Liberal Protests

B-Man

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm actually not a big fan of government force in any of the above applications but I am happy to find middle ground with you and agree to move on with our new lives as admitted and unabashed hypocrites!  It feels pretty good.  You gonna make it?

c636cbffd242dfcceb616ffb0432e82e.jpg&f=1

• Haha (+1) 2

...here we go...……….

BET co-founder calls for $14T in reparations for black Americans

Johnson also weighed in on the "tragic situation" of George Floyd

By Evie FordhamFOXBusiness

BET co-founder Robert L. Johnson called for $14 trillion in reparations for every descendant of African American slaves as "atonement" on Monday following the death of George Floyd.

"Is $14 trillion too much to ask for the atonement of 200 plus years of brutal slavery, de facto and de jure government-sponsored social and economic discrimination and the permanent emotional trauma inflicted upon black Americans by being forced to believe in a hypocritical and unfulfilled pledge that 'all men are created equal'?" Johnson said in a statement.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/robert-johnson-reparations-bet-george-floyd

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here we go...……….

BET co-founder calls for $14T in reparations for black Americans

Johnson also weighed in on the "tragic situation" of George Floyd

By Evie FordhamFOXBusiness

BET co-founder Robert L. Johnson called for $14 trillion in reparations for every descendant of African American slaves as "atonement" on Monday following the death of George Floyd.

"Is $14 trillion too much to ask for the atonement of 200 plus years of brutal slavery, de facto and de jure government-sponsored social and economic discrimination and the permanent emotional trauma inflicted upon black Americans by being forced to believe in a hypocritical and unfulfilled pledge that 'all men are created equal'?" Johnson said in a statement.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/money/robert-johnson-reparations-bet-george-floyd

You first, Bob.

29 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Set the record straight then Joe. Below is where you have stood on the issues.  How does this make sense?

Government force used to impose quarantines: Tyranny 

Government force to restrict hours on private enterprise: Tyranny

Military force to enforce curfews, dispel assembly, and put down looting/civil unrest: Justified

And the opposite is true for you:

Government force used to impose quarantines: Justified

Government force to restrict hours on private enterprise: Justified

Le/Military force to enforce curfews, dispel unlawful assembly, and put down looting/vandalism/arson/assault/murder: Tyranny

I know which side I am happy to come down on....

• Like (+1) 1

I can't help but think the Israelis have it right with mandatory national military service. Seems a lot of these young people have an extreme need for discipline (and patriotism) in their lives. Looting, rioting, and insurrection really aren't a great life plan.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Set the record straight then Joe. Below is where you have stood on the issues.  How does this make sense?

Government force used to impose quarantines: Tyranny 

Government force to restrict hours on private enterprise: Tyranny

Military force to enforce curfews, dispel assembly, and put down looting/civil unrest: Justified

I mean, isn't it right there in the descriptions? 

Government force to impose quarantines (on healthy, innocent populations): ?

Government force to restrict hours on private enterprises (that are obeying the law and not engaging in any criminal activity): ?

Military force to enforce curfews, dispel assembly, and put down looting/civil unrest (against populations that are engaged in widespread criminality and illegality): ?

Seems pretty straightforward to me, though I don't like city wide curfews as a general rule. 

The same people who thought it was totally fine for police to enforce social distancing and shut down businesses are freaked out by force being used to stop riots, looting, destruction of personal property, and murder.

The false equivalency in the Leftist nutbags is an amazing thing to behold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why do you believe he would be charged? Again the DA came out before all the riots and said evidence supports no criminal charges. 

It's happened for as long as time. It's upsetting to think about but it's just a fact. 

I didn’t hear the DA say that. Do you have a link?

• Thank you (+1) 1