Liberal Protests

B-Man

This is a somewhat lengthy article, but I highly recommend it.  Jonathan Chait is a leftist and at times can be partisan.  But he has been speaking out about the "illberal left" for quite some time.  He had a really eye opening article that I remember reading back in 2015.

Excerpt from the tweeted article from below.

Politics is a matter of life and death. If you start with the premise that one side has a monopoly on truth, you inevitably land on the conclusion that questioning its ideas is dangerous.

The question isn’t whether the Times should apply any ideological standard to its columns; it always has. The question is whether the appropriate standard is one that lends itself so readily to abuse. The norm of suppressing a belief because somebody saying it makes them or others unsafe has left a trail of absurd or horrifying episodes in academia and elsewhere that many progressives insisted didn’t matter because It Wouldn’t Happen Here. And yet as this norm spreads, its central flaw has never been resolved: Any definition of “unsafe” that aims for a Tom Cotton will hit a David Shor or a Lee Fang.

Edited by Magox
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Autonomous Zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Three days in and they’re already starving, and are being brutalized by a self-ordained warlord.

Three.  Days.

I was looking at some pics today and can't stop laughing.  It reminds me of a mix of 18-20 years old getting kicked out of parents house because they are drug addicts and kids selling lemonade on the side of the road.

It's a glorified flee market.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

We are fortunate, we live on 6 acres in the woods off a dead end road. To find us you literally have to be lost :lol:

So, you have to be lost to find your way back home? I see a new purpose for those with dementia. (side note: I'm experiencing that in my family)

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The Autonomous Zone in Seattle is hilarious.

Three days in and they’re already starving, and are being brutalized by a self-ordained warlord.

Three.  Days.

Ah, the resurgence of the protection rackets. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is a conversation I had with a VERY Christian friend of mine recently:

Me:  It doesn't make sense that government leaders said "no church services due to Corona!!"  but then turned around and supported and even participated in protests.  Maybe you should remind them that you too are protesting the brutal murder of a man of color by the authorities.

Him:  Oh no!  We're not protesting it....we're celebrating it!

Me: Ahhhh, I think I see your problem.