Myles Jack Could Slide Down in the Draft

if our team clears him confidently i am fine with a move to get him. if we are shaky on him medically, i wouldnt love a tradeup but would be fine at 19 (assuming the price to get top ten is substantial).

microfracture is one of the few words in football that still make me cringe about recovery.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Buffalo gets Myles Jack, and you live in the Western NY area, make sure your wives and/or children are inside and sheltered, because they don't want to be scarred by the image of me dancing nude in the streets in celebration.

*Books flights to Buffalo*

*Brings camera*

The word "microfracture" really, really scares me. It is almost always associated with a less than 100% return to health and what makes Jack special is his explosiveness. Tough, tough call.

Edited by Mark80

If Buffalo gets Myles Jack, and you live in the Western NY area, make sure your wives and/or children are inside and sheltered, because they don't want to be scarred by the image of me dancing nude in the streets in celebration.

I think the warning was admirable Sir... :lol:

The word "microfracture" really, really scares me. It is almost always associated with a less than 100% return to health and what makes Jack special is his explosiveness. Tough, tough call.

its all about your medical team and risk assessment. the talent is there and then some.... but if he goes under the knife for that in a year, its potentially a total waste.

if our team clears him confidently i am fine with a move to get him. if we are shaky on him medically, i wouldnt love a tradeup but would be fine at 19 (assuming the price to get top ten is substantial).

Are we talking about the same medical team that red-flagged Gronk, while giving Cyrus Kouandjio two thumbs-up?

Hmmm. A top talent who may slide in the draft due to concerns about a bum knee?

TAKE HIM.

It worked out fairly well for the Bills when this scenario played out with a guy named Thurman Thomas.

and stunk when the Bucs grabbed Daquan Bowers. It could work and it could not work. 19 wouldn't be a terrible spot for him but I would be nervous trading up for him.

and stunk when the Bucs grabbed Daquan Bowers. It could work and it could not work. 19 wouldn't be a terrible spot for him but I would be nervous trading up for him.

You're overlooking the Thurman Thomas good luck mojo that would obviously be working in the Bills favor here.

That swings the odds in our favor big time.

:lol:

No thanks he won't make it in the NFL. It won't be b.c of talent, work ethic, or fit, it will be b.c injury is the biggest hindering factor in most players lives. His knee will never be able to handle the NFL and the violence it need to endure.

No thanks he won't make it in the NFL. It won't be b.c of talent, work ethic, or fit, it will be b.c injury is the biggest hindering factor in most players lives. His knee will never be able to handle the NFL and the violence it need to endure.

You're basing this on what? The only other player I've seen with a chondral defect was Danny Trevathan, and he was great last year.