Liberal Protests

B-Man

….sure as hell looks like the "best and the brightest" to me......the pic can't be real.....

Illinois man accused of passing out explosives at Minneapolis George Floyd protest

By Robert Gearty | Fox News

Federal prosecutors have arrested an Illinois man they say attended a George Floyd protest in Minneapolis, and recorded himself handing out explosives and saying “we came to riot.”

Matthew Lee Rupert, 28, of Galesburg, Ill., described by prosecutors as having "distinctive gold teeth," was accused Monday with civil disorder, carrying on a riot and possession of unregistered destructive devices.

Prosecutors said they have evidence showing Rupert particpated in the George Floyd protest in Minneapolis on Friday, after traveling from Illinois.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-man-accused-of-passing-out-explosives-at-minneapolis-george-floyd-protest

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The current system doesn't work for people of colour.

You keep saying this; however, you never explain it. Why don't you do it now, so that nobody "twists" your words. Here is your chance to actually list substantive facts to support your position and we can have an honest debate.

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

“‘Instead of standing there and teaching a cop when there’s an unarmed person coming at ‘em with a knife or something, shoot ‘em in the leg instead of in the heart,’ Biden said in an address to black community leaders in Wilmington, Del.”

People are actually gonna vote for this imbecile? This is one of the most ignorant, moronic statements I’ve heard. And, it’s from a “presidential candidate”. 

An unarmed person with a knife? Good God.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

No. 

As I've said numerous times throughout this post, the people destroying the property represent a tiny portion of the people out in the streets.

Who gives a flying flip if you believe it's a "tiny portion" of the people out in the streets.

The fact is that there have been thousands of small businesses destroyed, many law enforcement officers have been injured, some have died, communities have been destroyed, housing projects for low income folks have been torched.  This is the reality!  

So again, you are minimizing it by saying "tiny portion".   Tiny would be a few businesses, maybe one death.  A few people injured.  That would be tiny.

Thousands of small businesses is not tiny.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

That took over a year before he was even arrested, this scum cop has already been arrested and charged

Without video evidence it takes time to actually build a case. 

And it took 7 months to convene a grand jury. 

You walk through a crowd that you know already hates the President wearing a Trump t-shirt, you better expect some sort of reaction, but that is absolutely despicable.  I hope they identify the person who spit on him and that she is charged with something serious.  Absolutely horrendous. 

11 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Don't get so emotional there, chief. I haven't created any opinions for you. My posts regarding you have been straight forward and factual.

Nothing says you are right like hurling insults....

The insults started around page 325.  You'll never guess who cast the first stone, chief.

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Who gives a flying flip if you believe it's a "tiny portion" of the people out in the streets.

The fact is that there have been thousands of small businesses destroyed, many law enforcement officers have been injured, some have died, communities have been destroyed, housing projects for low income folks have been torched.  This is the reality!  

So again, you are minimizing it by saying "tiny portion".   Tiny would be a few businesses, maybe one death.  A few people injured.  That would be tiny.

Thousands of small businesses is not tiny.  

There are tens of thousands of people protesting around the country.

If 5% of them are violent, that's a lot of people looting, hiding among the crowds, throwing bricks and rocks from a distance, and lighting things on fire when there are no cops around.

These are professional protesters. A few people hiding in a massive crowd doing whatever they want without getting caught. 

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The insults started around page 325.  You'll never guess who cast the first stone, chief.

Sorry your feelings are hurt....

giphy.gif

Of course, I don't believe I ever insulted you

Edited by billsfan1959

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Without video evidence it takes time to actually build a case. 

And it took 7 months to convene a grand jury. 

That's a lot of prime looting and rioting, er, "protesting" time...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, jrober38 said:

There are tens of thousands of people protesting around the country.

If 5% of them are violent, that's a lot of people looting, hiding among the crowds, throwing bricks and rocks from a distance, and lighting things on fire when there are no cops around.

These are professional protesters. A few people hiding in a massive crowd doing whatever they want without getting caught. 

That's certainly insulting to the 95%.

Can't they stop the ones ruining their message...................There are a few isolated incidents I am aware,

But I think your percentages are off................The majority of "protesters" are looking to riot.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You keep saying this; however, you never explain it. Why don't you do it now, so that nobody "twists" your words. Here is your chance to actually list substantive facts to support your position and we can have an honest debate.

If I need to explain it, there's no reason to because you're obviously living under a rock.

There are some open minded people on here who disagree with me on a lot of things but I can still have a good conversation with. You're not one of them if you can't see the obvious issues that affect the black community across the US. 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

First, he's Canadian. So his views on this are about as relevant as my views on Canadian government. ***** him and his cowardly words. 

Second, he -- like all the NPCs -- are ignoring that the arc of history in this country has always bent towards justice. Our system has flaws, no one denies that. Those flaws, laws, and systemic issues take time to be addressed. Where we were in 1965 compared to 2020 is night and day. That is undeniable. It is also undeniable that the bend in this country has been towards fixing injustice, not exacerbating it. The system may be slow, but it is working. 

What the NPCs are calling for is burning the whole system down, a system that -- despite its flaws -- is constantly evolving towards justice. They do not have a replacement in mind, just the desire to watch the system burn. Because it will feel good. It will stoke all their virtues and make them feel as if they're helping the downtrodden. But in reality, when you burn one system without a replacement in mind, the people who get hurt the most (and most immediately) are those downtrodden folk. 

That's why they're going to lose. That's why their philosophy and virtue signaling rings so hollow. These people are being used, by very bad people, to push dangerous ideologies and chaos. They think they're helping their cause by doing so, but they're not.

November will be very hard for a lot of people here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2