Going to Bills/Ravens game

gflande1

Taking my wife to her first football game. She is not a football fan, trying to change that. Either way, I get to go to a Bills game, a rare occurrence anymore.

We live in York Pa, plan on going to the Bills/Ravens game on 9/11. I have never been to M&T Bank Stadium. Tickets are already available in StubHub, starting at $100.

Anyone have any recommendations as far as seat locations? I'd like to keep it less that $150/seat.

How are the sight lines? I've been to the Ralph a bunch, how does it compare?

Should I wait to get seats, or should I expect prices to only climb?

Also, how hostile of an environment is it?

Thank you

Go Bills!!!

Glen

Taking my wife to her first football game. She is not a football fan, trying to change that. Either way, I get to go to a Bills game, a rare occurrence anymore.

We live in York Pa, plan on going to the Bills/Ravens game on 9/11. I have never been to M&T Bank Stadium. Tickets are already available in StubHub, starting at $100.

Anyone have any recommendations as far as seat locations? I'd like to keep it less that $150/seat.

Thank you

Go Bills!!!

Glen

I have never been to baltimore. We are making the trip so I am also wondering.

We are going to the game as well. Just booked flights yesterday -- great rates from RDU on Southwest.

Wish I could help you with advice on tickets; I'm leaving that to my buddy from Baltimore we're traveling with.

Went to the last Buffalo game there and it seemed like there wasn't a bad seat; if I recall correctly the stands are pretty steep.

Thank you

Go Bills!!!

Glen

Stadium is awesome. Just don't sit too low in the lower bowl you will be fine anywhere else. Mentioned it in another thread..i don't remember if one side or section gets shade for a 1pm game in early September. You can easily get a scorcher that early in the year, some shade can make a world of differnce

Fans are awesome..I have been to every game the Bill have played there, never had an issue.

Parking a bit of a pain, if you want to tailgate i would investigate that and see if you can prepay. I have either taken train or went with season ticket holders that had reserved spots.

Cross Street Market for 36oz Natty Bo's, oysters and steamed shrimp(shell on and covered in old bay) not a bad way to start to start a Sunday Morning.

We are going to the game as well. Just booked flights yesterday -- great rates from RDU on Southwest.

Wish I could help you with advice on tickets; I'm leaving that to my buddy from Baltimore we're traveling with.

Went to the last Buffalo game there and it seemed like there wasn't a bad seat; if I recall correctly the stands are pretty steep

what did you pay for flights?

Last game there was a pretty good tailgate at a bar, but went to mothers with some friends at the Cross street and never made it there. If you friend live B'More, make sure you make it Cross Street and Federal Hill on Saturday afternoon!

Our group went to the Raven's game about a decade ago....we stayed a ways north of the city in a motel, at a location very near a train station, and took the train right to the stadium....yes...there was a station at the stadium. The tailgating at that time was all PGA like.....closed corporate tents etc.....not a tailgate in the sense we do that at the Ralph. The stadium is decent enough for football, we were upper deck..a long way away. We also went into the inner harbor in Baltimore (Camden Yard is also there) and did some walk about....hitting some great resturants and enjoying the area. BUT, after the trouble there just recently, I would not visit down there today,recalling the riots and the burning of buildings/CVS store. Camden yard was canceling ballgames during all that.......use your own judgement on that issue...but, that is mine.

Went to a Ravens/Bills preseason game years ago with R.Rich, SDS, G.Host and others. Being a downtown stadium tailgate options include the local pubs and restaurants, and of course the Inner Harbor. No idea what to recommend since it's been so long ago. But there are some terrific neighborhoods not far away like Federal Hill, Little Italy and Fell's Point. Lots of places to explore.

Went to the last Buffalo game there and it seemed like there wasn't a bad seat; if I recall correctly the stands are pretty steep.

Yes I have had a ticket in last row and it appears much further than last row of the Ralph from the field. Stairs definitely feel steeper.

Our group went to the Raven's game about a decade ago....we stayed a ways north of the city in a motel, at a location very near a train station, and took the train right to the stadium....yes...there was a station at the stadium. The tailgating at that time was all PGA like.....closed corporate tents etc.....not a tailgate in the sense we do that at the Ralph. The stadium is decent enough for football, we were upper deck..a long way away. We also went into the inner harbor in Baltimore (Camden Yard is also there) and did some walk about....hitting some great resturants and enjoying the area. BUT, after the trouble there just recently, I would not visit down there today,recalling the riots and the burning of buildings/CVS store. Camden yard was canceling ballgames during all that.......use your own judgement on that issue...but, that is mine.

i would have zero, and i mean zero worry about going to a game and spending a weekend in Baltimore. And, very few , if any , good restaurants at the inner harbour. As PTR says above, go to the neighborhoods he mentions above.

If you looking for fine dining Saturday night, two fabulous places are Woodbury Kitchen and Charleston. Get reservations as soon as you can though, both fill up carzy early

Went to a Ravens/Bills preseason game years ago with R.Rich, SDS, G.Host and others. Being a downtown stadium tailgate options include the local pubs and restaurants, and of course the Inner Harbor. No idea what to recommend since it's been so long ago. But there are some terrific neighborhoods not far away like Federal Hill, Little Italy and Fell's Point. Lots of places to explore.

If you want to get in extra early for breakfast, I heavily recommend Miss Shirley's. A couple friends of mine are Baltimore natives, and this keeps topping the list.

I heavily recommend the Crab Cake Benedict and Chicken and Waffles

what did you pay for flights?

Last game there was a pretty good tailgate at a bar, but went to mothers with some friends at the Cross street and never made it there. If you friend live B'More, make sure you make it Cross Street and Federal Hill on Saturday afternoon!

$222 round trip. Getting into town Friday night, leaving Monday afternoon.

The friends we're traveling with live in NC now but used to live in B'More and are huge Ravens fans. We'll likely stay somewhere downtown -- maybe Fells Point -- where we can do a lot of walking around and barhopping. I will definitely mention Fed Hill for Saturday but they know the area well so we will probably just take their lead.

Edited by eball

i would have zero, and i mean zero worry about going to a game and spending a weekend in Baltimore. And, very few , if any , good restaurants at the inner harbour. As PTR says above, go to the neighborhoods he mentions above.

If you looking for fine dining Saturday night, two fabulous places are Woodbury Kitchen and Charleston. Get reservations as soon as you can though, both fill up carzy early

Yes, actually, we went to little Italy!!!And, the food was fab.

Yes, actually, we went to little Italy!!!And, the food was fab.

That makes sense..very close to Inner Harbour, but a world of difference in restaurant quality!

Only place inner harbour I would tiny bit recommend is the Rusty Scupper. Fun to take the water taxi there and sit on the deck and get a bit sloshed...share some crabcakes as bar food!

Water taxi preety cool way to get to get to Fort McHenry, Fells Point, Harbour East if you doing some pub crawling/sightseeing.