Liberal Protests

B-Man

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Everywhere Statues Are Torn Down By The Mob, History Promises People Are Next

by Christopher Bedford

Original Article

WASHINGTON, DC—For millennia, King Mob has targeted societies’ icons with varied goals and to varied ends, and few things are more foreboding than his desecration of civic art. Just as the targets have ranged from rulers to clergy, from tyrants to helpless, and from the guilty to the innocent, the outcomes have ranged from victory to defeat depending on the society’s strength and will. The promise of bloodshed coming alongside or following shortly after, however, is an historic certainty. 

Good reading for our resident idiot Tiberius and his army of alts.  I've said it before on PPP and will say again that Tiberius will be a target of the movement he espouses as he has shown a willingness to actively undermine an existing government.  This implies he may very well be willing to do so again and will be regarded with a very low level of trust by a new regime.  A new regime will not chance having around a group of people who may ultimately prove to be disloyal to that regime.

• Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I was thinking about this and, while it is true that any interaction could end up with lethal force, I think it's worth limiting to violent crimes plus weapons charges - which appear to be separate. This analysis was done in an effort to concisely summarize my take on the current ongoing discussion. 

1.thumb.JPG.714f56775bd020e9b4f6c120e65d0d13.JPG

I think generally this graph shows the injustice being protested. It is derived by the percentage of lethal interactions divided by the percentage of US population. As you can see, black Americans are the only demographic over 1, and they're over 1.5. Almost double the rate of the others. If this was what you focused on I could certainly understand the concern.

If you then look at the violent crime rate, a different picture is painted.2.thumb.JPG.0e04335d4d8f76771a03d69b742fb4c2.JPG

Violent is strictly violent crimes (murder, manslaughter, rape, assault, robbery) while violent+ also includes weapons offenses. This was in an effort to only include the likeliest interactions to get violent. It is found the same way as graph 1. Percentage of violent offenses divided by percentage of US population. 

If you combine the two data points, you end up with the following:3.thumb.JPG.10eaf152dab898c9970825b238df18cb.JPG

So in other words, maybe Asians should be upset. In talking through this with my father, a retired officer, he speculated that the higher rate of Asian incidents could probably be traced to language barriers to some extent.

Anyway, just thoughts on the topic. Certainly open to discussion. 

Excellent analysis.  

I think a lot of people are looking at the sheer number of African American deaths and not understanding the bigger picture.  When you have high crime rates you naturally have to dedicate police resources to it.  Which increases the likelihood of a violent encounter between criminals and police.  Likewise, a greater likelihood that police may have a heightened sense of caution when policing high crime areas.

• Like (+1) 3

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: What Happens When the Madness Ends? Today’s corporate revolutionary enthusiasts had better prepare for the inevitable turn.

Related: Fuji Bikes Suspends Sales To Law Enforcement, Citing Use During Riot Control. 

It’s astounding — and telling — that big corporations will treat U.S. police departments like war criminals, while continuing to do business with the PRC.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Good reading for our resident idiot Tiberius and his army of alts.  I've said it before on PPP and will say again that Tiberius will be a target of the movement he espouses as he has shown a willingness to actively undermine an existing government.  This implies he may very well be willing to do so again and will be regarded with a very low level of trust by a new regime.  A new regime will not chance having around a group of people who may ultimately prove to be disloyal to that regime.

Hoax.  You’re the resident idiot here. 

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Truth.  You’re the resident genius here. 

Your fear is obvious in that post.  You know damn well the potential traitors are the first to be rounded up for a disposition to prison or in more extreme situations execution when a new regime takes hold.  You are trying to fool only yourself.  

Edited by RochesterRob
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Our early republic tore down all sorts of statues, coat of arms, paintings, royal symbols, etc, seems to have worked fine. 

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

MLK was labeled a communist, too. Lame 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Our early republic tore down all sorts of statues, coat of arms, paintings, royal symbols, etc, seems to have worked fine. 

Not the same example as you being in obvious opposition to a government lacking a coherent reason as to why.  A new regime will figure you will be quick to label it immoral or corrupt especially if there is money on the table for you to grab for saying it.  Extremely doubtful that you would have deep connections to the leaders of a new regime to keep your butt out of prison.  Or in the old more civil days faked evidence of marital infidelity among other issues that could ruin your life.  

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Not the same example as you being in obvious opposition to a government lacking a coherent reason as to why.  A new regime will figure you will be quick to label it immoral or corrupt especially if there is money on the table for you to grab for saying it.  Extremely doubtful that you would have deep connections to the leaders of a new regime to keep your butt out of prison.  Or in the old more civil days faked evidence of marital infidelity among other issues that could ruin your life.  

Can’t wait I’ll Trump Losers the election. 

Do you think he will win? 

28 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your fear is obvious in that post.  You know damn well the potential traitors are the first to be rounded up for a disposition to prison or in more extreme situations execution when a new regime takes hold.  You are trying to fool only yourself.  

Hoax.  I’m not fearful.  And I’m not trying to fool anyone.  

2 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your fear is obvious as you danced around the possibility of a new government wanting to take harsh measures to at the very least quiet you.

Just terrified! I better get a job with the government hunting down right wing terrorists 

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

MLK was labeled a communist, too. Lame 

Being labeled and openly admitting your are Marxist is a totally different thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrisse_Cullors

ETA... I was posting the above wiki link because just two days ago I looked her up and in the wiki page it was quoted as her being a self described Marxist.  The information has been removed from the wiki by someone.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your fear is obvious as you danced around the possibility of a new government wanting to take harsh measures to at the very least quiet you.

Yeah, tibs and the ambulance chaser are gone.

5 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Good point.  Now I’m scared. Hopefully I can scrounge up some ludes to take the edge off.  Sorry for dancing around the possibility of a new government wanting to take harsh measures to muzzle me.  

Just now, Tiberius said:

Just terrified! I better get a job with the government hunting down right wing terrorists 

For that they would just hire sellout right wing terrorists to create a much more direct path to capture other right wing terrorist.  I can see your dossier with the new government.  Willing to say anything for a dollar.  High degree of probable betrayal.  Charge with several crimes and jail.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Yeah, tibs and the ambulance chaser are gone.

The Washed up Creepster is back!  Good afternoon, sir!

Just now, RochesterRob said:

For that they would just hire sellout right wing terrorists to create a much more direct path to capture other right wing terrorist.  I can see your dossier with the new government.  Willing to say anything for a dollar.  High degree of probable betrayal.  Charge with several crimes and jail.

Serious question: are you high?  It’s OK if you are (as long as you’re not driving or operating construction equipment or mowing your law).  This is pretty whacked stuff.  You’re normally more . . . Normal than this.  

16 hours ago, Cinga said:

This young lady gives me hope for the future

false and moral equivalence, blah blah blah, platitude galore blah blah blah, paper tiger blah blah blah, straight up lies blah blah blah other than that this kid is just Fine 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bdutton said:

Being labeled and openly admitting your are Marxist is a totally different thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrisse_Cullors

ETA... I was posting the above wiki link because just two days ago I looked her up and in the wiki page it was quoted as her being a self described Marxist.  The information has been removed from the wiki by someone.  

Can’t see how it really matters, honestly. They just don’t want cops killing blacks, which is reasonable

Just now, SectionC3 said:

What are you babbling about now? I'm not the one who defends pedophiles and rapists. 

Just now, Muppy said:

false and moral equivalence, blah blah blah, platitude galore blah blah blah, paper tiger blah blah blah, straight up lies blah blah blah other than that this kid is just Fine 

Can you prove these so called lies? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Serious question: are you high?  It’s OK if you are (as long as you’re not driving or operating construction equipment or mowing your law).  This is pretty whacked stuff.  You’re normally more . . . Normal than this.  

I was thinking drunk

Just now, westside2 said:

What are you babbling about now? I'm not the one who defends pedophiles and rapists. 

Hoax.  You need to check Donald Trump’s twitter.  He said it, not me.  “Washed up Creepster” is such a great turn of phrase!

Just now, Tiberius said:

I was thinking drunk

Good point.  It is after noon, meaning that it’s acceptable to be drunk by now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  You need to check Donald Trump’s twitter.  He said it, not me.  “Washed up Creepster” is such a great turn of phrase!

Good point.  It is after noon, meaning that it’s acceptable to be drunk by now. 

Actually it's pretty weak. You can do better AC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Course he can't, since there aren't any lies in what she said.... 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

stating that burning down churches is okay thats one, saying she has to apologize for standing for the national anthem another....Both absurd to the point of ridiculous..fan those flames baby girl

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

stating that burning down churches is okay thats one, saying she has to apologize for standing for the national anthem another....Both absurd to the point of ridiculous..fan those flames baby girl

you must live under a rock. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Muppy said:

So, you can't refute them. All you have are feelz? You can and usually do better than this margarita. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, westside2 said:

So, you can't refute them. All you have are feelz? You can and usually do better than this margarita. 

what on earth are you talking about neither of those things I stated are True unless you want to fan an agenda..up is down and down is Up Unbelievbale

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

what on earth are you talking about neither of those things I stated are True unless you want to fan an agenda..up is down and down is Up Unbelievbale

Churches haven't been vandalized or set on fire? Really margarita? They are talking about tearing down statues of Jesus! 

Everything that intelligent young woman said was true. If you don't agree with it, that's your prerogative. But feelz aren't facts. Be better margarita. You're one of the more moderate Democrats on here. 

12 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Actually it's pretty weak. You can do better AC.

So now you think Trump is weak?  Duly noted, Creepster. 

Churches haven't been vandalized or set on fire? Really margarita? They are talking about tearing down statues of Jesus! 

Everything that intelligent young woman said was true. If you don't agree with it, that's your prerogative. But feelz aren't facts. Be better margarita. You're one of the more moderate Democrats on here. 

The worst instance of church tarnishment In this whole episode occurred when Trump visited St. John’s. 

21 minutes ago, westside2 said:

she said "you can burn churches"...,its clearly not its unlawful and despicable........right? or are you going to argue that too.....the thing is and my point is she is saying these platitudes as facts when they are generalizations and stereotypes...dangerous ones at that.  I understand her frustration but dont confuse what she said for full comprehensive reality in every facet of what she said its just not. 

Edited by Muppy

4 minutes ago, Muppy said:

she said it was OKAY,...,its clearly not its unlawful and despicable........right? or are you going to argue that too.....

I agree it's unlawful and despicable. I just didn't wish it took a you lady on social media to finally speak out about it. I didn't hear a single peep by the left when it's happening, but as soon as someone speaks out about it, it becomes unlawful and despicable. I just wish you were more consistent. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Trump? No, your attempt to insult me was weak. But you already knew that AC. ?

Hoax.  I simply repeated a freshly-uttered Trumpism. I’m sorry to learn that you think the trumpism is weak, at that its utterer by extension also is weak.  This is a point on which we can agree: Trump is a low-energy, weak, sad loser.   I’m glad that after all of our discourse we found common ground on this important point!