Liberal Protests

B-Man

6 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Sorry, who has approved of the rioting, looting and killing?

By not forcefully condemning it to the max, falsely and dishonestly making an equivalency to peaceful protesters being abused and hardly discussing it is a form of tacit minimization.  The idea that people are focusing on this as opposed to the true abuse from the looters, rioters and arsonists is as I mentioned Orwellian.

And for those of you who are partaking in this patently repulsive notion, yes you are part of an Orwellian construct.  This is IN FACT a societal condition that is destructive to the welfare of our free and open society.   We have laws for a reason, and just because an injustice in the system occurred and even if it is systemic, it doesn't give the right for these people to not follow the laws.  This is pure destruction and there are shades and elements of 'The purge' that is taking place.  This is pure anarchy.

12 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But this is "Warfare" they say.

Warfare!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

I’m laughing so hard at this right now! Thank you!

The scenario the media created for this reminds me of a scene in The Office where Dwight sprays someone with pepper spray to prevent an attack and then everyone in the office end up crying.

Can just imagine the cops smugly throwing CS and then waltzing through it only to end up crying "whose laughing now?" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

The scenario the media created for this reminds me of a scene in The Office where Dwight sprays someone with pepper spray to prevent an attack and then everyone in the office end up crying.

Can just imagine the cops smugly throwing CS and then waltzing through it only to end up crying "whose laughing now?" 

WARFARE!

19 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

lol. 

I got really into it only (and still play occasional) but I plateaued at like a 1200 rating where 3000 is grand master, or something like that. Put into perspective that I'm not the amazing genius I feel like after embarrassing friends and family around the holidays... The idea of those parks scares the crap out of me and my marginal skills. 

if you go to DC, sit down and play a game. Great fun..They know i am a rank ametuer, more than happy to take my money!

They also play in Dupont Circle, little more serious there, not as fun..younger crowd. The old guys in Lafeyette know tourists are  their marks, so they keep light and fun

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

That reminds me, what does AOC have to say about all this??

Probably something along the lines of, "If we can't give people free stuff by imposing a "fair" tax structure to pay for it, actual, physical looting to get free stuff works too."

• Thank you (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I think you're being harsh.....she's classy and has Chicago under control...…..

82 shot, 22 fatally, over Chicago’s most violent weekend of 2020

More than half of the weekend’s victims were shot on Sunday as the city reeled from violent protests Saturday night that led to hundreds of arrests and the implementation of a curfew.

By Sun-Times Wire Updated Jun 1, 2020, 10:09pm CDT

…….and "classy"...………..

Chicago mayor tells Trump 'F-U' after tweet about Minneapolis looting

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot blasted President Trump and invoked an expletive Friday in response to his tweets after three days of protests in Minneapolis, Minn., when he called the protesters "THUGS" and tweeted that "when the looting starts, the shooting starts."

“Donald Trump’s comment last night was profoundly dangerous,” Lightfoot said Friday during a news conference to discuss plans to reopen the city. “And we must stand firm in solidarity and say this is totally unacceptable no matter who is the speaker."

“He wants to show failures on the part of Democratic local leaders, to throw red meat to his base," she added, according to WGN9. "His goal is to polarize, to destabilize local government and inflame racist urges. We can absolutely not let him prevail. And I will code what I really want to say to Donald Trump. It’s two words. It begins with F and it ends with U.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chicago-mayor-f-u-trump-george-floyd-minneapolis-looting-tweet

This perfectly illustrates why the racist construct of this entire thing is so disingenuous. This one weekend in Chicago represents far deeper and wide spread issues than a few random incompetent cops. Yet no one is marching based on this. Blacks killing blacks apparently perfectly acceptable and normal for sjw/antifa/blm crown. 

Edited by Dante
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

if you go to DC, sit down and play a game. Great fun..They know i am a rank ametuer, more than happy to take my money!

They also play in Dupont Circle, little more serious there, not as fun..younger crowd. The old guys in Lafeyette know tourists are  their marks, so they keep light and fun

I love chess.  I usually play it seriously for about 6 months out of the year.  Not all at the same time but on and off and it's all online.  But when I play, I play like 10 games a day.  I usually fluctuate between 1950-2050 range.  Sometimes when I'm really hot, I can touch around 2100 level.  I thoroughly enjoy Sunday mornings, drinking coffee and playing chess.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Clearly the smart answer from law enforcement is more of the same.  Winning back the public trust one flashbang at a time.  CS gas isn't permissible under the Geneva Convention but if the police manual says you should dispense it like Pez if you doubt they have a permit then it must be the right thing to do.  

Considering the results of the past few days I don’t think anyone protesting is getting the benefit of the doubt when it comes to intentions.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Probably something along the lines of, "If we can't give people free stuff by imposing a "fair" tax structure to pay for it, actual, physical looting to get free stuff works too."

Yep. Somewhere along the way, the message that “ you can be anything you want in America if you work hard enough” got hijacked. It was so unfair ! It was changed by liberal educators to “ you deserve anything you want in America, even if you don’t work for it” 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I love chess.  I usually play it seriously for about 6 months out of the year.  Not all at the same time but on and off and it's all online.  But when I play, I play like 10 games a day.  I usually fluctuate between 1950-2050 range.  Sometimes when I'm really hot, I can touch around 2100 level.  I thoroughly enjoy Sunday mornings, drinking coffee and playing chess.  

I play too much absentmindedly or while watching tv and end up killing my rank. I sit about a 1200, but I could probably get close to 1500 if I played intentionally. Can't imagine being a 2100 though. That's impressive. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

By not forcefully condemning it to the max, falsely and dishonestly making an equivalency to peaceful protesters being abused and hardly discussing it is a form of tacit minimization.  The idea that people are focusing on this as opposed to the true abuse from the looters, rioters and arsonists is as I mentioned Orwellian.

And for those of you who are partaking in this patently repulsive notion, yes you are part of an Orwellian construct.  This is IN FACT a societal condition that is destructive to the welfare of our free and open society.   We have laws for a reason, and just because an injustice in the system occurred and even if it is systemic, it doesn't give the right for these people to not follow the laws.  This is pure destruction and there are shades and elements of 'The purge' that is taking place.  This is pure anarchy.

Good God. 

The constitution and first amendment protect their right to assemble, protest and petition the government for a redress of grievances. 

The vast majority of the people protesting are doing so peacefully. 

A small percentage of them are going to these protests armed with hammers, bricks and knives with backpacks full of fireworks and molotov cocktails. These trouble makers maybe represent 5% of the crowds. They use the crowd as a shield, throw rocks and bricks at police to provoke a response, and then all hell breaks loose. 

You can't sit there and say the whole crowd needs to be punished equally, when a tiny percentage of the people are there to incite violence and start riots. Most are exercising their first amendment rights. 

On the flip side, I'm not saying every cop is bad because a few have been caught on camera spraying pepper spray at protesters who are peacefully kneeling or lying down, following police instructions. 

You can't have it both ways. 

There is a lot of blame to go around. A few bad apples in the crowds, and a few bad apples among the cops. That's what makes these situations so difficult to control, because most people aren't doing anything wrong. 

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I wonder if that had to do with the Fentanyl and meth in his system, and the pre-existing conditions?
(Note: in my lay person opinion the cop should have been charged for something, what could get a conviction? I don't know)

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Good God. 

The constitution and first amendment protect their right to assemble, protest and petition the government for a redress of grievances. 

The vast majority of the people protesting are doing so peacefully. 

A small percentage of them are going to these protests armed with hammers, bricks and knives with backpacks full of fireworks and molotov cocktails. These trouble makers maybe represent 5% of the crowds. They use the crowd as a shield, throw rocks and bricks at police to provoke a response, and then all hell breaks loose. 

You can't sit there and say the whole crowd needs to be punished equally, when a tiny percentage of the people are there to incite violence and start riots. Most are exercising their first amendment rights. 

On the flip side, I'm not saying every cop is bad because a few have been caught on camera spraying pepper spray at protesters who are peacefully kneeling or lying down, following police instructions. 

You can't have it both ways. 

There is a lot of blame to go around. A few bad apples in the crowds, and a few bad apples among the cops. That's what makes these situations so difficult to control, because most people aren't doing anything wrong. 

You’re underrepresenting the rioters. They have taken over, and their numbers aren’t that small. On the flip side, people should actually realize that the number of bad cops is indeed small, and not buy the media narrative. In both cases ( looters and rioters are small percentage, outsiders etc etc) and the “ systemic racism” b.s . are media driven narratives removed form the reality. You seem to want it both ways yourself. When the protests were about something legitimate- people ‘s right to pursue happiness, earn a living, not wear a mask, assemble in groups were being trampled by Lib Governors because some people might get sick, you were adamantly against those constitutional rights. Now, protests are over some undefinable, invisible load of bunk, and it’s perfectly acceptable to be lawless and destroy ? 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

You’re underrepresenting the rioters. They have taken over, and their numbers aren’t that small. On the flip side, people should actually realize that the number of bad cops is indeed small, and not buy the media narrative. In both cases ( looters and rioters are small percentage, outsiders etc etc) and the “ systemic racism” b.s . are media driven narratives removed form the reality. 

I'm not. If the numbers were bigger, it would be open warfare with tons of blood shed and death in the streets. 

Most protesters, and most police have good intentions, it's the bad ones the media keeps showing on repeat all day long. 

None of the peaceful protests across the country are getting any coverage at all. They're just focusing on the most out of control situations to spin a narrative that that is what is happening all over the country. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I wonder if that had to do with the Fentanyl and meth in his system, and the pre-existing conditions?
(Note: in my lay person opinion the cop should have been charged for something, what could get a conviction? I don't know)

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The date on the link is the date that Chauvin was arrested. The article is also very vague. Is he saying he can’t charge the other officers?

Correct, this is from last week. The OP stated without the  outside pressure and the video, he prolly would  not have been charged, and that happens all to often when it comes to police and black victims.

BTW, i wonder how hard it would be to have a seperate DA that only looks at these types of cases. Seems to me , i the DA has to work with that particular police force to do his job, it is an inherit conflict of interest of  interest no?

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The title of this is extremely misleading. The DA said they are investigating and doing it as expeditiously as possible. He didn't say there wasn't enough evidence to charge the officers. He said there was some evidence that did not justify charges, which is absolutely reasonable in the initial stages of an investigation before everything can be fully analyzed. He also stated he didn't want to discuss the nature of the evidence. He concluded by saying they were continuing to investigate and wanted to make sure they didn't charge anyone prematurely, like they did in Baltimore.

• Thank you (+1) 1