"The #1 thing you can look forward to with me is attitude"

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attitude... :thumbsup:

Honestly I have to admit I had no idea how poorly he played until I started watching the tapes and reading more about it...I think it was crystal clear from early on in the year he disliked his role in Rex's D...

Generally I'm not too happy about guys like Mario leaving...Especially when they sign in the Division...He's got talent and I hate seeing talent leave...But even before I read and watched all the stuff about him grading out so poorly last year...honestly...I was unaffected by his imminent departure...He's just not worth the cash he makes...I'm not sure he ever really was...It's pretty clear he can be a surly dude...I would not be surprised to see him have a decent year...But I'm not sad he's gone either... B-)

Attitude... :thumbsup:

Honestly I have to admit I had no idea how poorly he played until I started watching the tapes and reading more about it...I think it was crystal clear from early on in the year he disliked his role in Rex's D...

Generally I'm not too happy about guys like Mario leaving...Especially when they sign in the Division...He's got talent and I hate seeing talent leave...But even before I read and watched all the stuff about him grading out so poorly last year...honestly...I was unaffected by his imminent departure...He's just not worth the cash he makes...I'm not sure he ever really was...It's pretty clear he can be a surly dude...I would not be surprised to see him have a decent year...But I'm not sad he's gone either... B-)

I don't really disagree with any of this. Just two questions:

1) did anyone question his effort the last 3 year pre Ryan?

2) was he wrong about Rex's defense this year?

I don't really disagree with any of this. Just two questions:

1) did anyone question his effort the last 3 year pre Ryan?

2) was he wrong about Rex's defense this year?

1. 1st year, absolutely! 2nd year, less so...but occasionally. 3rd year not at all.

2. he was wrong about it in the sense that he chose not to play hard...not to sabotage the D per se, but to protect his own interests as he knew he was going to be cut loose and didn't want to be hurt.

so we get it, you hate rex. but this p.o.s. prima donna really did us dirty last season. i'm thrilled he signed with Miami because i can't wait to see his overrated ass neutralized twice next year.

I would love a double digit sack guy this year. They aren't easy to find.

But hopefully, the Ryans have something up their sleeves.

Mario will pick and choose his match ups and effort levels on Sundays while playing for a care free fan base. I wouldn't doubt him putting up some meaningless sacks against some bad RT's. Until he comes to terms with no longer "earning" an NFL paycheck it will be a return to the status quo... He will follow that with a final year of futility and ride off into the sunset on his xbox remote.

1. 1st year, absolutely! 2nd year, less so...but occasionally. 3rd year not at all.

2. he was wrong about it in the sense that he chose not to play hard...not to sabotage the D per se, but to protect his own interests as he knew he was going to be cut loose and didn't want to be hurt.

so we get it, you hate rex. but this p.o.s. prima donna really did us dirty last season. i'm thrilled he signed with Miami because i can't wait to see his overrated ass neutralized twice next year.

He battled a wrist injury his first year.

And I loved the Rex hire. But if you take off the homer glasses, our defense was a disaster compared to 2014. To go from 54 sacks to 21 is beyond awful.

I would love to be completely wrong on Ryan this year. But at this point, I would absolutely trade Mario for Ryan in a second.

He's an outstanding 9 tech DE. Holds edge, gets to the passer, wins match ups.

So he's a bit of a diva because he's dominated a sport at every level his whole life and feels a bit entitled.

I can't hate him for that. I am glad the bills aren't paying his salary anymore since Rex would just assume play him at punt team gunner rather than modify his "scheme" to accomdate players' strengths. I can't hate Rex for that either- his dad gave him his meal ticket and entry point, it's worked well enough to get him jobs and obviously evolving brings its own risks and challenges.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I would love a double digit sack guy this year. They aren't easy to find.

But hopefully, the Ryans have something up their sleeves.

I think Rob has a Mixed Italian sub up his sleeve.

If Mario had gone to an NFC team we would not be missing much this year. Going to the fish is not good for us because we will have to face him. Whatever he produces for them is what we lose. If he stayed here in 2016 he would not have produced anything in this pile of crap we have for a defense.

Double digit sack guy huh? How about a double digit sack total for the entire defense. I think we'll get that if Tyrod doesn't cause us too many problems. Last year was on him.

this is all rex, folks. all rex. and mario's 4 or 5 sacks against us and the hair on fire games against us are going to be to my delight as an i told you so... yep, it's all about effort.

and that's true. why would mario williams give effort for such an asshat like rex ryan? being a good coach is about managing talent. if mario did this on the patriots he would have been cut mid season. benched during the game. etc. but rex ryan started him every damn week and openly defended him. rex ryan made this whole issue happen.

good managers/coaches/talent managers can manage talent and keep everyone happy. and those that can't end up having a mess like the jets on their resume.

I think Rob has a Mixed Italian sub up his sleeve.

If Mario had gone to an NFC team we would not be missing much this year. Going to the fish is not good for us because we will have to face him. Whatever he produces for them is what we lose. If he stayed here in 2016 he would not have produced anything in this pile of crap we have for a defense.

Double digit sack guy huh? How about a double digit sack total for the entire defense. I think we'll get that if Tyrod doesn't cause us too many problems. Last year was on him.

i'd be surprised if the team can muster up 30 sacks next year. i'd put money on it.

I actually don't doubt Mario. I think he'll have a pretty decent year next year in Miami.

There's reasons why Mario checked out last year that don't exist in Miami. Before Rex came on board, he was active a lot.

Under Pettine and under Schwartz, no question.

Under Wannstache, yeah, I thought he didn't always give it 100% and made excuses.