2017 NFL Mock Drafts & Top Prospects

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly love to have them both.

What scares me about Williams is that he seems almost too tall. Looks like it hurts his suddenness and his ability to get in and out of breaks.

Very competitive, strong hands though. Can really go up and get it. Would certainly be a nice peice to have.

What scares me about Williams is that he seems almost too tall. Looks like it hurts his suddenness and his ability to get in and out of breaks.

Very competitive, strong hands though. Can really go up and get it. Would certainly be a nice peice to have.

His hands are actually my concern. He was clutch in the National Title game but he had his fair share of bad drops this past year.

15: R1P15
CB MARSHON LATTIMORE
OHIO STATE
44: R2P12
S OBI MELIFONWU
UCONN
46: R2P14
TE EVAN ENGRAM
OLE MISS
75: R3P11
WR CURTIS SAMUEL
OHIO STATE
121: R4P14
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS
156: R5P12
LB ALEX ANZALONE
FLORIDA
171: R5P27
WR AMBA ETTA-TAWO
SYRACUSE
195: R6P11
OT DAN SKIPPER
ARKANSAS
traded down with the Colts and picked up their 1st, 2nd, and 4th. If this were our draft I think it would go down as one of the best classes in history. Potential starters at every position of need plus immediate starters at corner, safety, tight end, and receiver

sign me up for this, although I think Skipper is too stiff to play Tackle in our system.

sign me up for this, although I think Skipper is too stiff to play Tackle in our system.

yes, i'd be in love with that draft and if we sign brown. our defense would be legit. engram would be so good as a pass catching tight end. guy is as fast as a wr. be lining up in the slot all day.

Just spitballing:

1 Peppers - LB/S - Michigan

2 Tankersly - CB - Clemson

3 Smith-Schuster - WR - USC

5 Davis - DE - UT-Chattanooga

5 Langley - CB - Lamar

6 Evans - QB - Virginia Tech

I know, I know, not many like Peppers this high, but it just seems like a good fit schematically.

Thoughts?

Peppers is my nightmare. We don't know if the guy is good at football. He is a great athlete but the production doesn't match. The Bills aren't in a position to take a guy that could be terrible in the top 10. Top 10 guys are high floor, high ceiling players with the exception of a QB. QBs sometimes you have to overlook certain issues to secure them because they are bumped up. I would never take a guy in the top 10 that doesn't have Pro Bowl upside and starter downside.

I like a lot of your draft though otherwise. Tankersly in the 2nd feels like a fit.

Peppers is my nightmare. We don't know if the guy is good at football. He is a great athlete but the production doesn't match. The Bills aren't in a position to take a guy that could be terrible in the top 10. Top 10 guys are high floor, high ceiling players with the exception of a QB. QBs sometimes you have to overlook certain issues to secure them because they are bumped up. I would never take a guy in the top 10 that doesn't have Pro Bowl upside and starter downside.

I like a lot of your draft though otherwise. Tankersly in the 2nd feels like a fit.

This is what I have been trying to verbalize about Howard as well. Both he and Peppers at 10 would have me nervous (read as pretty sure they will suck because BBFS) lol

Re: bold - C'mon, I mean I agree he's not a slam dunk elite type prospect, but if anything he's proven that he can play football at a high level all over the field. I think a lot see Peppers as a Shaq Thompson/Troy Polamalu/Tyrann Mathieu type who makes plays and could very well end up a Pro Bowler (not that such a title means anything).

But yeah, agreed that Tankersly seems like great value at 44. Darby, Tankersly, and Seymour CB1-3... OK.

Re: bold - C'mon, I mean I agree he's not a slam dunk elite type prospect, but if anything he's proven that he can play football at a high level all over the field. I think a lot see Peppers as a Shaq Thompson/Troy Polamalu/Tyrann Mathieu type who makes plays and could very well end up a Pro Bowler (not that such a title means anything).

But yeah, agreed that Tankersly seems like great value at 44. Darby, Tankersly, and Seymour CB1-3... OK.

He has one more turnover than I do. He is too small to play LB and doesn't have the hips to play CB. Is he a safety? Could he be this new age hybrid? Maybe, but I am not using a top 10 pick on a guy that has no position and no production. This is the EXACT same thing that I said about Barkevious Mingo when he came out. He checks the box of Pro Bowl upside because of his athleticism but in no way does he check the box of starter downside.

He has one more turnover than I do. He is too small to play LB and doesn't have the hips to play CB. Is he a safety? Could he be this new age hybrid? Maybe, but I am not using a top 10 pick on a guy that has no position and no production. This is the EXACT same thing that I said about Barkevious Mingo when he came out. He checks the box of Pro Bowl upside because of his athleticism but in no way does he check the box of starter downside.

If he's tackling and making plays on the ball, then I'm just as happy to have him returning a punt as returning an interception. I think he very well might be viewed as the new age hybrid type.

If you are saying few interceptions = no production, then I have to disagree. I'd have traded a couple of Gilmore's INTs for some more hard/technically sound tackles.

@SInow

Mock Draft: @ChrisBurke_SI proposes five trades that might make sense in Round 1 http://on.si.com/2nJDdwR

C7iOXimXgAIMEm0.jpg

10. Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio State
Buffalo lost Stephon Gilmore to New England and, as of March 22, still needs a replacement for him atop the depth chart. Lattimore comes with a history of hamstring injuries, but he is a physically assertive cornerback ready-made for NFL success.

If he's tackling and making plays on the ball, then I'm just as happy to have him returning a punt as returning an interception. I think he very well might be viewed as the new age hybrid type.

If you are saying few interceptions = no production, then I have to disagree. I'd have traded a couple of Gilmore's INTs for some more hard/technically sound tackles.

He doesn't tackle and make plays on the ball. He is BAD in coverage which is why people are concerned. He is electric with the ball in his hands. He makes more sense on offense IMO. He may be viewed as a hybrid player but he doesn't have the production in college of someone like the Honey Badger. He is one of the greatest college players that I have ever seen. His instincts and playmaking abilities were absolutely off the charts. Mathieu had 4 INTS, 11 FF, and 8 FR as a freshman & sophomore, Peppers had 1 turnover in 3 seasons!! ​I don't think that people comprehend just how good the Honey Badger was. Those players can't be compared. Mathieu also had a lot more tackles and that is despite the fact that Peppers played in the box.

​When we look at Peppers upside we also have to look at his downside. His floor is REALLY low. He is Mingo. They were both physical freaks with limited production. I would never, ever take a guy like that in the top 10. At the same time I would never take someone like Jake Mathews in the top 10. His upside was too limited for me. He was going to be a solid starter from draft night to retirement but never a difference maker. High floor and high ceiling in the top 10.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

At the same time I would never take someone like Jake Mathews in the top 10. His upside was too limited for me. He was going to be a solid starter from draft night to retirement but never a difference maker. High floor and high ceiling in the top 10.

I would take someone I thought was a solid 10 year starter at left tackle in the top 10. I still value solidity at left tackle and Matthews has been pretty good the past two years. you may recall I was Matthews > Robinson as my #1 LT in that draft.... though the pick of the bunch has been Taylor Lewan who I thought might have to slide inside to guard so I can't claim to have totally nailed it.

He doesn't tackle and make plays on the ball. He is BAD in coverage which is why people are concerned. He is electric with the ball in his hands. He makes more sense on offense IMO. He may be viewed as a hybrid player but he doesn't have the production in college of someone like the Honey Badger. He is one of the greatest college players that I have ever seen. His instincts and playmaking abilities were absolutely off the charts. Mathieu had 4 INTS, 11 FF, and 8 FR as a freshman & sophomore, Peppers had 1 turnover in 3 seasons!! ​I don't think that people comprehend just how good the Honey Badger was. hose players can't be compared. Mathieu also had a lot more tackles and that is despite the fact that Peppers played in the box.

​When we look at Peppers upside we also have to look at his downside. His floor is REALLY low. He is Mingo. They were both physical freaks with limited production. I would never, ever take a guy like that in the top 10. At the same time I would never take someone like Jake Mathews in the top 10. His upside was too limited for me. He was going to be a solid starter from draft night to retirement but never a difference maker. High floor and high ceiling in the top 10.

He also returned a couple punts for touchdowns. He was as electric of a player as I can remember at any level. He was a one man gang.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.