2016 draft rounds 2 & 3 around the league

Beerball

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have been SO HAPPY! My initial reaction was to blast the Ragland pick because I really, really, really thought we needed Reed for the middle of our defense. At least Whaley tried.

I was hoping all day that we would have been able to trade back in and grab Reed & Ragland

Well...

You have to add that to the completion % though...I'm telling you...Just for kicks try to find a modern day NFL QB who has had solid success that did not hit 59% completions in any single College season...Just try...The kid is up against some enormous odds...And the whole "they asked him to pass deep a lot" excuse only goes so far... B-)

Been saying this exact thing in other threads. To me, it was quite obvious Cook was not a top QB prospect. A no show in big games, low completion percentage, not even named a Captain of his own team in college even though he was a 3 year starter at a vital position...all huge red flags to me. Sure, he dominated some crap teams but he rarely did anything against his best competition and unlike Hackenberg he had an offensive line protecting him.

yeah. I hate Sparty more than anyone but watched him for 3 years and the kid is better pro prospect than Jacoby Brissett and Cody Kessler. Just sayin! I hate Sparty but it's true.

I've been on Kessler since last summer. I think he is the most underrated QB in the class. High 60s completion % each year, great TD/Int ratios, tremendous accuracy. A lot of people put too much emphasis on arm strength around here when accuracy is more important than arm strength in the NFL. I must say though, I am surprised and disappointed he went this early. Great pick by the Browns.

Maybe it's me and my untrained eye but I really don't get why people don't like the Washington pick. He looks like a beast in tape (all I've seen is in highlights). I even hear people complaining that Reed was really needed to play NT. I don't get the difference. They are both the same height and Reed is 6Lbs heavier. Hell, I just added 6lbs being in vacation for a week. It's really not that big of a difference. So if Reed would be a great NT then Washington shouldn't be far off.

Again. It's just the tape I watch but I don't understand why so much hate for Washington but so much love for Reed.

Maybe it's me and my untrained eye but I really don't get why people don't like the Washington pick. He looks like a beast in tape (all I've seen is in highlights). I even hear people complaining that Reed was really needed to play NT. I don't get the difference. They are both the same height and Reed is 6Lbs heavier. Hell, I just added 6lbs being in vacation for a week. It's really not that big of a difference. So if Reed would be a great NT then Washington shouldn't be far off.

Again. It's just the tape I watch but I don't understand why so much hate for Washington but so much love for Reed.

I don't mind the Washington pick but Reed is much better at getting leverage and staying balanced.

I don't mind the Washington pick but Reed is much better at getting leverage and staying balanced.

having only watched highlights. I'll take that answer.

But another thing really occurred to me is that even if Washington is more suited to play DE. Guess who will most likely be gone in a year... Everyone's favorite injured DL, Kyle Williams. Washington will take his spot and next year we will draft a bigger and more suited NT if that's the case.

I almost posted last night that I would've rather stay put and trade the picks to come up from 3rd into that talent pool around 50

But if they saw a big drop after Ragland they will do what they think they need to and get the guy. I'm ok how it played out, just a different option that after reading graham figured I'd post

Do you still think that after the Jones pick?

I know Jones is not at all ready this year.

Yes. Jones is an incredible long shot and being willing to wait that long means they were ok walking out of this with none of the guys.