NFL Sunday Ticket 2016

I called back again....like I mentioned earlier I've had great luck....not this year...I've been stonewalled twice....directv has been ok.....I lose my reception during storms and heavy snow....I've been looking for a reason to leave....so I just set up cancelation at the end of this next billing period that I'm paid through...I was kind of suprised they didn't put up more of a fight to keep me but oh well...the lady told me I have received over 1500 $ worth of discounts since being with them so I can't complain....fios is going to cost me more but it's a much better product...good luck to the rest of you guys.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today must be my lucky day. Called and explained how I have Time Warner for internet and phone and looking to consolidate. Also told them I notice the Sunday Ticket on my bill (first installment of $44 of 6 installments) and I'm a little pissed that they auto billed it. Client retention lady was very nice (Nel) and she said she's take care of everything. Asked if I have a data plan for my cell phone. Said, yes, with ATT. She said that I can link my ATT phone with DirectTV on their app and get unlimited data to watch games elsewhere for a low, low price. Haven't checked the price out yet but I never got a discount on my data plan before so it has to be better.

She then asked ME what I want my bill to be every month. The current bill was $170 with the $44/month Sunday Ticket. I told her I'd like my bill to be $120/month. She said how does $125/mth sound. Same Xtra programming, same receivers, equip, and Sunday Ticket included. I said "I'll take it". Only catch is I have to stay subscribed for 12 months.....uhhh, ok. I'll call them again next August and re-do the whole thing.

I always heard you should wait until a week or so before the season...now's the time to get your best rates.

Goodbye SNFLT... No luck with DirecTV this year. They wouldn't budge on their price for SNFT. Talked to normal operator and retention operator. Had it since '97 and she recognized that, but since I got it for free last year, they couldn't offer me anything this year. Even with the cheapest monthly package and suspending it for 6 months, it would have come out to $40 a game. I can go out for drinks and lunch for way cheaper.

This is going to be an interesting football season without being tied to TV every Sunday afternoon.

I got my bill on line yesterday. Called and asked for retention. Only would talk to retention Sad but true, retired, fixed income etc. with tears in my eyes. Love the Bills. They stated they could only give me 20% off Sunday Ticket. Two years I got it free. Said only once can they do that. I was very upset but nice. Said they could do better. New receiver with five program record feature coming Tuesday but three dollars more and than said they would knock $50.00 a month off for the next two years period. All in all my yearly bill will be $600.00 less period. Sweet! Can't beat that with a stick and I get the new receiver. Pays to be nice.

Made the call today. Oddly enough, the first number they sent me to was programming. I got a 20% discount from the lady there off of Sunday ticket.

Got sent to retention next. Guy couldn't do anything, except reduce my base package and save me $7 per month. I sort of believed him, because in May I called, And I got credits of $25/month. I think they only have so much in credits they can give you in a 12-month period.

That said, I will try to call back again to see if I can squeeze a few more bucks out of them.

After cancelling DTV because they would not budge on there price, I received an email asking me to come back.

They gave me the Choice package at $36/month(12-month agreement) , NFL Ticket - MAX for free, and a $200 Visa gift card. That works out to under $20 a game for the 13 games I need it for.

I'm in Jersey so I see both Jets games and the Thursday night game.

Guess I'm back to watching TV Sunday afternoons... :D

Called last night, asked for customer retention right off. During the call, the call dropped to a busy signal. Since they asked me for my phone number at the start of the conversation, I waited a bit to see if they would call me back,. They never did, so I called back and got some other retention person and told them I was mad about being cut off and not called back. Apparently, customer retention doesn't do outbound calls. Ended up getting the regular ST for free.

FYI: Regular Sunday Ticket now lets you login and watch via computer or phone/tablet. You had to have Max ST last year for that feature. Max ST only adds the Red Zone channel and Fantasy channel vs regular ST.

Called today on my way home. Good call. Told them I like DTV. Told them the bill is too high though. Told them I only have it for Sunday Ticket although I've never been unhappy.

My deal:

$50 off of my bill for 12 months.

$5 off of my bill for 12 months.

$9 off of my bill for 6 months.

HBO Free for 4 months.

Good rake. I'm happy again.

Already got my $50/month credit a few weeks ago for calling about ST. Called again yesterday to let them know our $5.99 PPV movie rental Sat night was buffering the whole time and was terrible to watch like that. Of course they credited the movie.. I said thanks. Out of the blue, the rep asked if I had Sunday Ticket Max. I said yes, and he offered me $9 discount off the price per month. I was like "Okay", like i had never heard of such a wonderful thing as a discount. Then he started offering me HD Receiver credit and some other credits that i know have expired recently... All this without me even asking?!? I love Directv...

If anyone received the online package as well (Sunday TIcket Max?) and isn't going to use it, please PM me, I have a proposition for you.

Meaning if you have Max and will be watching games on TV but not online let me know. I only want to watch the games online and DirecTV won't sell it to me that way based on my address.

Just made the call. Been a DTV customer for 16 years, I'm guessing I've gotten ST free for at least 10-11 of those years. Last year they wouldn't give me any ST discounts, which was frustrating. I'm still under a contract through Feb 2017, so I didn't have that card to play.

Took about 15 minutes, and I got the $50/month for 12 months. Started with $40/month, barely gave me a chance to respond, and then came back with $50/month. Not the complete package some of you got, but I'm happy. Works out to a free ST Max + another $240 in discounts, and it doesn't extend my contract. This was one of the easiest calls I've ever made, and next year I can play the no contract/cancellation card.

Interesting new wrinkle -- both the rep and the rep's supervisor came on at the end to make sure I had the rep's contact information (name, call center location, and ATT ID number). Never had them do that before.

I'm glad to see most of you are getting discounts. I've had a couple of good experiences since my last post. I really appreciate the comments on the Board because it helps to know these lessons before you call. Although I'm paying a little more this year because previous discounts expired, I know that a future call will yield positive benefits. I had to drop some of the sports channels so maybe I'll try for Center Ice next time to get more Sabres games. I do get Bruins, Nets and Rangers in CT, but miss the Buffalo announcers. Sorry to get a little off target, but Buffalo sports are the best!

Just made the call. Been a DTV customer for 16 years, I'm guessing I've gotten ST free for at least 10-11 of those years. Last year they wouldn't give me any ST discounts, which was frustrating. I'm still under a contract through Feb 2017, so I didn't have that card to play.

Took about 15 minutes, and I got the $50/month for 12 months. Started with $40/month, barely gave me a chance to respond, and then came back with $50/month. Not the complete package some of you got, but I'm happy. Works out to a free ST Max + another $240 in discounts, and it doesn't extend my contract. This was one of the easiest calls I've ever made, and next year I can play the no contract/cancellation card.

Interesting new wrinkle -- both the rep and the rep's supervisor came on at the end to make sure I had the rep's contact information (name, call center location, and ATT ID number). Never had them do that before.

You received it free for 10-11 years and were frustrated you didn't get discounts one year?

You started a discussion about NFL Ticket and for only the third time in 19 years I am not getting it.

I don't feel this is trolling just offering an opinion.

I begged off when Jerkron was the coach in his last season and same with Gailey.

I'm pretty sure I still love them, but am wise enough to not piss $200+ down the tubes and ruin a bunch of Sundays when I truly don't see them winning even 8 games.

This is what you do on opinion boards.... You offer opinions🤔

Everybody is entitled to their opinion. My opinion is that is very fair weather of you.

You received it free for 10-11 years and were frustrated you didn't get discounts one year?

Yes, in the way that you would be frustrated paying full sticker price for a new car. You know it is overpriced, and you know that discounts are part of the game. Fair point that I've had good luck with discounts over the years, but there are also a lot of (what I consider) junk fees that DTV throws on every monthly bill. It wasn't fun to pay those, even for just a year.