2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

Do you have a top 5 or 10 set?

Because I've been splitting prospects for Bills Wire, only got full grades on the big 4 so far. I'm stupidly behind on last year. Had a big board of like 400+ last year, think I have 50-60 so far :D

My list goes:

1. Deshaun Watson
  2. DeShone Kizer
  3. Don't call me Mitch Trubisky
  4. Patrick Mahomes

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I've been splitting prospects for Bills Wire, only got full grades on the big 4 so far. I'm stupidly behind on last year. Had a big board of like 400+ last year, think I have 50-60 so far :D

My list goes:

• Deshaun Watson
  • DeShone Kizer
  • Don't call me Mitch Trubisky
  • Patrick Mahomes

I only have 2 and 3 the other way around.

I only have 2 and 3 the other way around.

Putting everything down numerically, that entire group is actually really close. From the snippets I've seen of Evans/Kaaya/Peterman etc, I'd anticipate the gap between the top 4 to be about the same gap from them to everyone else.

I feel that Watson/Trubisky are the "safe" options, actually really like Trubisky as a fit within the WCO but I'm not anywhere close to sold on him in the 1st.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Hmmm...where'd you catch onto him? ;)

I live on the west coast and watched several uCLA games the past couple years. He always made a few plays that stood out. Plays fast and looked like he had decent enough size to translate to a 4-3 wlb. My contempt for watching Preston brown the past couple years has made landing a running partner for Ragland my mission this off season (as if I can actually have an impact on that). So I've been watching some film on LBs in this draft and he looks like a nice developmental player if he can add some strength. Your thoughts on him?

CB Kevin King 2017 NFL Draft scouting report
King is a gift from the football gods for the cornerback position. He measured in at 6’3” and 200 pounds with long, 32” arms at the combine. King clocked an official 4.43 in the 40-yard dash had a 39.5” vertical and scorched the three-cone drill with a time of 6.56,
hmmm

hey don't be telling people, I want him in the second.

I live on the west coast and watched several uCLA games the past couple years. He always made a few plays that stood out. Plays fast and looked like he had decent enough size to translate to a 4-3 wlb. My contempt for watching Preston brown the past couple years has made landing a running partner for Ragland my mission this off season (as if I can actually have an impact on that). So I've been watching some film on LBs in this draft and he looks like a nice developmental player if he can add some strength. Your thoughts on him?

He's my day 3 special as a sub package LB.

I compared him to DeVondre Campbell from last year (who just happened to be my day 3 special as well).

Good athlete who can turn and run in coverage.

P51 and I swapped some thoughts about him a few months back in this very thread.

He and Charmeachealle Moore are the two LBs that I would pound the table for in rounds 5-6

Nice. Hopefully we can land one. While I have faith that Ragland will turn into a solid LB, he's the only LB on the roster I feel comfortable with going forward. Ragland paired with PBrown sounds awful in this D imo. We really need some speed and nasty injected into the unit. While I really want Ruben Foster to be the pick if we don't trade down, I don't think we go that route. Landing Reddick in a trade down would be nice as well, but I think we'll give tyrod another target or possibly CB if lattimore falls. LB will probably have to be addressed later in the draft and Brown or Moore sound like perfect fits. Adding another LB named brown would be kind of sweet

With all the Peterman talk, I figured I'd assign him a grade. I'm utterly convinced that his scout report is just buzz words from the poor white quarterback book of adjectives.

Full field reads - has a gimmicky simplified offense that's dependent on Henderson's motion and half-field/one-read rollouts.

Pocket general - willing to take shots of his own creation because he holds onto it beyond the designed structure.

Smart with good decision making - watch the VT game. 2 fumbles, an INT and 3 dropped INT's including one right into the chest of the safety.

If that man starts in the NFL and is taken in the 2nd round, the NFL deserves its quarterback problem.

With all the Peterman talk, I figured I'd assign him a grade. I'm utterly convinced that his scout report is just buzz words from the poor white quarterback book of adjectives.

Full field reads - has a gimmicky simplified offense that's dependent on Henderson's motion and half-field/one-read rollouts.

Pocket general - willing to take shots of his own creation because he holds onto it beyond the designed structure.

Smart with good decision making - watch the VT game. 2 fumbles, an INT and 3 dropped INT's including one right into the chest of the safety.

If that man starts in the NFL and is taken in the 2nd round, the NFL deserves its quarterback problem.

Who is his NFL comparable?

Who is his NFL comparable?

I rarely do direct comparisons unless they jump out at me. I believe in types a lot more.

With that said, his 'type' is similar to Kevin Hogan. Just without the wind-up from his shoes. Shows signs of football IQ but I'd rather that in the film room than on the field.

Wouldn't hate him as maybe a 6th rounder as a WCO backup but I would be bricking it if my starter ever got hurt.

I rarely do direct comparisons unless they jump out at me. I believe in types a lot more.

With that said, his 'type' is similar to Kevin Hogan. Just without the wind-up from his shoes. Shows signs of football IQ but I'd rather that in the film room than on the field.

Wouldn't hate him as maybe a 6th rounder as a WCO backup but I would be bricking it if my starter ever got hurt.

Yeah, that makes sense. There is value in a player like that and 6th round or later sounds about right.

Yeah, that makes sense. There is value in a player like that and 6th round or later sounds about right.

I kinda feel for Peterman in a way. He's getting hyped up for the wrong reasons, is getting sold as a potential answer and most will buy into that.

Then he doesn't work out, ends up as a career backup and people only remember that he didn't meet his draft value. He'll get the last laugh though, especially if he ends up as the next gen Clipboard Jesus.

If Im gonna take a 6th round guy id rather take Kelly......jmo

I know we wont see it for a while.....but i would like to know how the bills really feel about Seymore. Do they really feel he is a guy they can pair with Darby?

Because if that is the case i dont go secondary until the 3rd round of this draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.