Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 hours ago, Muppy said:

He can't not all protesters are vandals. A few are. Absolutes are never a given in these situations. Factoring the true valid protest as opposed to rabble hoping to incite violence and destruction is the rub. The folks  taking a violent looting turn are not the true protesters in my opinion. They are simply criminal opportunist thieves and inciters of hatred and  animosity. Social change  rationale attributed to them cant really be proven or disproven IMO . Taking advantage of a volatile situation and  taking it out on innocent business owners is  terrible shame on them.

Some protestors are vandals, but all protestors are dipshits.

WTF are they even protesting?

Is it about the mythical scourge of police murdering innocent black men?

Or the racial oppression they claim is rampant but still manages to successfully hide from all but those who believe on faith?

If these assho!es really want to make the world a better place they should take their cult the way of Jim Jones so they can stop oppressing black people with their white privilege.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think the people of Minneapolis should get exactly what they vote for. They deserve it.

The genius of the United States is that it’s a laboratory for legislative ideas. So I’m all for it! Let Minneapolis experiment till the cows come home. I’ll sit back and see what comes of it. (PS: I obviously don’t live there.)

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I think the people of Minneapolis should get exactly what they vote for. They deserve it.

I think I read the people of Minneapolis may have to vote for this. Something to do with the city charter, and they were rushing to get it onto the November ballot.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

They are going to replace the Department of Police with a new unit called “The Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention” and staff  it with Peace Officers?

How many meetings before the retired stoner with the man bun who is designated “Second Associate Director of Community Goodness” suggests without a hint of irony:  “Guys...we need people to know who works for the Minneapolis DOCSVP...let’s get them in costumes and cars that are easily identifiable!”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I spent about 6 weeks in Minneapolis a number of years ago.   I loved the city, the people were awesome and the lakes beautiful.  If the opportunity had come around to visit, I’d have taken my wife and children there in a heartbeat (though my wife kept telling friends I was in Michigan).  Now?  No thanks.  

Btw there are a lot of lakes in Minny...I bet there are easily 2500. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

They are going to replace the Department of Police with a new unit called “The Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention” and staff  it with Peace Officers?

How many meetings before the retired stoner with the man bun who is designated “Second Associate Director of Community Goodness” suggests without a hint of irony:  “Guys...we need people to know who works for the Minneapolis DOCSVP...let’s get them in costumes and cars that are easily identifiable!”. 

Like these guys?

The Yield Curve’s Round Trip – Alhambra Investments

18 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I spent about 6 weeks in Minneapolis a number of years ago.   I loved the city, the people were awesome and the lakes beautiful.  If the opportunity had come around to visit, I’d have taken my wife and children there in a heartbeat (though my wife kept telling friends I was in Michigan).  Now?  No thanks.  

My son went to law school there and I really enjoyed the city every time I visited him. He was with a law firm up there until January of this year and is now with a firm down in Houston. I am so glad he left when he did. So is he. 

As an aside, he knew the Mayor and, well, let’s just say he wasn’t a fan :lol:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

'The state's nickname "Land of 10,000 Lakes" is apt, as there are 11,842 Minnesota lakes over 10 acres "

'

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

'The state's nickname "Land of 10,000 Lakes" is apt, as there are 11,842 Minnesota lakes over 10 acres "

'

And poor Georgia doesn't have any naturally formed lakes... 

7 hours ago, Muppy said:

He can't not all protesters are vandals. A few are. Absolutes are never a given in these situations. Factoring the true valid protest as opposed to rabble hoping to incite violence and destruction is the rub. The folks  taking a violent looting turn are not the true protesters in my opinion. They are simply criminal opportunist thieves and inciters of hatred and  animosity. Social change  rationale attributed to them cant really be proven or disproven IMO . Taking advantage of a volatile situation and  taking it out on innocent business owners is  terrible shame on them.

What degree of responsibility do you place on the true protesters for not weeding out the bad apples that damage and loot? If the vast majority of people gathering and/or marching in the form of a protest are innocent and peaceful then one would think that they could easily control the rioters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

What degree of responsibility do you place on the true protesters for not weeding out the bad apples that damage and loot? If the vast majority of people gathering and/or marching in the form of a protest are innocent and peaceful then one would think that they could easily control the rioters. 

If the protesters want to say all cops are bad because the truly bad ones aren’t immediately identified and weeded out, the same standard should apply to them. #allprotestersarerioters

• Like (+1) 2