Vacation - who is going where

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruises are the best.

Check out the message boards at cruisecritic.com for great tips, especially excursion ideas. You don't want to do the ship excursions; can do it on your own much better and cheaper.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've made some attempts to sort it out on my own, but every time I attempt to plan something I get dizzy with all of the options. So I'm just going to play it all by ear. My main goal is to relax for a week. Anything I manage to accomplish will be a bonus.

Going down to Cooperstown for a week in early August to watch my son in a baseball tournament. 100 teams from all over the country. They have a pretty good team but they will get beat by some of the southern teams. We rented a nice house though 2 miles from the park with a nice inground pool & such with some of the other families so looking forward to that. Going on our annual florida trip in October to Orlando & I know it is not until the first week of March but me & my friend finally have decided to take our sons to the Duke/UNC game at Chapel Hill. Tickets are expensive but something I always wanted to do.

Actually you should be avoiding everyone's advice here.

:rolleyes: Says the guy who has an annual thread about seeking advice!!! :nana:

Heading to the Pinehurst area this summer for ten days of golf, beer and relaxation after one of most difficult 13 months I've ever had. This trip is much overdo.

Going to get on the Goldwing and head to the Skyline Drive and than go on down the Dragon tail. With 3 other couples. The first week in August. Been to the skyline drive before but never been down the Dragon tail. Cant wait for the time off. Other than that just hanging around home and getting some work done there.

Phucket-------

If you're actually going, don't bother with Patong. Unless you want really seedy bars and cheap hookers, then by all means stay in Patong. I regret not picking one of the resort areas with better beaches. Pretty sure a bar girl spiked my drink there too.

Our go-to spot that has the benefit of being only 3 hours away is Bald Head Island. Close enough for a long weekend, but staying a week allows you to really "get away."

No cars on the island...just golf carts and bikes. Short ferry ride from Southport to the island.

Please, don't any of you knuckleheads go there and mess it up.