RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5-13: JONATHAN WILLIAMS ON JOHN MURPHY SHOW (9:57)

Jonathan Williams is on air with John Murphy NOW!

Williams: Signing a contract has been a goal of mine since I was a young kid. But there's a lot more that I want to accomplish

Williams on rookie tour: It's a pretty cool city, there's a lot to see and I definitely love the city so far

Williams on W&C hospital visit: It was a cool experience, just being able to see the smiles on kids face put a smile on my face

Williams: This week went really well, the offense isn't hard to pick up because it's similar, it's an easy transition

Williams: As soon as I was drafted I looked up and saw they lead the league in rushing, it's a great fit for me

Williams: I think an underrated part of my game is my explosiveness, I think I can do it all, catch off the back field or long runs

Williams: I think that RB are an underrated part of the offense, I feel that having a solid RB core is important to a teams success

Picking nits here, but, why is he competing for the #3 spot? I like Karlos & all, but, he's suddenly entrenched in the #2 spot and won't be challenged?

Picking nits here, but, why is he competing for the #3 spot? I like Karlos & all, but, he's suddenly entrenched in the #2 spot and won't be challenged?

The Bills always preach open competition so If he outperforms Karlos to take the #2 RB role it will be great for the Bills. He'd better be ready to handle pass protection duties to keep Tyrod upright.

The Bills always preach open competition so If he outperforms Karlos to take the #2 RB role it will be great for the Bills. He'd better be ready to handle pass protection duties to keep Tyrod upright.

Yeah, questioning Dunne's choice of words. Also question why he included Petrino's name in the piece since he was gone from AK before Williams got there. I'm in a nit picking mood today.

I watched all the plays Williams was involved in vs Texas A&M in 2014 (YouTube) - he made some very nice runs in that game. Likewise, I watched all of his plays vs Alabama fr 2014 - Williams was pretty good against a tremendous defense, but what I noticed from that video was Reggie Ragland making a bunch of plays.

Our RB depth overall looks to be outstanding this year. :thumbsup:

It does appear as so .

:D

I watched all the plays Williams was involved in vs Texas A&M in 2014 (YouTube) - he made some very nice runs in that game. Likewise, I watched all of his plays vs Alabama fr 2014 - Williams was pretty good against a tremendous defense, but what I noticed from that video was Reggie Ragland making a bunch of plays.

Good news on both fronts !

I've heard rave reviews for Williams thus far. Take that fwiw but apparently he is off to a great start.

Absolutely will take it !!

The thing about this kid that is really impressive is his balance......he takes hits and keeps his feet....

This is the kind of player that you find when you stay true to your board.......he did not fill a IMMEDIATE need.....but should have been drafted much earlier.

Edited by John from Hemet

• 3 weeks later...

The thing about this kid that is really impressive is his balance......he takes hits and keeps his feet....

This is the kind of player that you find when you stay true to your board.......he did not fill a IMMEDIATE need.....but should have been drafted much earlier.

I like it. Ground and Pound works for me. I like all the artistry and big plays the aerial attack provides but if you can run on a team you can throw it all day!

Yeah, questioning Dunne's choice of words. Also question why he included Petrino's name in the piece since he was gone from AK before Williams got there. I'm in a nit picking mood today.

Even AR fans want to forget the John L. Smith year :lol:

I like it. Ground and Pound works for me. I like all the artistry and big plays the aerial attack provides but if you can run on a team you can throw it all day!

I like the fact that the ball is being thrown downfield more......running with power to set up the deep ball was a key ingredient of what made football fun in the 1960's and 70's and so compelling in those NFL films.

The west coast offense has it's moments but the deep ball and long td's are the HR's of football.

I like the fact that the ball is being thrown downfield more......running with power to set up the deep ball was a key ingredient of what made football fun in the 1960's and 70's and so compelling in those NFL films.

The west coast offense has it's moments but the deep ball and long td's are the HR's of football.

Agreed. As you've mentioned WR2 that can take the top off would be great. I think Shady will be here through 2017 but I am excited about J Williams in the following years.