How would you feel if the Bills traded up for Paxton Lynch?

Estro

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I don't like 1st round picks all that much. Sound player development can and should have a better team impact on 2 2nds than one potential primadonna.

Everyone will probably be glad I'm not the gm, but I would be looking to trade our #19 for a 2nd &3rd this year & next year. Then again, I would not have hired Rex. Just sayin'

He's a 2nd round talent in this draft IMO. I would guess a number of teams have him graded there. Some team could reach for need at the position plus the 1st round gives them the 5th year option which for a QB is extra valuable. I don't know where the Bills have him graded.

Trading up from 19 is a bit outlandish. Trading up from 49 isn't but I'd still be a little surprised.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I as well have wondered why Tyrod hasn't said anything to calm the storm created by his f***tard agent. I have also been thinking about the possibility of Tyrod being moved since the report about the Broncos inquiring about him surfaced. If it happens, it happens. I hope we can get a 1st out of the deal and move on. I liked Tyrod and what he did on the field last year at times, but his agent has created this s*** storm KNOWING what the Bills have for cap space this year and the fact that his client has only had one season as a starter. I know the whole situation has left me with a bad impression and it comes off completely unprofessional. You played well enough that you were able to void a year off of your deal and set yourself up for a pay day if you keep up the good work. Play the game and the rest will take care of itself. Act like a douche or have your agent be a douche for you and IT WILL bite you in the a$$. Watch.

The thing that's also messed up is that the Broncos won't overpay for Tyrod Taylor (they want Kapearnick to play for 7 million per year) yet it looks like Taylor might want to go there.

This whole Tyrod situation is a weird one. Throwing a head coach and teammates under the bus is never cool, it's even less cool when you've done almost nothing in the league.

Whaley knows that would be suicide. I seriously doubt it. He's not NFL ready. He needs to go to a spot where he can sit for two years. Dallas makes sense or San Diego, but they have so many needs.

Just for the sake of discussion, Dallas or SD could trade up from 34 or 35, but it would be pretty costly looking at the trade value chart. The closest I could get was Buffalo's 1st and 5th for Dallas 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

At that point it's probably more than likely they offer a future 1st instead. That's something I could see Jerrah doing. I couldn't see SD doing that. They know they have to rebuild a bit, Jones is in denial.

Whaley knows that would be suicide. I seriously doubt it. He's not NFL ready. He needs to go to a spot where he can sit for two years. Dallas makes sense or San Diego, but they have so many needs.

Bolded is almost an argument for the Bills to take him, at least at 19. He has this year to sit behind Taylor, and next year after we franchise Taylor. Then Lynch steps in after learning from Taylor, Roman, and Lee for a couple years.

Im not thrilled about the idea of using a 1st round pick on a player that wont make an impact for a couple of years, or not even dress for games this year. But if Pegula is thinking long term, and Whaley's job is secure (not mentioning Rex there), then drafting Lynch might be a step in changing this organization into a team that values and develops QBs properly.

"Hell no" to trading up to get him though.

I would feel the infinite depths of sorrow as though my very soul was ripped from within my inner being and transported through the galaxy to the inner shell of a red giant star where it would be vaporized into tears of diamonds that would be scattered throughout eternity. I would never know joy again.

I would feel the infinite depths of sorrow as though my very soul was ripped from within my inner being and transported through the galaxy to the inner shell of a red giant star where it would be vaporized into tears of diamonds that would be scattered throughout eternity. I would never know joy again.

So basically, you'd be a Browns fan

So basically, you'd be a Browns fan

awesome, both of you

For those of you questioning Tyrod's motives I can assure you that he is happy in WNY. He wants to be the guy. He isn't trying to force his way out.

I hope so, but at the same time why not tell your agent to stfu? All this guy is doing is creating a distraction and bringing unnecessary drama to the offseason.

I hope so, but at the same time why not tell your agent to stfu? All this guy is doing is creating a distraction and bringing unnecessary drama to the offseason.

I don't think that he needs to publicly criticize his agent. The only people that satisfies are the fans worrying (without reason). The Bills know where he stands. He's a pretty quiet, humble guy. I don't think that he has any interest in hashing this thing out in the media.

His agent is doing what every agent does. He is trying to get his client signed to more money and now. The agent gets paid when the player signs a contract. For him there is only risk in Tyrod not being extended until next year. What if he gets hurt? What if he fires his agent? Tyrod believes in himself. We should pay no attention to what the agent says. If Tyrod plays well he will get a big deal. If he doesn't, he won't. It really is that simple.

Because he's doing exactly what agents get paid to do. And while the story is making headlines for us fans, I seriously doubt it's having much of an impact at the Bills FO.

maybe he has talked to him about it since the most recent quotes which were worse than the first batch. We would not know.

The thing that's also messed up is that the Broncos won't overpay for Tyrod Taylor (they want Kapearnick to play for 7 million per year) yet it looks like Taylor might want to go there.

This whole Tyrod situation is a weird one. Throwing a head coach and teammates under the bus is never cool, it's even less cool when you've done almost nothing in the league.

where did you see that it looks like he might want to go to Denver? Edited by YoloinOhio

Ideally the Bills trade down as often as they can. Once again, people think there are 6 or 7 potential starting QBs in this draft. QB fever strikes again. I say grab as many extra picks you can. Grab a QB in the 3rd or 4th.

+1. you nailed it, this is exactly how I would feel!

maybe he has talked to him about it since the most recent quotes which were worse than the first batch. We would not know.

where did you see that it looks like he might want to go to Denver?

With his agent calling out the head coach and players and the rumors of Denver being interested, to me it looks like his agent might be trying to grease the skids to have his client be traded to the team that just won the Superbowl.

His agent going there was an outrageous move that seems like it could have this end game as a motive.