Mike Williams emerges -- (update: Signing with KC)

@benvolin

#Patriots sign TE Clay Harbor, had QB Ricky Stanzi, WR Mike Williams, TE Jeff Cumberland in for workouts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/former-bills-bucs-wr-mike-williams-works-out-for-patriots/

I haven't heard anything about him in so long I thought he was done for good

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hour before kickoff and Mike Williams walking through the tailgates in uniform to get to the stadium because he was late and got stuck in traffic. Classic

He sucked here.

He will likely be the top receiving threat in the NFL now

In his defense he did have a good preseason and then Marrone wouldn't put him in during the regular season. He was a healthy scratch on numerous occasions. I feel like I could join the Pats and be one of the top receiving threats in the NFL so he probably would have some success

Hour before kickoff and Mike Williams walking through the tailgates in uniform to get to the stadium because he was late and got stuck in traffic. Classic

In his defense he did have a good preseason and then Marrone wouldn't put him in during the regular season. He was a healthy scratch on numerous occasions. I feel like I could join the Pats and be one of the top receiving threats in the NFL so he probably would have some success

He played the first four games and sucked.

http://www.nfl.com/player/mikewilliams/2508048/gamelogs

No he didnt. He had one catch in 3 games and 3 catches in the other in the preseason. Then he was a mirage on the field save one 80 yard scramble bomb from EJ. He was bad. I'm amazed he's getting a look at all

His big problem was his attitude. It seemed once EJ was benched in favor for Orton, he stopped playing.

if I recall correctly, Orton demanded more work from him and he didn't deliver. basically, he wanted the WRs there super early every morning to work on routes because he had no time with them before he started playing in week 5, and MW was the only one who didn't show up. Edited by YoloinOhio

@benvolin

#Patriots sign TE Clay Harbor, had QB Ricky Stanzi, WR Mike Williams, TE Jeff Cumberland in for workouts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/03/30/former-bills-bucs-wr-mike-williams-works-out-for-patriots/

I haven't heard anything about him in so long I thought he was done for good

I clicked this topic cos I thought it was about the OL Mike Williams. Never mind, carry on.

if I recall correctly, Orton demanded more work from him and he didn't deliver. basically, he wanted the WRs there super early every morning to work on routes because he had no time with them before he started playing in week 5, and MW was the only one who didn't show up.

It's a shame that the guy didn't have a better work ethic.

And he's slow.

That has NOTHING to do with being successful in the NFL. Some of the best WR's in the NFL didn't run fast. Give me a guy who can read a defense, run routes, works hard and can catch anything over a track guy pretending to be a football player. I'd take a SLOW Wes Welker, Anquan Boldin, and a guy who ran a 4.70 40 yard dash over someone like Troy Williamson and Darrius Heyward Bey. Yea, btw, that 4.70 WR was Jerry Rice. Clearly hampered by his inability to run fast.

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83