Carolina rescinds tag on Norman

Norman won on this deal. He basically signed a two year 18.5 mil deal, and will be 31 at that point. He had one breakout year on a top 3 defense.

He's very good, but I wouldn't put him as a top 5 CB. I could really care less as not in our division, and won't see the Redskins for four years unless we're in the SB. I don't see this as the lynch pin for a top team. They need an incredible draft to make that happen.

If both sides are happy, fine. I just hate what this means to Gilmore, as it could be the end of him in one to two years. I know we can tag him for one year, but not after.

Norman getting a deal like this tells me yet again that if Gilmore is even almost as good as people here claim, he should be traded for a first round pick. The Bills, imo, should pay more attention to signing Glenn and especially Tyrod than to giving Gilmore 50 or so million guaranteed.

I don't care about the money, it isn't mine. I care about cap space.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Norman contract could be the floor for Gilmore.

Might need the franchise tag for him after next season and hope to re-sign Glenn and Tyrod long term.

Then again we will see what Gilmore is worth for Rex's system this season.

Edited by ALF

That Norman contract could be the floor for Gilmore.

Might need the franchise tag for him after next season and hope to re-sign Glenn and Tyrod long term.

Then again we will see what Gilmore is worth for Rex's system this season.

& Tyrod in Roman's...

Opinions could (please God, no) be very different in 6 months.

Norman getting a deal like this tells me yet again that if Gilmore is even almost as good as people here claim, he should be traded for a first round pick. The Bills, imo, should pay more attention to signing Glenn and especially Tyrod than to giving Gilmore 50 or so million guaranteed.

I don't care about the money, it isn't mine. I care about cap space.

Norman only got $36.5M gtd

And they need someone to play corner--are you prepared to rely on a rookie opposite Darby?

I don't understand how many of us can get so mad when the team lets a player leave and then "wastes" a draft pick to fill a whole and then advocate for that exact process.

Regardless, I don't see it happening. They want him here.

Norman only got $36.5M gtd

And they need someone to play corner--are you prepared to rely on a rookie opposite Darby?

I don't understand how many of us can get so mad when the team lets a player leave and then "wastes" a draft pick to fill a whole and then advocate for that exact process.

Regardless, I don't see it happening. They want him here.

Bill would rather have no DBs on the roster. He hates them. :D

Heard this story earlier on Mike&Mike, very interesting. I gotta hand it to Carolina for taking the upper hand and not allowing themselves to be pushed around by a greedy agent. Hopefully this also sends a ripple through the player community to keep an eye on their agent and if they are truly working towards the player's best interests.

Heard this story earlier on Mike&Mike, very interesting. I gotta hand it to Carolina for taking the upper hand and not allowing themselves to be pushed around by a greedy agent. Hopefully this also sends a ripple through the player community to keep an eye on their agent and if they are truly working towards the player's best interests.

Yes, but...doesn't the team owe it to themselves to contact the player directly if the agent is that inflexible?

Yes, but...doesn't the team owe it to themselves to contact the player directly if the agent is that inflexible?

Great question. Ive often wondered how much contact goes on between the team and player, going around the agent. I have to think most players are trained from the moment they enter the league to never talk money directly with the team and let the agent handle it. The entire process, and how little we actually know about how it works, is fascinating to me.

I dont know that it isnt considered "bad business" to go around an agent and directly to a player. If nothing else, you may risk the standing relationship(s) you have with the agent/agents.

Edited by DrDareustein

Yes evidently agent was going rogue (sort of like TT's agent) not keeping him in loop and Norman had the balls to fire him when he was still trying to accept offer but ran into that 5 day window and contract cancellation by previously reluctant team. Think this will be a mistake by Washington's team.

What are you talking about captain repetitive ? Did you read the article?

This is why every post you post gets mocked. What about this article screams lazy Haynesworth ?

You're right, he differs from Haynesworth in one important way: doesn't have elite talent. At least Haynesworth displayed the talent to dominate the guy across from him. Li'l sweet pea Norman got faced by ODB on the game tying corner route, and next week got called out by Julio and Roddy and spent the whole game getting burnt. Super bowl drops 2 picks that could have kept them in it. The guy is totally lacking in elite talent, gets called out and losers, and he writes weird articles....any fool can see this doesn't end well.

You're right, he differs from Haynesworth in one important way: doesn't have elite talent. At least Haynesworth displayed the talent to dominate the guy across from him. Li'l sweet pea Norman got faced by ODB on the game tying corner route, and next week got called out by Julio and Roddy and spent the whole game getting burnt. Super bowl drops 2 picks that could have kept them in it. The guy is totally lacking in elite talent, gets called out and losers, and he writes weird articles....any fool can see this doesn't end well.

Yes having a top ranked corner who tackles well is bad.

Unsubscribe please.

Paying average talent like elite talent is a good thing....sweet pea, welcome the Haynesworth Hall of shame. Brought to you by Dan Snyder.

Ooooh wee. Check out the INT at the 2:48 mark and 3 min mark.

You're proving you're either a troll or just don't get it when it comes to football. Here's another video where people throw out terms like elite in regards to Norman as a corner.

Wrong again joe.