Seattle is looking to trade out of the #26 pick.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/202127/why-the-seahawks-could-look-to-trade-out-of-the-first-round

There was a news article earlier today quoting Jon Gruden touting Penn St QB Christian Hackenburg as a 1st rd talent. If Buffalo wants to groom a QB then Hackenburg might be a good candidate to do so. Having a 5th year option for 1st rd picks would be an added advantage to groom a long term prospect at the QB position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/jon-gruden-will-be-shocked-if-hackenberg-isnt-a-first-round-pick/

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/202127/why-the-seahawks-could-look-to-trade-out-of-the-first-round

There was a news article earlier today quoting Jon Gruden touting Penn St QB Christian Hackenburg as a 1st rd talent. If Buffalo wants to groom a QB then Hackenburg might be a good candidate to do so. Having a 5th year option for 1st rd picks would be an added advantage to groom a long term prospect at the QB position.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/19/jon-gruden-will-be-shocked-if-hackenberg-isnt-a-first-round-pick/

No way in the first. CC in the first with trade back, yes please.

agree. I would also draft Vernon Adams Jr in the 6th or as an UDFA, hes got a lot of Russel Wilson in him and fits our Offensive scheme to the TT.

If Vernon had a lot of Russ in him, no team would let him slip to the 6th.

Short and creative doesn't mean he's Wilson. Not even close to being the calibre passer that Russ is.

I vote to change the title of this thread to "seattle, gruden, and hackenburg. A tale of 3 unrelated things"

i mean, it seems like an obvious string of thoughts to me, even if i wouldnt make the move.

guy wants a qb

gruden says hack is potential 1st round qb

team interested in trading back at the bottom of 1st

would you be interested in moving up from our second round, with the perk being the extra year for developing a guy?

im a firm no to that, assuming roman likes TT. even so, im not a fan of hack in the little ive seen of him, but not enough to be a strong opinion.

i mean, it seems like an obvious string of thoughts to me, even if i wouldnt make the move.

guy wants a qb

gruden says hack is potential 1st round qb

team interested in trading back at the bottom of 1st

would you be interested in moving up from our second round, with the perk being the extra year for developing a guy?

im a firm no to that, assuming roman likes TT. even so, im not a fan of hack in the little ive seen of him, but not enough to be a strong opinion.

Connor Cook might be the qb that teams would maneuver back into the first round to select. Moving into the first round or even a high round second round rage makes little sense to me for a qb such as Hack who struggled so much in his last two years in college. I'm not saying that he doesn't have appealing physical attributes but his on field performance would at the minimum drop him to the third round or lower.

If Vernon had a lot of Russ in him, no team would let him slip to the 6th.

Short and creative doesn't mean he's Wilson. Not even close to being the calibre passer that Russ is.

That he certainly is not. UDFA with developmental potential for sure IMO.

As for Seattle trading down:

Seattle trading down = New England trading down

Nothing to see here folks, move on...

Edited by P51

Now that Philly locked up the #2 pick that will drive up Paxton Lynch AND Christian Hackenburg's stock way up. Btw, I can't believe that anyone really thought that Buffalo was seriously considering trading up for the #2 spot. The way that our defense is lacking players and the cost it would take to do such a bold move would have crippled this team for years to come. Tyrod is more than adequate, the main concern with him is keeping him upright.

Gruden loves Hackenburg based on the fact he was a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recruit going into the college ranks.

He signed on with Penn State before the whole mess and it may have hindered his college game.

Most scouts compare him to a backup QB. Should the Bills draft him? Maybe. The best I would say is if he falls to the fourth.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

There is no pick I'd hate more than Hackenberg other than Hackenberg in the first round.

There are very few QBs with his numbers completion percentage wise and TD-INT ratio wise that have panned out at the NFL level...I'm struggling to even think of one