Tyrod Taylor and Chad Kelly - Happiest Men in the World

How many Qbs were thought to be first round picks before their last season in college and then fell In the draft (Cool and Hackenberg just in this draft)?

Let's settle down on Chad for a bit. And hopefully he has matured because you don't find many people in Buffalo who have good things to say about him.

1. Tyrod Taylor, because it is now obvious that the Bills will not have any kind of successor in waiting. Even if they take a flyer on a mid-late rounder, the consensus will be that the guy is, at best, a project who'll need a couple years of seasoning. Tyrod now officially has the Bills over a barrel. All he has to do is play adequately and stay healthy and he'll be cashing a big check.

2. Chad Kelly. Because if Tyrod does neither of the above, the Bills will be pulling off a Rams-type deal to mortgage the future for Jim Kelly's nephew, official QB of the future, c. April 2017 ...

Hey, who needed to draft a QB when there's a guy with a bad shoulder and a guy with an enlarged aorta still on the board!

I'll bet you hated it when they took Thurman and his bum knee.

Exactly, He's the last guy you want to daft, way too much pressure on him particularly in Buffalo. Coupled with some of his recent actions says he may not be the best guy to deal with pressure well.

If Chad Kelly's last name was Smith, or something along those lines, everyone would be saying he likely has a 3rd or 4th round grade.

I agree. And as you note, that's the problem. Bills management always thinks they're just a role player or two away from really competing. I mean, not just competing to make the playoff; competing to win in the playoffs. And all objective information would suggest that this is simply not true. They're in a real salary cap bind after this year, they're not anywhere near the upper echelon teams this year, and yet ... the same.

And yes, I would draft Chad Kelly, but I'd also be thinking now about what the plan is for 2017 and beyond and figuring out how to get there, whether it's Kelly or someone else.

thats not true we have $50 mill to play with next season. Only thing holding this team back from competing is the lack of continuity n chemistry on offense (fixed this off-season) and coaching on Defense n the players learning the playbook. (dont know if that one will ever be fixed),,,

I agree. And as you note, that's the problem. Bills management always thinks they're just a role player or two away from really competing. I mean, not just competing to make the playoff; competing to win in the playoffs. And all objective information would suggest that this is simply not true. They're in a real salary cap bind after this year, they're not anywhere near the upper echelon teams this year, and yet ... the same.

And yes, I would draft Chad Kelly, but I'd also be thinking now about what the plan is for 2017 and beyond and figuring out how to get there, whether it's Kelly or someone else.

Look at the salary cap situation for next year. It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you make comments like that one

Walter has Chad as the 3rd best QB for 2017 draft. 2nd -4th rd

if he's the 3rd best qb than why is he 2nd or 4th round?

the top 3 qbs go before 2nd in most cases.

top 5 go before 3rd round is over.

Edited by Boyst62

Walter has Chad as the 3rd best QB for 2017 draft. 2nd -4th rd

Those things change so much. I remember before the 2003 collegiate season, Losman was rated the #1 QB by BLESTO.