The Bills should consider trading for QB Mike Glennon.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wish Buffalo could release EJ too he's terrible but the Bills would take a $2.8M cap hit for releasing him. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with him for this year. Which is really really unfortunate.

His full cap hit presently is $2.8M. $1.2M is prorated signing bonus so there's nothing to be done about that. The other $1.6M is guaranteed salary, but his contract has offsets. That means that if he was cut, any compensation he received from another team this season would be deducted from the $1.6M the Bills would otherwise owe him. Also if he was waived and picked up off of waivers the new team would be responsible for his entire salary. Ditto if he was traded. The minimum salary for a 4th year player is $675k, so if he was waived, cleared waivers and was signed to a deal near that the Bills would have dead money of about $2.1M. If they manage to trade him, then dead money is only $1.2M. Those are very manageable situations.

They can't do anything until they acquire some additional help at QB, however. Right now it is TT and EJ. At least two more QBs have to be added for training camp - even if they're just arms. Then they can see where they stand and think about moving on. Unless a team comes knocking with a very good offer there is nothing they can do right now. But I think it's probably coming before the regular season.

It simply is. As I have already explained.

Glennon: 18 starts, 29 TD's, 15 INT's, 83.7 passer rating

Manuel: 16 starts, 19 TD's, 15 INT's, 78.5 passer rating

Glennon's QBR, for whatever that is worth, has also been much higher each year and he has thrown for far more yards per start.

Admittedly, their completion % and YPA are pretty much identical.

Still, they are by no stretch even. There does not exist a category that Manuel has been better than Glennon in, while Glennon has been decidedly better in nearly every category. Glennon has been better, plain and simple. By a country mile? No. But the difference is more than negligible.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Glennon: 18 starts, 29 TD's, 15 INT's, 83.7 passer rating

Manuel: 16 starts, 19 TD's, 15 INT's, 78.5 passer rating

Glennon's QBR, for whatever that is worth, has also been much higher each year and he has thrown for far more yards per start.

Admittedly, their completion % and YPA are pretty much identical.

Still, they are by no stretch even. There does not exist a category that Manuel has been better than Glennon in, while Glennon has been decidedly better in nearly every category. Glennon has been better, plain and simple. By a country mile? No. But the difference is more than negligible.

Add in EJs yards and touchdowns rushing and his slightly higher completition percentage. Then factor the higher sack ratio of Glennon and as far as I am concerned what you are left with is a minimal difference.

Glennon is not good. He is a slightly better armed but less mobile EJ Manuel. Both have major accuracy issues. They both hurt your football team. You can't win with either.

The only category in which Glennon is "decidedly better" is passing TDs. An important one admittedly but I think when you look at their body of work in the round the difference is minimal.

I also believe EJ has a better W-L for whatever that is worth.

Edited by GunnerBill

For me, Glennon is a better option as a number 2 than EJ. He makes more plays.

With that being said, I have no interest in Glennon via trade. He isn't worth any assets to the Bills. They are better off drafting a young guy with a high ceiling or an inexpensive long-term backup. I am still of the belief that Tyrod is going to end up being the long-term option at QB. I have no reason to think otherwise at this point. He played well in his 1st season and I expect the progress to continue.

Glennon was a viable option until Tyrod showed up. Unless Tampa is shipping him off for a laaaaaate round pick -6th or 7th then it's not a great investment. When we were staring at EJ as our starter I would have given the middle round pick for Glennon. Tyrod's ceiling is still debatable but his floor keeps us from making panic moves like this one.

Glennon was a viable option until Tyrod showed up. Unless Tampa is shipping him off for a laaaaaate round pick -6th or 7th then it's not a great investment. When we were staring at EJ as our starter I would have given the middle round pick for Glennon. Tyrod's ceiling is still debatable but his floor keeps us from making panic moves like this one.

Well said

Disagree. Glennon as a backup would be bad enough. Replacing EJ as a starter with Glennon would be the very definition of spinning our wheels. Neither will ever be good enough.

Where I do agree is we are lucky we found Tyrod.

Love Tyrod and am looking forward to him as starter. That being said, I would absolutely trade for Glennon if the price was right. This latter caveat is of course key, given that we have an entrenched starter. Regardless, saying Glennon is the same as EJ is ludicrous imo. He got a raw deal in tampa after showing a lot of promise.