to find.....werent you listening to what they were saying at the combine?

You have no idea how many spots a "injury is worth"

Agree he doesn't have the perceived upside, but he doesn't have as severe an injury as either of those guys. Missing maybe half a season is not effectively red shirting someone. I am also confused why he is the type of player that has to be productive day 1. Why do you say that (I guess position)?

Agree he doesn't have the perceived upside, but he doesn't have as severe an injury as either of those guys. Missing maybe half a season is not effectively red shirting someone. I am also confused why he is the type of player that has to be productive day 1. Why do you say that (I guess position)?

a) lack of perceived upside, b) not developmental position like QB, c) fills position of immediate need for Bills

I think the real question here is, "If it had been known that Lawson would need shoulder surgery that would likely cost him at least half his rookie season, would you still have been in favor of the Bills selecting him at 19?" If not, who would you rather they selected?

I certainly would have opposed the choice and would have selected Lee or Doctson instead. I have a feeling Lee is going to be a beast.

I think the real question here is, "If it had been known that Lawson would need shoulder surgery that would likely cost him at least half his rookie season, would you still have been in favor of the Bills selecting him at 19?" If not, who would you rather they selected?

I certainly would have opposed the choice and would have selected Lee or Doctson instead. I have a feeling Lee is going to be a beast.

Since when is September half the season?

Since when is September half the season?

it is reported to be a 4-6 month recovery. Four months puts you into September, six months, into November. And that assumes "recovery" means "Ready to play an NFL game" as opposed to ready to start practicing and getting in shape. So he will certainly miss all of training camp and then be asked to step in and learn the amazing and mysterious Ryan defense, which has proven impossible even for many grizzled NFL veterans to learn. Good luck counting on a major contribution this year from Shaq.

So Schefter says 5 to 6 months. Must have been a rotator cuff. With he and Watkins hurt it's not looking too good here fellas. There's gonna be 8 in the box on every play and the defense's prospects are now no better than last year.

Edited by H2o

So Schefter says 5 to 6 months. Must have been a rotator cuff. With he and Watkins hurt it's not looking too good here fellas. There's gonna be 8 in the box on every play and the defense's prospects are now no better than last year.

Wow! Really? First of all it's not a rotator cuff. Secondly It's May 17th. :lol:

Wow! Really? First of all it's not a rotator cuff. Secondly It's May 17th. :lol:

And Schefter says 5 to 6 months.... must have missed that part where Schefter got his medical license, examined Shaqs shoulder, preformed the surgery and gave a recovery time.

And Schefter says 5 to 6 months.... must have missed that part where Schefter got his medical license, examined Shaqs shoulder, preformed the surgery and gave a recovery time.

Just like he did with JPP, he'll get those medical records and let us know the "inside" scoop to confirm what he already knows via his medical expertise.

Just like he did with JPP, he'll get those medical records and let us know the "inside" scoop to confirm what he already knows via his medical expertise.

Schefter now carries three cell phones...the third is a dedicated live feed to Shaq's operating room.