Round 2 Projections

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm starting to think trade back into round 2; grab a DT & LB and finally a late round OT and call it a day. If Taylor flames out, our pick will be high anyways trade up and get the best guy net year. Our D will be mostly rebuilt and possibly only need safety and possibly right side OL help...

As much as I would love a #2 WR, we have Watkins, Shady, Woods and Clay and are a run first offense - I suppose we could wait on that. If you could get Jarren Reed and Ragland, do it and call it a day

This. Although id like to see us pick up Ragland and Jack and get Reader in the 4th along w an OL. I think getting Lawson, Jack, Ragland and Reader. Would be a win

We need a mofo at safety/LB that can cover and put some fear into pass catchers, but wouldn't rule out a QB in 2nd round. Ragland seems too similar to Preston Brown.

Thats how I feel too. Get your S/OLB hybird that can cover TEs. We already have a Ragland.

Edited by DrDareustein

I would stay away from Jack (and Jaylin Smith). While the upside is high, you might end up with nothing at all.

I would like to see them lean right into the strength of the draft and nab a DL (they plan to play Lawson at OLB) like: Jones, Reed, Robinson, Billings and maybe Dodd or Ogbah.

If Ragland is available, I would be happy with him.

Correa would be nice as another OLB, but may be redundant with Jerry Hughes and Shaq Lawson (and Manny Lawson in reserve).

I'm not a Big Cravens fan as I am not sure where he would play.

I would prefer to bolster the defense before looking at offense, primarily because I think the BPA will be on defense.

I don't think Cook or Hackenberg are the answer at QB, but they each have enough talent to consider. There might be a WR available that could help, but they likely won't be as good a prospect as several who could be available on D.

I feel like we can still get a NT later in the draft. I'd go Cravens or Perry in the 2nd. Wouldn't be opposed to a WR

I think they plan to play Lawson at OLB and I'm not sure Perry or Cravens would be good ILBs (though I know others think that Cravens is a great fit at WILB).

@NFL_CFB

Rounds 2-3 mock (via @LanceZierlein) 38. #Jaguars: Myles Jack 51. #Jets: Connor Cook FULL: http://on.nfl.com/26B1Cmc

ChOMuZ3WUAARCXQ.jpg

PICK 49

BUF.png

Jonathan Bullard - DE, Florida

Not a sexy pick, but has the ability to play along the line of scrimmage and can get to the other side of the line.

80. Buffalo Bills: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (They won't do it IMO)

Doesn't seem like a Rd 2 guy. Also, not sure what he could deliver that Robert Woods can't. Hell, he might be older than Woods.

he is not currently mocked in rd 2 - round 3 is earliest and I think he is actually more valuable as a 4th round pick

@NFL_CFB

Rounds 2-3 mock (via @LanceZierlein) 38. #Jaguars: Myles Jack 51. #Jets: Connor Cook FULL: http://on.nfl.com/26B1Cmc

ChOMuZ3WUAARCXQ.jpg

PICK 49BUF.png

Jonathan Bullard - DE, Florida

Not a sexy pick, but has the ability to play along the line of scrimmage and can get to the other side of the line.

80. Buffalo Bills: Roberto Aguayo, K, Florida State (They won't do it IMO)

Actually, I forgot to include Bullard in my list. I would be very happy to have him as a DE who can also slide inside on passing downs.

I would not pick a K that early - especially one from FLA to come kick in WNY.

Edited by OldTimer1960

If he's still there, I pick Jyles Mack and don't look back. We could pick Jihad Ward and declare holy war on the AFC East.

Normally, you put 32 doctors in a room, you'll get 32 different opinions. The fact that it appears all 32 team docs are all in agreement in unheard of and very damning. Extremely bad for him, but in a draft with so many good, healthy players still available, you just don't waste the pick.