Is Lawson hurt??

JTO

So don't draft a player at 19 because he "might" need a surgery in the off season and could play this season and instead draft a lower ranked player who when both are healthy would be a downgrade? That's a losers approach, short term politicians approach. You should run for Mayor of Buffalo if you believe in short term gains over sustained improvement.

If that's the argument, why not take Jack?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by someone that best case recovery is likely 4 months. That's with no complications and from someone not fully aware of his medical history.

Hard to imagine him being good to go on just mental reps for Week 1.

Probably put him on the PUP list to start the season and get him back around week 7. No need to rush him, one player will not make or break the defense but for the Bills to compete well into December they need him to be healthy.

Our medical staff is the worst. Constantly rushing (or atleast allowing) guys back from injuries to get hurt again and now this.

They should be fired.

And btw his shoulder seemed fine when he was hitting on the receptionist in that "hilarious" rookie tour video.

Some say hilarious others say a group of seemingly low intelligence football players slogging through everyday life. Although at one point when Cardale said the standing buffalo looked like a "cowl" for the 5th time i think he was close to going off on a tangent about quantum physics.

Edited by Estelle Getty

Our medical staff is the worst. Constantly rushing (or atleast allowing) guys back from injuries to get hurt again and now this.

They should be fired.

And btw his shoulder seemed fine when he was hitting on the receptionist in that "hilarious" rookie tour video.

Some say hilarious others say a group of seemingly low intelligence football players slogging through everyday life. Although at one point when Cardale said the standing buffalo looked like a "cowl" for the 5th time i think he was close to going off on a tangent about quantum physics.

37300115.jpg

If that's the argument, why not take Jack?

Because Rex's defense requires "throwback" LBers like Ragland. And don't forget Rex alienated the guy Lawson is replacing.

To properly define throwback LBers one has to look at what schemes that used to work in the NFL but no longer do, have their LBs do. Ragland fits this perfectly and will fit nicely into the failed system. Lawson, was the correct pick at 19 even though he was hurt because he would have been gone before our 2nd round pick, unlike Ragland who is apparently not as useful in systems which are viable in today's NFL. Jack's ability to rush the QB is not in line with the intent of Rex's D which seems to be leaving the QB alone.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Missing the remainder of any OTA's, training camp, preseason games and possibly up to 4 regular season games, puts Lawson behind the 8 ball in a big way for being productive this season. Not saying it's impossible, just a heck of a lot less likely.

Really disappointed in the Bills medical staff. Either lies were told on draft weekend by Bills FO staff after he was selected, or the medical staff who examined him, f***ed up.

Edited by LabattBlue

Whaley and the head of the medical staff should be fired. Today. The average player lasts three years in the NFL, and you give away one of them on your first-round pick to an injury everyone knew about but you flatly denied. It's clown-car personnel decisions like this that keep the Bills a running punchline.

Your logic leaves something to be desired. You are stating that the 19th pick of this years draft is an average player and he will be out the full year? So what? If he's just an average player then I guess he won't really be missed. The Bills can just pick up another average player.

There were no lies told. There was no great-miss by the medical staff.

He re-aggravated it during OTA's.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/732321648347648005

Stop inventing narratives to suit yours, please.

the Bills even said something happened last week to make them decide to do it. I don't know why Carucci flew off the handle. So weird.

I guess the fake outrage department at the BN was slow.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is awful news. Very hard to believe that this guy could be productive at all this year. I can't understand how they would not have known this. If we were going to red shirt our first pick this year, I would rather have Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith.

If he really did get hurt at a non-contact OTA, that is an even worse sign. Folks it's non contact

Edited by davspo

This is awful news. Very hard to believe that this guy could be productive at all this year. I can't understand how they would not have known this. If we were going to red shirt our first pick this year, I would rather have Myles Jack or Jaylon Smith.

they didn't know he needed it before the season until he needed it before the season. He tweaked it last week.

If he really did get hurt at a non-contact OTA, that is an even worse sign. Folks it's non contact

Did you feel the same way when Dante Fowler went down last year?

they didn't know he needed it before the season until he needed it before the season. He tweaked it last week.

And I'm sure it was something along the lines of, if it's that easy to tweak might as well fix it now, instead of go through the season and have him keep tweaking it.

Could he have played the season without it? We will never know but maybe he could have.

They should be fired.

Accurate, hysterically funny and a sad commentary all at the same time!