RD 1, Pick 19: DE Shaq Lawson, Clemson University

Beerball

The Patriots are just an example of the modern trend towards quick-strike, spread-the-defense passing attacks that dominate today's NFL. The "run and stop the run" approach is outdated, as is the Al Davis size/speed approach to drafting...

Negative

This is the scheme that Seattle uses and have been a playoff team for a while now......

For that matter.....Denver?

If only, if ONLY Whales would listen to reason... you know, like the kind that's oozing from TSW in every thread. We'd have at least seven Lombardis housed at OBD now doubt.

Maybe not, but i guarantee that harnessing the collective wisdom of TBD and TSW would have resulted in at least as many playoff appearances as OBD has produced in the past 16 years. So there's that.

What you said was the Bills are using an antiquated approach that no longer works. So if you don't think it's because of Rex you must think that it is Whaley. I think that's worse really.

The Bills traded for a running back, gave him a huge raise, and drafted two run defenders with their top two picks. Blame whomever you want but they're going against the grain of the modern NFL.

Maybe not, but i guarantee that harnessing the collective wisdom of TBD and TSW would have resulted in at least as many playoff appearances as OBD has produced in the past 16 years. So there's that.

They could have also been in LA or Toronto with such great wisdom. :lol:

So it's the Bills' strong performance on the field the last 16 years, despite never making a postseason appearance, that's responsible for them remaining in Buffalo? Please explain.

The Bills traded for a running back, gave him a huge raise, and drafted two run defenders with their top two picks. Blame whomever you want but they're going against the grain of the modern NFL.

they are.

trends shift.

ahead of the next curve?

Lets hope Bills are timing this correctly.

Alert! Broken sarcasm meter on TSW!

I thought we were too cheap to option for the upgrade. maybe on the next design, a dashboard could include the reviled and yet daunting " sarcasm meter"

I like gauges over warning lights. when the warning light comes on, something bad has already occurred

The modern NFL doesn't need to stop the run?

In 2013 we were also one of the best at stopping the pass while amassing 57 sacks in the process. We were also one of the worst at stopping the run. How did that turn out?

This idea that stopping the run is not as important as it used to be completely misses the mark.

GO BILLS!!!

388 likes

48m

billsfanaticsBREAKING: Per Source, there is a NEW report that Shaq Lawson has recently re-aggravated a shoulder injury at practice and will have to undergo shoulder surgery this offseason. This report has not yet been verified by the Buffalo Bills. We treat this information as a rumor and are unsure ourselves, more to come.

--

#BillsFanatics #BillsMafia

#BuffaloBills #ShaqLawson

view all 38 comments

It's just the bills fanatics Instagram.. But it's going with the trend we have heard.

388 likes

48m

billsfanaticsBREAKING: Per Source, there is a NEW report that Shaq Lawson has recently re-aggravated a shoulder injury at practice and will have to undergo shoulder surgery this offseason. This report has not yet been verified by the Buffalo Bills. We treat this information as a rumor and are unsure ourselves, more to come.

--

#BillsFanatics #BillsMafia

#BuffaloBills #ShaqLawson

view all 38 comments

It's just the bills fanatics Instagram.. But it's going with the trend we have heard.

Yup sounds like Manny to start the season. This is why we don't have nice things. Thanks for the heads up by eMoulds. I'm already to the acceptance part of the grieving.

It's just typical Bills if true. Lol no wonder the guy dropped. Seems some teams knew something the Bills obviously didn't.

It was reaggravated during practice. Do other teams have crystal balls? He was flagged by only one team for a follow up at the combine. It's not as if there were a bunch worried. His drop was never fully explained but many had him being picked by the Bears at 11 so his drop was not that big. The Bears just really wanted Floyd (thus the move up). Outside of the Bears not taking him, I'm not sure why it was considered a big drop.

I want to hold out to believe it before it's official, considering what the source is.. But this is falling into place like many played it out.

It seems legit considering this and eMoulds record + dire prediction. I was really excited to see his play too. I think Lawson can hold down the fort for a bit, but its obviously not what I wanted.

Didn't Shefter report he will need surgery eventually to repair his shoulder that will require 4-6 months of recovery time? Not much of a surprise that he needs it now if the report is true.

That might have something to do with why he dropped....

Shefter did report it and it was shot down by our organization and Lawson. He hurt it during a practice so yes that is surprising. See my points above about the drop but it seems to me that the Bears wanted Floyd which meant Lawson fell into our lap. It was not a huge drop (could have been but we'll never know). I would also say the Bears really wanted Floyd which is why they traded up to get him rather than they didn't like Lawson.

Shefter did report it and it was shot down by our organization and Lawson. He hurt it during a practice so yes that is surprising. See my points above about the drop but it seems to me that the Bears wanted Floyd which meant Lawson fell into our lap. It was not a huge drop (could have been but we'll never know). I would also say the Bears really wanted Floyd which is why they traded up to get him rather than they didn't like Lawson.

schefter reported he would need it at some point. The Bills and Lawson said he didn't need it right now. They never said he wouldn't need it eventually. That was at the time of the draft. Schefter was never wrong. It was either do it now or do it later. He can play with a brace, or have the surgery. Shaq probably thinks he can just play with the brace. The Bills probably would rather just get it done and Not have him play with a brace. Edited by YoloinOhio