Bills Staying in Orchard Park? Buying Up Land Around...

Last week, a Buffalo Bills Fan Based site reported that the Buffalo Bills have bought land from multiple people around the Ralph. Some of the info was incorrect. I have kept this under wraps as no deal is complete until $$ have been exchanged. My sources have confirmed that this business transaction has taken place. What will become of this land .........

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While the concept of a downtown stadium was exciting to me, I'll freely admit I'm also happy if a new stadium complex is built in OP and the tailgating tradition continues.

Without the volume and location the speculation is pretty speculative even by our standards

the packers are doing the same thing in green bay- tore down a ratty motel and some other eyesores and are partners in a new brewpub, retail, high end hotel should be partially open for this season

I think last week it was still kinda speculation. But now it's kind of official? Something like that.

Something like that. From what I hear, what will happen on this land will be pretty cool and you don't get cool unless you spend mucho dinero.

Maybe Orchard Park just happens to sit above a large shale deposit. Can't wait for the "Noco Express Mart Stadium Football & Fracking Center@ Ralph Wilson Place".

Glenn's extension must have broke the bank.

Something like that. From what I hear, what will happen on this land will be pretty cool and you don't get cool unless you spend mucho dinero.

was the initial vague post not getting enough attention?

IMO, building, or renovating long-term in-place in OP makes the most sense on nearly every front.

It's a major step backwards, and a huge blow to the revitalization movement occurring in Buffalo. Terry and Kim would be idiots to not connect a new stadium to the FNC and rapid transit system.

IMO, building, or renovating long-term in-place in OP makes the most sense on nearly every front.

i totally agree.. all the talk of a downtown stadium is "pie in the sky" Bass Pro thinking.. look what happened when the powers that be woke up .. and realized Bass Pro was not the panecea. now, you have canalside. a stadium IMHO would just jumble the whole area up traffic.. keep the Bills in OP.

Edited by dwight in philly

It's a major step backwards, and a huge blow to the revitalization movement occurring in Buffalo. Terry and Kim would be idiots to not connect a new stadium to the FNC and rapid transit system.

I disagree. An NFL stadium, lots, and 'campus' is a waste of space in the downtown area in a market such as Buffalo. 10 home games a season, maybe a couple other events. If we can be the 'magnet' for consistent/huge events like Jerry World or Lucas Oil are, then I would. The problem is, the stadium here wont be able to attract and sell out that many events. You also would have to pour a ton of money into demo and infrastructure. Displacing businesses and people. Awful traffic issues, etc.

Save money and the premium downtown space. Build a really nice convention center down there as well as a brick-and-mortar amphitheater.

Edited by May Day 10

I hope you shut-ins see whats happening here!! Terry is building Packers 2. Keeping/growing talent, building upon our elderly, well loved stadium...

As Godgula ages, he will begin to unveil his plan to sell the team to the fans. His rich man status will have endeared him to the league so much, they'll lapse their ban on the fan-owned model. We'll spend every penny we have to 'buy' the team, knowing full well we don't get any money back... but we wont care, we'll have the Bills forever. The Bills will literally be ours.

Praise him my friends.

Interesting, for sure.

But still not guaranteeing that the stadium remains there.

Could be speculative land acquisition for future development once new stadium is build downtown and the Ralph is demolished.

Who knows. But certainly interesting to think about.

I disagree. An NFL stadium, lots, and 'campus' is a waste of space in the downtown area in a market such as Buffalo. 10 home games a season, maybe a couple other events. If we can be the 'magnet' for consistent/huge events like Jerry World or Lucas Oil are, then I would. The problem is, the stadium here wont be able to attract and sell out that many events. You also would have to pour a ton of money into demo and infrastructure. Displacing businesses and people. Awful traffic issues, etc.

Save money and the premium downtown space. Build a really nice convention center down there as well as a brick-and-mortar amphitheater.

There's always a million reasons to not do something (classic Buffalo thinking), but you havent mentioned anything that can't be addressed and improved.

Pegula built 2 new ice rinks right next to the one that already exists and he owns, and he has Harborcenter booked with events. For just ice skating! Buffalo/Erie Country/NYS would need to swing a deal where Pegula funds a portion (if not majority, if not all of it) himself. Traffic couldnt be any worse than at RWS where you basically only have 2 ways of getting there.

This would also cover the convention center and amphitheater as well. It needs to be an entire complex. FNC, HarborCenter, CanalSide, New Stadium, waterfront, and public transit. Along with stores and restaurants in the adjacent buildings.

Edited by DrDareustein

I hope it's a Buffalo Bills themed indoor water park!

Tasked - a little early to be hittin the Kettle 1 straight.

lol - caught me. but it don't make this fever dream any less beautiful.

Green Bay Bills aside: Downtown = probably, worse tailgating. So.. it's a non-starter until I'm assured otherwise.

Edited by TaskerTough

There's always a million reasons to not do something (classic Buffalo thinking), but you havent mentioned anything that can't be addressed and improved.

Pegula built 2 new ice rinks right next to the one that already exists and he owns, and he has Harborcenter booked with events. For just ice skating! Buffalo/Erie Country/NYS would need to swing a deal where Pegula funds a portion (if not majority, if not all of it) himself. Traffic couldnt be any worse than at RWS where you basically only have 2 ways of getting there.

This would also cover the convention center and amphitheater as well. It needs to be an entire complex. FNC, HarborCenter, CanalSide, New Stadium, waterfront, and public transit. Along with stores and restaurants in the adjacent buildings.

simple question.. what do you do with a huge stadium downtown for 42 weeks a year? after the season.

Edited by dwight in philly