RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

It wouldn't make any sense to do anything other than wait until he's 100% healthy and ready to go.

I agree with you and the guy with the funny/creepy costume.

In your humble opinion if he is healthy and field ready in week 8 but we are already toast and Rex is a looking like a goner, would you hold him out the rest of the year? Is there any point in inserting him into a system that won't be in place come 2017? Would reps help him grow as a pro just because they're reps or is growth scheme specific?

Personally I think leaving him out makes more sense as much as I'd like to see him. I don't think they will though because Rex will try to go all out in the games with Lawson in an effort to show his scheme is still viable if he has "his players". It won't work but the injury risk to a first round rookie will be back in play. I am normally not in favor of firing a coach mid season but getting a new plan in place for the following year probably makes sense in this particular scenario. Our bye is after week 9 which is interesting timing. If it were after week 4 there is no way of letting go then.

By the way Mike, I find this creepy and recommend a new hobby:

51NhtW9exnL._SX300_.jpg

I don't know why they didn't tell him/he decided not to wear the brace. Maybe he never had to use one during non-contact drills in college? Maybe the Bills wanted to see how he did without it since they didn't have a pre-draft visit with him to test him out?

But if the plan all-along was for him to have surgery before the season, why talk about how he's a day 1 starter and why wait 3 weeks to get it done? Maybe eMoulds has/can get an answer?

First of all, Whaley called all of his first 3 picks "day one starters".

Second, the obvious answer is that there was no way Whaley was going to pick Lawson and then mosey up to the podium in his post draft press conf and tell us that they were scheduling him for elective surgery and he might not play until November. So they send him out without the brace and, presto....the "tweak" heard 'round Western NY.

First of all, Whaley called all of his first 3 picks "day one starters".

Second, the obvious answer is that there was no way Whaley was going to pick Lawson and then mosey up to the podium in his post draft press conf and tell us that they were scheduling him for elective surgery and he might not play until November. So they send him out without the brace and, presto....the "tweak" heard 'round Western NY.

Has this level of supposed corruption and deceit endeared Whaley to you? Because over time it has seemed you are attracted to that sort of thing.

Has this level of supposed corruption and deceit endeared Whaley to you? Because over time it has seemed you are attracted to that sort of thing.

No way.. This guy is a rank amateur in that department. He'll never be any good at it.

I agree with you and the guy with the funny/creepy costume.

In your humble opinion if he is healthy and field ready in week 8 but we are already toast and Rex is a looking like a goner, would you hold him out the rest of the year? Is there any point in inserting him into a system that won't be in place come 2017? Would reps help him grow as a pro just because they're reps or is growth scheme specific?

Personally I think leaving him out makes more sense as much as I'd like to see him. I don't think they will though because Rex will try to go all out in the games with Lawson in an effort to show his scheme is still viable if he has "his players". It won't work but the injury risk to a first round rookie will be back in play. I am normally not in favor of firing a coach mid season but getting a new plan in place for the following year probably makes sense in this particular scenario. Our bye is after week 9 which is interesting timing. If it were after week 4 there is no way of letting go then.

By the way Mike, I find this creepy and recommend a new hobby:

51NhtW9exnL._SX300_.jpg

Not into furries?

unfortunately, it's a fact that ethics have become passé in modern day America and especially the nfl but it goes beyond the pale to actually argue that lying is good.

Funny how you're obsessed about a possible lie by a football team manager, but could care less when it's done by someone with a more important job.

High level of corruption and deceit? Clearly most NFL GM's only, always tell the truth. o_O

Funny how you're obsessed about a possible lie by a football team manager, but could care less when it's done by someone with a more important job.

disagree. but you appear to have a double standard for lying in this particular forum. brady and blechick lying is bad. whaley lying is good. I think it's bad all the time.

disagree. but you appear to have a double standard for lying in this particular forum. brady and blechick lying is bad. whaley lying is good. I think it's bad all the time.

I'm sorry, but in what world is a GM spinning a story for PR purposes the same thing as a coach and player conspiring to cheat the rules of actual game play?

I'm sorry, but in what world is a GM spinning a story for PR purposes the same thing as a coach and player conspiring to cheat the rules of actual game play?

It's exactly the same. Kind of like spleen and shoulder surgery

I'm guessing the same world where spleen surgery and labrum surgery are comparable.

It's exactly the same. Kind of like spleen and shoulder surgery

:w00t::lol:

Sorry. I'd just like to convert you over from the dark side, that's all.

No need. I'm on your side. I just point out the BS, that's all. I understand some people don't like having their noses rubbed in their own poop, but hopefully they will post more carefully.

Of course, for many, I hope they don't!

it won't surprise you that I see it completely differently. lying to your fans is actually worse than lying FOR your fans to win. at least they meet their desired ends by less than virtuous means. they're all bad acts but i'd say whaley's is worse. no good comes from it.

Edited by birdog1960

it won't surprise you that I see it completely differently. lying to your fans is actually worse than lying FOR your fans to win. at least they meet their desired ends by less than virtuous means. they're all bad acts but i'd say whaley's is worse. no good comes from it.

So, by that logic, winning by way of cheating is good -- so long as you don't get caught.

What was that you were saying about ethics earlier? :rolleyes:

Which is worse, a lie in real time or a lie in retrospect?

GO BILLS!!!