All Hail Doug Whaley! Look At All He's Done!

Astrobot

wow, all the Doug love - still no playoffs, don't expect them this year either, not as long as Sexy Rexy and long hair are here.

yup, I'm saying wanna make the playoffs, fire sexy Rexy, the long hair and make Roman the head coach.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, all the Doug love - still no playoffs, don't expect them this year either, not as long as Sexy Rexy and long hair are here.

yup, I'm saying wanna make the playoffs, fire sexy Rexy, the long hair and make Roman the head coach.

What does any of what you want have to do with Doug Whaley and stacking the roster with talent?

We will see this season. If they do good, great. 7-9 wins, we will probably get one more kick at it. Whaley will get a shot to come out of the Tyrod/QB situation, Rex Ryan one more shot.

I think it is very possible the wheels come off this season. If they do, I think it is important for them to cleanse the all the dead weight and failure in the front office and build from the top down. Maybe be at the bottom for a year or 2 while fixing the cap, and acquiring picks.

I really wish they could have hired Andy Reid to run the show when the time came. Someone like that.

Wait...what??

Wait...what??

While we were putzing around with the Brandon/Whaley/Marrone show, the Chiefs hired Reid to run their football program and he is 31-17 in 3 years, and made the playoffs 2x. That was coming off a 2-14 Kansas City season.

still putzing.

I am a confessed Whaley fan and I think he has done a pretty good job here. I think he takes some blame for Rex but not the lions share - that is on Terry and Kim for being conned by the snakeoil salesman.

But despite liking him I will hold off hailing him until we at least make a post season. A division title would be nice....

As for whether he survives a non play-off seasn this year it depends how it goes down. If they spend picks this weekend retooling for a Rex "fully pregnant" defense and it is the defense that keeps us from the play-offs I think Whaley would survive and Rex would be canned.

If Rex's defense performs, Tyrod is worked out or misses time and our QB weakness and offense sink us then Whaley is in trouble IMO.

If we totally stink... 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 then they are both dead men walking.

I am a confessed Whaley fan and I think he has done a pretty good job here. I think he takes some blame for Rex but not the lions share - that is on Terry and Kim for being conned by the snakeoil salesman.

But despite liking him I will hold off hailing him until we at least make a post season. A division title would be nice....

As for whether he survives a non play-off seasn this year it depends how it goes down. If they spend picks this weekend retooling for a Rex "fully pregnant" defense and it is the defense that keeps us from the play-offs I think Whaley would survive and Rex would be canned.

If Rex's defense performs, Tyrod is worked out or misses time and our QB weakness and offense sink us then Whaley is in trouble IMO.

If we totally stink... 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 then they are both dead men walking.

Nah they wont be fired that quick, but if Taylor sinks the Bills are in trouble

Buddy Nix has nothing to do with EJ still being on the team in 2016 though, DW owns that 100%. Not knowing when to cut your losses and move on is the sign of a weak GM. Not being able to cut your losses and move on due to salary cap mismanagement is also the sign of a weak GM.

let byrd walk. limp away

We will see this season. If they do good, great. 7-9 wins, we will probably get one more kick at it. Whaley will get a shot to come out of the Tyrod/QB situation, Rex Ryan one more shot.

I think it is very possible the wheels come off this season. If they do, I think it is important for them to cleanse the all the dead weight and failure in the front office and build from the top down. Maybe be at the bottom for a year or 2 while fixing the cap, and acquiring picks.

I really wish they could have hired Andy Reid to run the show when the time came. Someone like that.

His knees were shot at the time

some folks must stressed on draft day.

I think EJ still being here had more to do with his guaranteed contract than anything else. They don't save anything by letting him go, and would have to pay someone else to do the same job.

That, and they have no money to sign a vet back up. if there even was a decent one available. A 8-8 team for this year anyways, in cap hell shows problems in the FO. More than one FA was overpaid last year. McCoy being one of them. but teams built to 'win now' have short windows. And if the Ryan bros D flames out this year then the problem complicates itself. hard to see the new ownership letting this go much further without a regime change. Tyrod needs to stay upright for 16 games if the Bills stand any chance to play game #17. Go Tyrod, kick ass earn the big payday. Who is his RT?

We always have a talented roster in April. Not so much by the end of November when it sinks in.

Edited by Best Player Available

I like Doug

I'd be ok with this strategy if they don't make the playoffs in the next couple years. I've waited 16 years what's a couple more if they're getting top picks that they can build with. Problem is most fans would probably roast management for not fielding a competitive (see 8-8) team.

I think the far too infrequently asked question of whaley and anyone in the bills organization is "can we do better?" I think we can. I think he's mediocre and that there's better potential gm talent to be found. then the question becomes whether the talent is in place above him to find a superior replacement. if not, and it's not only incumbent on the owners, then the same question "can we do better" should be asked and addressed.

What does any of what you want have to do with Doug Whaley and stacking the roster with talent?

everything, we are to the cap and did not make the playoffs, if we are spending to the max we should be contending every year, Dougie baby listed to the bum coach we got and spent money on bums, like old injury prone shady

While we were putzing around with the Brandon/Whaley/Marrone show, the Chiefs hired Reid to run their football program and he is 31-17 in 3 years, and made the playoffs 2x. That was coming off a 2-14 Kansas City season.

still putzing.

The Chiefs have said that John Dorsey is their GM and has standard GM duties.

Andy Reid pushed to re-sign Smith and is the worst game day manager in the league year after year. His playoff fails in KC are epic.

I think the far too infrequently asked question of whaley and anyone in the bills organization is "can we do better?" I think we can. I think he's mediocre and that there's better potential gm talent to be found. then the question becomes whether the talent is in place above him to find a superior replacement. if not, and it's not only incumbent on the owners, then the same question "can we do better" should be asked and addressed.

Of course you do. You couldn't name a better candidate or even put together a list of potential candidates, but you KNOW theres one available and one who would actually be interested in the Bills job. Classic birddog.

The above perfectly encapsulates your entire world view.

everything, we are to the cap and did not make the playoffs, if we are spending to the max we should be contending every year, Dougie baby listed to the bum coach we got and spent money on bums, like old injury prone shady

Mill??

The Chiefs have said that John Dorsey is their GM and has standard GM duties.

Andy Reid pushed to re-sign Smith and is the worst game day manager in the league year after year. His playoff fails in KC are epic.

Whew, good thing we don't have him! . We have Rex Ryan who is an excellant game day manager. No worry's about play off fails either. he hasn't sniffed them in at least 6 years.

For a guy who's only been on the job full time for two seasons isn't bad. Considering it takes often three to four seasons for someone to fully develop, it's kind of tough for a guy to have a resume after two season to judge him on better than 24th.

Conversely, the 23 guys rated hirer aren't going to be available either, so who are you going to get to take his place other than another guy just like Whaley who may have been a great scout, but as GM who knows? he may become good, or better than 50/50 shot won't be all that good as there are more failures than successes.

USA Today ranked Whaley 24th best....not good enough

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/04/ranking-2016-nfl-general-managers