What will happen if the Bills finish last in the division?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell will freeze over or Brady will have have a retirement party?

Realistically, I'd see Rex sent packing and unfortunately (in my eyes), Whaley gets caught up in the house cleaning. I like Whaley, but changing the roster to get "Rex scheme" guys can set us back more than one season. Rex can't win with just good football players. He's a one trick pony, and that pony isn't performing well lately. Not sure if he can evolve. I think we have the potential to be a good offense, but I prefer to beat teams if you can, and not resort to trying to trick them instead. We had the guys to just BEAT teams defensively. Rex refused and wanted to do it his way.

But if Pegula and Brandon chose Ryan over Whaley's choice....how can they blame him for changing the roster for the head coach they chose?

But if Pegula and Brandon chose Ryan over Whaley's choice....how can they blame him for changing the roster for the head coach they chose?

I'm hoping Whaley gets a pass for that exact reason. I think he does a good job. Rex? Not so much.... I also hope the Pegulas learn from their infatuation with Rex.

..when the Bills finish last, we will have watched the rex and rob ryan disaster unfold in front of us. It is not a question of if, the bills will finish last in the AFCE

The Big O -- The WRs after Sammy are bad, 2nd TE is non existent, TT regresses or gets banged up early, Shady gets 5 game suspension, our other RBs get hurt. We have a line but no one to block for.

The Big D -- A defense with no LBs while the D line continues its massive decline. Darby gets hurt and Gilmore wants 17 mil. Aaron retires. Another bottom 30 finish.

Carpenter still can't make an XP.

This team is not getting better.

Edited by jumbalaya

If this horror were to unfold then I would think that Rex & defensive crew would be kicked out of town. I would like it to end there and keep Whaley. As far as a new HC goes as long as the offense fared reasonably well then I'd be all for making Greg Roman as the new man in charge.

If this horror were to unfold then I would think that Rex & defensive crew would be kicked out of town. I would like it to end there and keep Whaley. As far as a new HC goes as long as the offense fared reasonably well then I'd be all for making Greg Roman as the new man in charge.

So, who wants to buy the cool pickup? He won't need that in Bristol, or wherever he goes to count his money.

What will happen when they finish first?

We'll all be shocked. All of us.

So, who wants to buy the cool pickup? He won't need that in Bristol, or wherever he goes to count his money.

The buffalo isn't even charging in the right direction, it's running backwards. Shoulda been a sign.

We'll all be shocked. All of us.

The buffalo isn't even charging in the right direction, it's running backwards. Shoulda been a sign.

Its hard to predict Buffalo to be 1st in the division based on what has transpired

however

When the team goes 4-2 in the division it is NOT charging in the wrong direction....it needs to figure out how to win 2 more games that it lost in 2015

Edited by John from Hemet

I pointed that out instantly, but hoped against all odds he could get it right on the field. I fear I was terribly wrong. I have no hope with the clown in charge. But we should win some press conferences!

This is a very real possibility. No reason to think that the Patriots won't win the division this year. In the last couple/few years the Bills have owned the Dolpins but Mario had some big games against them but now he plays for them. The Jets are a much better team without Rex IMO and if they retain Fitzpatrick they will have a potent offense with a formidable defense. The Bills on the other hand have some great defensive players but if they don't drastically improve we'll have to rely on an offense that is questioned.

Will Rex be the fall guy? Being the HC makes it a reasonable assumption that he should and would be. What about Whaley? How much will he have to answer for? The franchise, does it get set back further than it has been in the last decade or so? In the last 24+ months I feel that this franchise made a big time push to advance, and while it did improve it only netted a 9-7 and 8-8 record to show for it. Now this off season we have been hamstrung with our contracts and really only have the draft to rely on to improve this roster. During that time frame we saw what we hoped was going to be our franchise QB (EJ) not only fumble his was out of the position but more than likely even out of being a reliable back up. We also witnessed our HC, who was going to lead us to the promised land, abruptly quit and desert us to become an asst coach for all franchises the Jacksonville Jaguars! How absurd is that??! It gets better, they replace him with a loudmouth HC who was ran out of his last job not only because of his losing record but also because of his lack of discipline and organizational skills. Wait, it gets better, not only did we hire him but just for good measure we made sure that we doubled up and hired his twin brother as well.

Going into last season I was very hopeful and optimistic, going into this season I am just, well, I am just very scared.

Go Bills??!

depends on our record but safe to say to be last would probably be 6-10 or less so Rexy is probably gone.

:thumbsup: I don't always agree with Beef Jerky.... But when I do I :thumbsup:

:lol:

..when the Bills finish last, we will have watched the rex and rob ryan disaster unfold in front of us. It is not a question of if, the bills will finish last in the AFCE

The Big O -- The WRs after Sammy are bad, 2nd TE is non existent, TT regresses or gets banged up early, Shady gets 5 game suspension, our other RBs get hurt. We have a line but no one to block for.

The Big D -- A defense with no LBs while the D line continues its massive decline. Darby gets hurt and Gilmore wants 17 mil. Aaron retires. Another bottom 30 finish.

Carpenter still can't make an XP.

This team is not getting better.

And it appears you are happy. Your ability to be Nostradamus is in low 1%.

I think it's possible Tyrod gets better and so does the defense.

I honestly believe both of those will happen, but how many more wins does that translate to? I wish I knew.....

I agree with both mindsets here. I expect Taylor to be more comfortable with Roman and visa versa. A coordinator being familiar with his QB's likes and disklikes, strengths and weaknesses, can make everything run smoother on game day. The chemistry to be better between Taylor and his main targets (Sammy, Clay, Woods, McCoy) just by virtue of having a year together and a full off season / training camp unlike last year's abridged version. The same logic holds true on defense having a year together in the system and with Rex. There's no reason to think both units can't take significant steps forward in '16 even with the loss of Mario, Leo, Bradham, and Hogan.

The schedule is tougher this year, though I don't really put much stock in assessing strength of schedules in March. Too much can change between now and then, let alone when actual football begins in September. What looks like a daunting schedule in March could easily be a laugher by December. The key question is whether or not an improved Taylor and defense is enough to take 1 or (gasp) 2 games from N*w *ngland. I'd like to think so, but who knows.

It's still going to take 10 wins at least to get in the playoffs -- five or six (I know) divisional wins gives them a lot of wiggle room with their (seemingly) brutal NFC schedule and multiple west coast trips... Hey, if you can't dream in March when can you?

I agree with both mindsets here. I expect Taylor to be more comfortable with Roman and visa versa. A coordinator being familiar with his QB's likes and disklikes, strengths and weaknesses, can make everything run smoother on game day. The chemistry to be better between Taylor and his main targets (Sammy, Clay, Woods, McCoy) just by virtue of having a year together and a full off season / training camp unlike last year's abridged version. The same logic holds true on defense having a year together in the system and with Rex. There's no reason to think both units can't take significant steps forward in '16 even with the loss of Mario, Leo, Bradham, and Hogan.

The schedule is tougher this year, though I don't really put much stock in assessing strength of schedules in March. Too much can change between now and then, let alone when actual football begins in September. What looks like a daunting schedule in March could easily be a laugher by December. The key question is whether or not an improved Taylor and defense is enough to take 1 or (gasp) 2 games from N*w *ngland. I'd like to think so, but who knows.

It's still going to take 10 wins at least to get in the playoffs -- five or six (I know) divisional wins gives them a lot of wiggle room with their (seemingly) brutal NFC schedule and multiple west coast trips... Hey, if you can't dream in March when can you?

Well said friend. Looks like the Deranged Rhino is a sane person.