RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

Pete Prisco from CBS agrees . . . but not so much about the whole draft:

Buffalo Bills - C

Prisco's analysis: "If you love Lawson and second-round linebacker Reggie Ragland, this is a good draft. If you don't, and I don't, it's just OK. That's why I rate this as an average draft."

Best pick: Jonathan Williams, RB . Questionable move: Shaq Lawson in first round. Third-day gem: Kolby Listenbee , WR.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we made a mistake like this years ago. Injury riddled running back. Bad knee. Missed a whole year. His name was Thurmal. Not sure whatever happened to him.

ps...Love this pick.

Pete Prisco from CBS agrees . . . but not so much about the whole draft:

Buffalo Bills - C

Prisco's analysis: "If you love Lawson and second-round linebacker Reggie Ragland, this is a good draft. If you don't, and I don't, it's just OK. That's why I rate this as an average draft."

Best pick: Jonathan Williams, RB . Questionable move: Shaq Lawson in first round. Third-day gem: Kolby Listenbee , WR.

Based on this, I am predicting Lawson will win DROY, and Ragland will be runner up. Unfortunately, Jonathan Williams is likely to bust. Edited by mannc

The more I read about this guy the more I think he'll be the feature back after shady moves on in a couple years

If the two Williams light it up, it may be a one way ticket for Shady from Buffalo in 2017.

If the two Williams light it up, it may be a one way ticket for Shady from Buffalo in 2017.

For reasons discussed at length in other threads, unless he suffers a career-threatening injury in 2016 the earliest the Bills will move on from Shady is 2018.

Just watched his highlights. He seems like a good fit for Romans offense. He looks to get downhill, has good vision, power, is elusive and shiftyness. It seems the only thing he lacks is top end speed.

McCoys top end isn't blazing either. Not as important for a RBs.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Without ever losing speed. He's sick.

when he is on, he is Very on.

Signing Glenn and Cogs will give him some faith to follow the play as drawn up.

Kind of exciting for me to think of Bills running game next year

Just watched his highlights. He seems like a good fit for Romans offense. He looks to get downhill, has good vision, power, is elusive and shiftyness. It seems the only thing he lacks is top end speed.

So you're saying he's the anti-CJ Spiller.

I think the Bills keep Shady, Karlos, and their backups JWilliams and James Wilder. Felton and Gronk are fighting for one spot unless they make Gronk the 3rd TE.

I have a hunch this is where he'll end up.

For reasons discussed at length in other threads, unless he suffers a career-threatening injury in 2016 the earliest the Bills will move on from Shady is 2018.

Tha would be the best financial decision for the Bills. Besides, by 2018 Shady should lose a step. I know that's cold, but he will be special for only so long in this role. We can enjoy three good years and we have back ups.