"The #1 thing you can look forward to with me is attitude"

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is I saw a video of Mario Williams INTENTIONALLY not giving 100 percent.......and I suspect its because he didnt want to take chance on injury and he knew he would be gone

You wont have that problem with a rookie DE trying to make a name for himself this year

I think it's as simple as that. He started whining in OTAs. Sal C. and others made the observation that he was playing safe as early as the first month of the season. I suspect his teammates were unhappy with him that early in the season as well.

What a clusterphuck. New schemes, new terminology, and trying to learn it all while the best player on the team and one who COULD have made a difference had he chosen to, constantly dragging the room down.

GO BILLS!!!

I think it's as simple as that. He started whining in OTAs. Sal C. and others made the observation that he was playing safe as early as the first month of the season. I suspect his teammates were unhappy with him that early in the season as well.

What a clusterphuck. New schemes, new terminology, and trying to learn it all while the best player on the team and one who COULD have made a difference had he chosen to, constantly dragging the room down.

GO BILLS!!!

something about all of this still doesn't add up to me.

We only had one or two Ryan guys here. Did Ryan want more in order to help teach his system? Maybe but we didn't hear about it or try, short of IK.

It makes me think Rex tried to use his plan and work with what we had and failed. Which is horrifying

Nut this new scheme is still new and we have not done much to develop it. Last few games of the season he let the d play loose. Next year with a few rookies not likely to grasp the entire system yet with a few decent depth and role players... I worry. A lot

mario is a piece of chit for quitting on his teammates.

Rex wasn't smart enough to utilize his players properly as he inherited an outstanding 4-3 defense.

Rex is a one trick 3-4 pony, who probably won't be around next season to see the results of his dismantling that 2014 top 5 defense.

this is all rex, folks. all rex. and mario's 4 or 5 sacks against us and the hair on fire games against us are going to be to my delight as an i told you so... yep, it's all about effort.

So you'd rather be right then see this defense work?

I bet he'll love the new complexity they're installing into their defense this year...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/06/dolphins-safety-says-defenders-were-handcuffed-by-coaches-in-2015/

That seems to be the case in Miami, as safety Michael Thomas said during a webcast with 120 Sports that the 2015 coaching staff “handcuffed” players, and that new defensive coordinator Vance Joseph as promised they’ll be “not so vanilla.”

This thread is funny.

Many Bills fans still crapping on Mario because some media types said he wasn't playing 100% and yet the coaches said they were fine with his play. I still can't get over how the Bills defensive coaches were happy that Mario dropped into coverage on a pass play against Dallas and because he did his job well it allowed a linebacker to get the sole hit on the QB for the entire game. Pure gold!

The Bills player who was very vocal about his role in Ryan's defense during OTA's and training camp was Marcell Dareus and Mario didn't join in until after that first Patriot game.

Rex Ryan has a lot to prove this season and the Bills best pass rusher is now on another team. We shall see.

So you'd rather be right then see this defense work?

whether I am right or wrong won't make a bit of difference. I see what I see and I see mediocre success at best due to overhwleming talent in key positions.

So I can sit here and spew kool aid. Tell how Dareus will do well playing wide DT over the 3-4 gap. Or how our corners will excellent. Etc. But... that's about all I see. I see Hughes double teamed because Dareus and Hughes are all we will have. I see little excitement in an up the middle rusher we may acquire but won't be there in all likelihood.

I see reality. And for that yes I'll be happy when I am right.

I'm always right,anyway.

whether I am right or wrong won't make a bit of difference. I see what I see and I see mediocre success at best due to overhwleming talent in key positions.

So I can sit here and spew kool aid. Tell how Dareus will do well playing wide DT over the 3-4 gap. Or how our corners will excellent. Etc. But... that's about all I see. I see Hughes double teamed because Dareus and Hughes are all we will have. I see little excitement in an up the middle rusher we may acquire but won't be there in all likelihood.

I'm always right,anyway.

I dunno, if they somehow end up with Rankins (or Jones), Cravens, and Morrison, plus AW returns to form, the D ought to be plenty disruptive and effective. And if it isn't, after all of the investment of $$ and draft choices, Rex won't make it to the third year of his contract.

I bet he'll love the new complexity they're installing into their defense this year...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/06/dolphins-safety-says-defenders-were-handcuffed-by-coaches-in-2015/

That seems to be the case in Miami, as safety Michael Thomas said during a webcast with 120 Sports that the 2015 coaching staff handcuffed players, and that new defensive coordinator Vance Joseph as promised theyll be not so vanilla.

oh noes!!

This thread is funny.

Many Bills fans still crapping on Mario because some media types said he wasn't playing 100% and yet the coaches said they were fine with his play. I still can't get over how the Bills defensive coaches were happy that Mario dropped into coverage on a pass play against Dallas and because he did his job well it allowed a linebacker to get the sole hit on the QB for the entire game. Pure gold!

The Bills player who was very vocal about his role in Ryan's defense during OTA's and training camp was Marcell Dareus and Mario didn't join in until after that first Patriot game.

Rex Ryan has a lot to prove this season and the Bills best pass rusher is now on another team. We shall see.

Dareus may have opened his mouth, but Mario stopped doing anything. A simple look at the stats shows that. Kyle Williams backup had better stats than Mario, but I am sure Mario was just "never put into the position to make a tackle" wooest him. :rolleyes:

Edited by What a Tuel

Quick question. If Mario didn't like Rex's game plan, etc. why didn't he freestyle and rush the QB instead of taking one or two steps and stopping? Instead of proving Rex wrong by getting sacks on schemes that weren't called by the coaching staff he tried to point out the problem with the scheme by not trying. seems like a small child's way of handling diversity. It is my ball and I am taking it and going home if you don't want to play the game I want to play.

I dunno, if they somehow end up with Rankins (or Jones), Cravens, and Morrison, plus AW returns to form, the D ought to be plenty disruptive and effective. And if it isn't, after all of the investment of $$ and draft choices, Rex won't make it to the third year of his contract.

if all the cards fall right we may get there. But that's a lot. He had loads Od talent drafted and signed in NY. And failed

I'm always right,anyway.

You saw what you saw. You don't know what you're going to see next season. Maybe these guys on D got together in the offseason and decided to learn the freaking playbook. No one is telling you to spew koolaid, just a little less selfrighteous bile.But it's never cool to root for being right over the Bills.

if all the cards fall right we may get there. But that's a lot. He had loads Od talent drafted and signed in NY. And failed

And this is just you covering yourself if the team does well against your prediction.

Edited by Tenhigh

Quick question. If Mario didn't like Rex's game plan, etc. why didn't he freestyle and rush the QB instead of taking one or two steps and stopping? Instead of proving Rex wrong by getting sacks on schemes that weren't called by the coaching staff he tried to point out the problem with the scheme by not trying. seems like a small child's way of handling diversity. It is my ball and I am taking it and going home if you don't want to play the game I want to play.

So you're saying Rex shouldn't even be coaching a Pop Warner team because he can't handle it?