RD 4, Pick 139: QB Cardale Jones, Ohio State

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup. Developmental QB with a high ceiling -- what's not to love?

Not every player evaluation is equal.

The draft is always good for knowing who to block.

I reject this idea that there has to be a universal opinion on player evals. And that folks who disagree should be blocked.

I reject this idea that there has to be a universal opinion on player evals. And that folks who disagree should be blocked.

disagreeing is not the problem. It's the arrogance that fans here know more than GMs and just hate everything the Bills do

Not every player evaluation is equal.

Meaning what in relation to this topic? The team needed a QB just by virtue of the numbers on the roster so far. Jones is not a threat to Taylor this year, he's going to get coached up by a couple really solid positional coaches and an OC who knows how to develop guys. I like this setup for Jones and for the Bills. If he works out, fantastic.

And here we go, another year of offseason QB controversy.

How so?

You don't draft Cardale Jones with the last pick in the 4th round to start him.

Tyrod is the unquestioned #1 on this team. Cardale was drafted to sit behind him and learn.

The writing is now on the wall for EJ Manuel however.

I would say this is the happiest I've been with a draft we had in the first four rounds since I can remember. 3 need positions, all projected to go higher, all can play multiple positions especially in Rex's scheme. Now we get the most physically gifted QB in the draft who showed 2 years ago he has the ability to dominate the best college competition in the land. He will take some time, but great fit for Roman, lot's of potential upside and no need to rush. This draft is lights out.

Makes sense.........obviously they're moving on from EJ (first round money) to Cardale (4th round money). Seems like it's almost a pseudo cap move. I would expect EJ will be released is they can save any money by doing so.

not this year