RD 5, Pick 156: RB Jonathan Williams, Arkansas

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BIlls are the ones that signed him to that contract...what would that say about them?

It says they had an opportunity to get a top back to be their workhorse for a few years and they took it.

Do you see Shady in a Bills uniform for another 4 years? I don't.

I'm just gonna bold that...for hilarity's sake.

With Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods BOTH on this team already, this is perhaps the most obtuse statement I've ever seen at Two Bills Drive, including PPP.

big word there obtuse.

Woods is a bum and lots of people on here think we need a WR. I like this pick but there is more to football than overloading are defense which didn't have any holes except Marrio's departure, which was filled nicely with Lawson, but Ragland struggles in space and if they want to use him to blitz then they should have went with Correa. Also like Washington but we have TWO probowl DTs and a turnstyle at RT and anyone we get now is not likely to help us at any position.

Whaley has gone full retard now.

People don't have to agree about talent evaluation or play calling or whatever, but this kind of mindless knee-jerk name calling - what value do you think it adds here?

If you know something about the guy and you think it's a bad choice for educated reasons, state what they are

Otherwise, why not STFU?

No it doesn't.

If they cut him after next year they eat 5 mil in dead money, that's a drop in the bucket. Factor in the ever rising salary cap and it's even less of an impact. The contract looks pretty easy to understand, 3 years of running him into then ground then send him out to pasture. Edited by Commonsense

big word there obtuse.

Woods is a bum and lots of people on here think we need a WR. I like this pick but there is more to football than overloading are defense which didn't have any holes except Marrio's departure, which was filled nicely with Lawson, but Ragland struggles in space and if they want to use him to blitz then they should have went with Correa. Also like Washington but we have TWO probowl DTs and a turnstyle at RT and anyone we get now is not likely to help us at any position.

I haven't seen anybody but you say WR is a need.

Moreover, you said what you said: "lack of talent at WR". That is no different than saying: "Please use the word obtuse in a sentence".

There are lots of holes and concerns on offense and defense.

LB, S, CB, WR, TE, OL.

This fully pregnant baby is going to be 5.5 pounds!...hint hint

Ragland and Brown elevate the LB corps

They obviously feel very comfortable with Blanton at safety -- time will tell

They're fine at CB

They're fine at TE

They just got a good WR prospect and have 9 already on the roster

OL is still a concern, expect it to be addressed post June cuts.

It's easy to have great eyes and awareness when your line is blowing open holes that big.

Well i cannot argue that Tom, but I watched it a couple times and its seems he had the vision pick his path and was well prepared for contact. Knows where the first down marker is and when to step out. Alos seem efficient with hi use of energy.

Sure the NFL is going to be much bigger and quicker, but the Coaching and trainers will help him.

I am far far from any RB expert, but i do have a sense this kid has very real potential.

Do you have some suspicions or see glaring weaknesses ? I would be pleased to learn more of him !

you mean the thread on WRs

No, I mean I've seen people point out that we could use one...but not as a "need".

Need isn't "nice to have". I can't stand these analyses that list positions: C, WR, DT....as if merely listing the position means the need is the same. :rolleyes: When we had Lee Evans, and nobody, we had a need at WR.

I fail to see how WR on this team even compares/comes close to that need.

By definition, these two situations are NOT the same.

Therefore, slapping WR onto our "draft needs" and pretending it's the same is patently retarded.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

No, I mean I've seen people point out that we could use one...but not as a "need".

Need isn't "nice to have". I can't stand these analyses that list positions: C, WR, DT....as if merely listing the position means the need is the same. :rolleyes: When we had Lee Evans, and nobody, we had a need at WR.

I fail to see how WR on this team even compares/comes close to that need.

By definition, these two situations are NOT the same.

Therefore, slapping WR onto our "draft needs" and pretending it's the same is patently retarded.

Yawn

A disaster?

04ca4fb9-194e-47fe-8fc8-adb5790a8e78-201

Brah... Come on. Now you're just trying to be crazy.

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is essentially a conversation with one actual poster and his 2 sock puppets...interspersed with a few other genuine posters?

Whaley has gone full retard now.

Lots of great soundbites. Maybe you should support your positions with actual facts and stuff. I mean, I know facts are tough things, but let's hear them!

I haven't seen anybody but you say WR is a need.

Moreover, you said what you said: "lack of talent at WR". That is no different than saying: "Please use the word obtuse in a sentence".

OK, I'll say it. I think WR is a need. We have Watkins, Woods, and the oft-injured member of the 2016 Olympics squad. Hogan has moved on, Easley was never all-that-and-chips as a WR and may not be back this year. I also think there are still WR out there and will be more.

That said, at this stage of the draft, Whaley's emerging signature is to comb the late rounds for what they see as sleeper, high risk/high reward guys. That's how we got Seantrel Henderson and Karlos Williams. Players like Cardale Jones (all the talent in the world, ?s about his work habits and committment) and Jonathan Williams (?s due to broken foot last season, 1000 yds previous season) fit that signature.

Yawn

Yeah, great comeback.

We ended up taking a WR...just now. And they are talking about us taking him as a great BPA pick...noplace did they say we had a Need. If anything, they said we had great talent at WR...and that this guy was going to get a chance to develop/situation guy/special teams guy.

Compare that with Shaq is a "first day starter". Then, tell me more about "need". :rolleyes:

OK.

Now compare Clay's pedestrian numbers vs. Gronk's elite offensive numbers throughout their NFL careers.

Now compare salaries.

:doh:

Compare salaries? So when you say something totally off base you just change the topic of what you originally brought to the table. No thanks I'm not hungry for foolishness.

OK, I'll say it. I think WR is a need. We have Watkins, Woods, and the oft-injured member of the 2016 Olympics squad. Hogan has moved on, Easley was never all-that-and-chips as a WR and may not be back this year. I also think there are still WR out there and will be more.

That said, at this stage of the draft, Whaley's emerging signature is to comb the late rounds for what they see as sleeper, high risk/high reward guys. That's how we got Seantrel Henderson and Karlos Williams. Players like Cardale Jones (all the talent in the world, ?s about his work habits and committment) and Jonathan Williams (?s due to broken foot last season, 1000 yds previous season) fit that signature.

Compare our WRs today...to Lee Evans and...?(otherwise known for 4 years as: Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish.) :lol:

Then tell me that we have an actual NEED at WR. Please. It's not even close. You always want quality players, espeically in today's game, on the outside positions. But, by that definition, we might as well put CB, WR, TE, and DE as "needs" for every draft, forever.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Compare salaries? So when you say something totally off base you just change the topic of what you originally brought to the table. No thanks I'm not hungry for foolishness.

If you can't realize they are two totally different players even with injuries then I don't know what to say.

Clay is an injury prone player putting up middle tier AT BEST offensive numbers making tier 1 TE money.

Gronk is injury prone although less than Clay, putting up ELITE offensive numbers making tier 1 TE money.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

People don't have to agree about talent evaluation or play calling or whatever, but this kind of mindless knee-jerk name calling - what value do you think it adds here?

If you know something about the guy and you think it's a bad choice for educated reasons, state what they are

Otherwise, why not STFU?

Generally reading the comments this draft week makes me think that people are generally stupid, or at least go "full retard" whenever they approach a keyboard. I'm amazed at how many people think of the success of a draft in terms of what a player can do THIS YEAR vs. planning for the future.

I don't profess to know much about the draft or evaluating players, but I do know abou the Bills, their needs, and their needs 2 or 3 down the road.

Do you want to be successful? Plan ahead.

might as well go all in now, as long as we ignore the hole at RT and lack of talent at WR we are golden to become the Buddy Ryan Eagles.

Yeah, they really should have addressed RT and even depth at guard. Same old song by a different band.

I don't however think that this selection was a bad one. We might need this kid sooner than later due to injuries.

Odd choice because of the depth there but he can play.

I hate to pass on a DL value in this draft but without the running game Roman's offense falls apart completely and McCoy is breaking down and Karlos is in that Percy Harvin category......dangerous but one play from retirement. Gillislee is the most likely back to give you close to a full season and that just isn't enough. Any mock draft I completed without a late RB just hasn't felt right. You don't need a great RB to make it roll but they gotta' be willing to cut the ball up inside the hashes when it's there like MG and Karlos. That's where the HR's are in this rush offense. This is that kind of guy.